Undecided. 10 5.21%
Unicorns. Or maybe Penguins. 3 1.56%
Voters: 192. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 1st June 2016, 00:13   #31
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

I would rather be governed by almost anyone rather than the bunch of posh self serving liars we have lording it over us here in the UK.

In the UK we are still being ruled by the rich "landed gentry" innit.. And that makes/keeps us peasants innit....
Old 1st June 2016, 05:13   #32
The Rovering Member
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chipsceola View Post
the result is democratic and binding, we will abide by the majority vote
Very probably but the result is not binding. HM Gov't could choose to ignore it. They would decimate their election chances for a generation, but they could do it.

Old 1st June 2016, 06:00   #33
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by neilbaker86 View Post
Interesting result on here so far, I've been keeping an eye on the various polling companies over the last few weeks and it has ebbed and flowed in both directions, although our little poll here suggests they may be repeating the mistakes from the general election!
Interesting how tight the vote is. Neither side has more than a 5% lead in the last two years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
You make one or two assumptions, perhaps based on the tactics used by the UK government to secure a victory in the Scottish referendum.
The first is the assumption that if Scotland had won independence, we would have SNP government. Now why intelligent people would think that, is beyond me, but your certainly not alone. If Scotland was independent, why would there even be SNP party? And even if there was, there would no longer be a protest vote to support them. Certainly the might have survived for the immediate aftermath, but the standard Labour/Tory/Liberal etc. Would have soon taken over.
Then, for there to be a second Scotland vote, Scottish voters need to vote Remain, with the remainder of UK voting leave, and that's far from a forgone conclusion. No one has ever said what would happen were the voting pattern the other way round, and I can't quite imagine the SNP demanding a second referendum in order to take Scotland out of the EU.
I could go on about the Pound, whose pound is it?
And why would we have to seek admittance to the EU, because we are already in it.
But that is a completely separate issue.
Oops sorry forgot, but I'm OUT.
I guess the reason many think the SNP would get a majority is because they are seen as very popular here in England. Nearly all the MPs in Scotland are from the snp. That gets in the news.
I know it's different in the Scottish parliament, where they are the biggest party but not enough for a majority, but that sort of thing doesn't get in the news here.

As to the upcoming vote, I guess people go with the polls that show Scottish voters voting to remain in. Not many show them voting out. And equally England on its own shows a majority want to leave. So most people go with that scenario because it's the most likely.

http://www.qwghlm.co.uk/toys/dailymail/

Last edited by Dragrad; 1st June 2016 at 23:14.. Reason: Consecutive posts - use the edit or Multi-quote :-)
Old 1st June 2016, 06:15   #34
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I think we should follow Utd's lead and come out of europe
And who can we thank for that - a European big gob that thought he knew best. And then the cheeky get tried to take the applause for the great crop of youth that has come through. They would have come through anyway.
Aye that's it LVG - Come over here with your big idea's and then leave early with a big fat pay off, after you've damaged the businesses share price. Go on - do one
Oh, I feel better.
Old 1st June 2016, 06:36   #35
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

I am in!
Leaving would be a big mistake, you are protected now by the EU Human Rights Act....that alone should be a big plus for staying in. Present government wants to scrap that, don`t they???
Ken.
Old 1st June 2016, 07:23   #36
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
If we were not a member of the EU, would you vote to join it today? I think not. We won two world wars against the leading European countries, and now they are trying to rule us by stealth. We are the 5th largest economy in the world - a vote to stay in is a vote of no confidence in our beloved country!

We are a sovereign state with no power to make our own laws at present. Let's take control of our laws and our borders. We will prosper like we did before the EU.
Rule Britannia, and all that, I love it

Steve
Old 1st June 2016, 07:56   #37
maxi_crawf
Posted a thing or two

R75 Saloon Conn CDT SE, MG ZT190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
I would rather be governed by almost anyone rather than the bunch of posh self serving liars we have lording it over us here in the UK.

In the UK we are still being ruled by the rich "landed gentry" innit.. And that makes/keeps us peasants innit....
Then we vote and throw them out, you can't say that about the EU 'elections'

Sent from my SM-J500FN using Tapatalk
Old 1st June 2016, 08:33   #38
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Ok, this poll is a bit of fun, but it's showing the divide amongst the voters. I'm guessing the age of members voting on here is shall we say mature? I'm voting out, my daughter (32) wants to stay in. A lot of the young can only remember the time in, I can go back a little further, and so doing, make a comparison.
Old 1st June 2016, 10:05   #39
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I am in!
Leaving would be a big mistake, you are protected now by the EU Human Rights Act....that alone should be a big plus for staying in. Present government wants to scrap that, don`t they???
Ken.

Now here's the confusing bit, but the Human right Act has nothing to do With EU

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 1st June 2016, 10:09   #40
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I am in!
Ken.
I am in too, but only for the reason Ken has stated. If a different party were in charge, I would be out, as there are too many immigrants being allowed in to the country, we are struggling to cope with the housing demand for British people, so as Tony said earlier in the thread,where are we going to put them all?