Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 8th June 2016, 11:01   #21
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Mk1 ZT 190 - Mk2 ZS 180 - Mercedes E63 AMG S - Ford Ranger Hawk

I'll be heading to see another custom tuner... my bigger turbo is about to be fitted so my goal is 200hp and limited torque at 350.
I dont want all out power i need something good for towing so my aim for mainly midrange with some good top end if required.

I have the RS6 for quick 0-60's easily done in under 3 seconds with good traction.

I dont honestly care if the bottom end falls out, can get engines cheap enough.. just a technical exercise to see what these can do seems how most are too scared to try something different.
TomRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 11:33   #22
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
......And have to be TRADERS
Ken.
I'm sorry but I cannot see a difference between this and someone posting a link about a double din stereo being purchased from a non member .

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 12:39   #23
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I'm sorry but I cannot see a difference between this and someone posting a link about a double din stereo being purchased from a non member .
I was being facetious .....hence the 13 grinning little emoticons.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 14:31   #24
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakg View Post
Sorry to call you out on this, but with 170HP the best I can do is 9.6 seconds 0-60. The book time is 10.something, to get it down to 8.something would take a LOT of power.

I'm always interested in rolling road printouts if you have any?
He was getting 10.9 at best and managed 8.9 at best. I'll be getting before and after rolling road results and will do some 0-60 times on mine before and after. Best I got last time was 11 something on mine last time I tried.

Quote:
Hi rick! Im interested to go with you.
No worries Andrew, I'm just waiting for a date when he can fit us in and will post on here.

Quote:
I'll be heading to see another custom tuner... my bigger turbo is about to be fitted so my goal is 200hp and limited torque at 350.
I dont want all out power i need something good for towing so my aim for mainly midrange with some good top end if required.

I have the RS6 for quick 0-60's easily done in under 3 seconds with good traction.

I dont honestly care if the bottom end falls out, can get engines cheap enough.. just a technical exercise to see what these can do seems how most are too scared to try something different.
Look forward to hearing your results mate 200bhp would be lovely if the engine can handle it

Quote:
Or someone posting something they've spotted on ebay on here...

I'm hoping to get a date booked this month
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 14:55   #25
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I think anyone who gives one of our diesels a lot of power from standing start will quickly damage their cars...

Far better to work on 40-70 or 50-70 times.. innit....

As for trying to get low down torque for towing by the ton, just swap it for a vehicle designed for towing, most 4x4 will do...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 14:57   #26
mystabe
Posted a thing or two

Mazda 6

This thread is useless without dyno printouts

I'm not going to knock it though, it would be good if you could get a dyno printout of your dad's car with the 160map and yours afterwards on the same dyno..... although I known that's probably not going to happen. I don't actually want to go any faster myself, I just want to get to faster quicker (if you get that) and if I can I will spend some more money on the car in terms of brakes/suspension and bodywork etc because I like cars that idiots (polite word filter friendly etc ) don't want to race but if you're in the mood.....
mystabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 15:09   #27
Rick-sta
This is my second home

MG ZT 2.0 CDTI+ in Typhoon, MG TF 135 in Typhoon & Rover 75 Connoisseur CDTI SE in Pearl Black

Thanked 2,827 Times in 1,462 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystabe View Post
This thread is useless without dyno printouts

I'm not going to knock it though, it would be good if you could get a dyno printout of your dad's car with the 160map and yours afterwards on the same dyno..... although I known that's probably not going to happen. I don't actually want to go any faster myself, I just want to get to faster quicker (if you get that) and if I can I will spend some more money on the car in terms of brakes/suspension and bodywork etc because I like cars that idiots (polite word filter friendly etc ) don't want to race but if you're in the mood.....
Mine and my dad's wouldnt be a like for like comparison his being an auto and mine being a manual I'm going to get before and after readouts on mine if anyones interested, as mines currently running the 160 map.

Obviously this maps not for everyone, just those who want to get the most out of the engine as possible. The 160 map on my dad's is staying as it suits the car perfectly
How to restore cloudy projector headlights Link
Rick-sta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th June 2016, 16:47   #28
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I think anyone who gives one of our diesels a lot of power from standing start will quickly damage their cars...

Far better to work on 40-70 or 50-70 times.. innit....

As for trying to get low down torque for towing by the ton, just swap it for a vehicle designed for towing, most 4x4 will do...
I dont like 4x4's and i only tow a Alfa 155R race car that weighs bang on 1000kg's and sometimes cars for mates and my own if needs be.

For every other day-day i use the car to and from work Middlesbrough to Barrow in Furness.
There's no way i'd be having a giant 4x4 for that, my dad used to have a XC90 D5 that did a woeful 25-30mpg... no for me thanks i have the RS6 if i feel i need to burn as much fuel as possible in the shortest time, be lucky to get an average of around 15-17mpg.

The two CDTi's i have do 47-53mpg and i get around 35-40 when towing depending on roads obviously.

Plus i like the character of these cars they have soul something most things dont have!
I'm not one for following trends i'll do things different because i like trying to push the envelope on whatever i own.
Both my Accord and RS6 have plenty of bits that are just not available to the masses with a lot being custom one off's, my brake kit on the Audi is derived from a GTR with 410mm AP discs and 6 pot callipers and will likely never be on general sale.

Anyways, the turbo is off a 525TDs beemer and should flow easily enough to achieve 200hp as long as fueling isnt an issue but we'll see i'll provide graphs over the coming weeks when it happens.
Old 9th June 2016, 10:29   #29
MJx220
Avid contributor

ZT 131+ CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick-sta View Post
A member whos already had it done got 150bhp and 325 lb/ft torque on a rolling road. He was running the 160map with a synergy as well and the custom map was an improvement in terms of power.

Another member saw 2 seconds shaved off his 0-60 time whilst didn't see any improvement in 0-60 after the 160 map.

If you are looking for maximum power (at a safe limit the car can handle) then id go for the custom remap like i am, otherwise if you want the car to be more driveable and have the power it should have had out the factory then the 160 map is suited to you
That's what I wanna go for, the maximum safe power.
I'm hoping for 180 or at least alot more torque!
Old 9th June 2016, 12:20   #30
TomRS
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJx220 View Post
That's what I wanna go for, the maximum safe power.
I'm hoping for 180 or at least alot more torque!
Youll never get more than around 155/160 with the tiny turbo our cars have out the box.
I spoke to Chaz quite recently when i dropped some bits off and there just isnt the flow in the turbo's to make anything more then that without really compromising turbo life and economy.
For example, winding up the boost may get you 165 but it'll smoke like hell in the higher rev range as the turbo runs out of airflow to match the requested fuel measure.
Basically to keep things running smooth with as little smoke and to keep reliability you'll never make more than 155/160.
The 160 t4 remap seems to never make 160bhp one of my cars has this map and the other a synergy box, both cars are 100% even in a side by side race literally nothing in it.

the synergy feels more responsive due to using the pierburg maf and my other has a 115k mile bosh maf so not ideal.

New turbo will be on and i reckon we'll finally be able to crack 200hp