Notices

Closed Thread

Old 12th June 2016, 19:25   #521
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saga Lout View Post
The money that the UK hands over Weakly ( not a spelling mistake)....................... .
Priceless ...............

Really - very good indeed

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
I didn't really criticise him, more that his agenda and whats best for him has now changed, and that he should be honest about that. And if he has been wrong then, there's a chance he's wrong now.
Of COURSE there is a chance he is wrong now!!!

Just as there is an equal chance that you are........

Quote:
The government aren't allowed to preplan the outcome of such votes. Right or wrong.
Wrong - The Government has a mandate to "Be prepared" - nothing to do with Baden Powell - simply Contingency Planning. It flows down even to Town Councils.

Madness not to.

Last edited by Dragrad; 12th June 2016 at 23:56.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Old 12th June 2016, 19:37   #522
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Of COURSE there is a chance he is wrong now!!!

Just as there is an equal chance that you are........
Wrong that he's not looking out for himself and his company?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Wrong - The Government has a mandate to "Be prepared" - nothing to do with Baden Powell - simply Contingency Planning. It flows down even to Town Councils.

Madness not to.
Really, I'm pretty sure they aren't. Its been set down for years. It's seen as not preemptively deciding anything on a public vote.

Edit not sure why I've got an angry face above.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

Last edited by Dragrad; 12th June 2016 at 23:56.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Old 12th June 2016, 19:43   #523
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Yes..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gman2 View Post
Well why don't you check this out:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016...-how-does-thi/

The problem here is that you have these regions that benefit through Euro grants and UK R&D (according to the Royal Society) is a net beneficiary of EU funding plus no doubt there are lots of other areas that benefit so according to the MP quoted once we pull out the money saved will be redirected towards these regions. But hold on - you have the NHS waiting in the wings that BREXIT state that the savings can be pumped into so suddenly that £250m per week saving is going to dwindle very quickly and my hunch is funding is going to become a real issue for some areas in the UK infrastructure.
If the allowances are £8.4 Billion over six years from 2014/20...that's great but, we're giving over £19 Billion to the EU on Borrowed money each year...Do you think it's a fair return? I don't think it works for me, to put it in a nutshell, I really don't give a damn about the problems in the EU or how it runs its finances, I care about what we are losing from being in this corrupt system that is terrified of being tipped over.
Old 12th June 2016, 19:58   #524
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Quote:
Really, I'm pretty sure they aren't. Its been set down for years. It's seen as not preemptively deciding anything on a public vote.

Edit not sure why I've got an angry face above.
It sounds like a cross-your-fingers exercise. When there is a simple choice of one way or the other it's reasonable to expect a competent government, no, a requirement, to be prepared with plans to avoid a calamity! If it is really the case as you say, that is very worrying. Not just in this case but in hundreds of others.

It's not seen as being duplicitous, but certainly pre-emptive in the avoidance of complete disaster. We know that there were plans for if the Scottish indy vote went the other way and I would have thought this vote is more important. Do you have any info?
Old 12th June 2016, 20:01   #525
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

So, at post 625, what have we learnt to so far?

That there are passions being displayed by some on both sides of the debate.

Some are honest about their position being based on principles, ideology and a few basic facts (there are very few detailed facts because this is a venture into the unknown).

There are others who will argue that black is white and will no doubt continue to do so until tthe 23rd June, and possibly beyond. In their view no one else understands.

There are a few who appear not to have forgiven the Germans for starting the war and the French for not winning it on their own.

In the eyes of some, the question remains, what have the Romans (sorry the EU) ever done for us?

Does that just about sum up the status at post 625?
Old 12th June 2016, 20:14   #526
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
It sounds like a cross-your-fingers exercise. When there is a simple choice of one way or the other it's reasonable to expect a competent government, no, a requirement, to be prepared with plans to avoid a calamity! If it is really the case as you say, that is very worrying. Not just in this case but in hundreds of others.

It's not seen as being duplicitous, but certainly pre-emptive in the avoidance of complete disaster. We know that there were plans for if the Scottish indy vote went the other way and I would have thought this vote is more important. Do you have any info?
No I'm afraid not. I wasn't aware there were plans made for the Scottish referendum. But I've seen in my time specifically no plans to prejudge the outcome of a vote. Madness or otherwise.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/
Old 12th June 2016, 20:16   #527
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
So, at post 625, what have we learnt to so far?
Well, my question at post #1 was answered

..and a lot more besides

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
Old 12th June 2016, 20:32   #528
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Hi Phil, isn't that an occupational pension scheme?
Nothing you could say or do would be emetic!
In regards to the pension Ray, I am on the old scheme and Paymaster General pays it. I just hope that Cameron and his cronies, don't mess it up. His scaremongering is misguided and desperate. Silly man to try it on with his elders.

Ray you write with such conviction, power and passion, please do keep posting. A good friend from the opposing camp

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 12th June 2016 at 20:36..
Old 12th June 2016, 21:05   #529
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
No I'm afraid not. I wasn't aware there were plans made for the Scottish referendum. But I've seen in my time specifically no plans to prejudge the outcome of a vote. Madness or otherwise.

Are you actually saying that when we voted to join the Common market, the government didn't have any plans either way?
I must admit it does sometimes look as though you may be right

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12th June 2016, 21:08   #530
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I would love to make some helpfull contribition to this disscussion, but I don't have enough (any) genuine information to do so....

I will however be voting exit, simply because I don't like the way the EU seems to be going...
Closed Thread