Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Events and Meets
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 28th February 2022, 09:09   #141
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by starbug2 View Post
I'm sad this is not happening as was hoping to go . i will be going to POL but not sure with which group as the MG SUV REG are not doing a stand and i am taking my MGZS which is the only car which has not been to pol or had it photo taken at Q gate my 75 has been many times to POL as has the F . i hope soon we can start to en joy our cars as we did pre virus . . i will certainly look for 75s at POL
As the person coordinating the club at POL you are more than welcome to park with us, you are after all a member of the club. In fairness if my ZT isn't behaving then I may well be on our ZSEV lol
Old 28th February 2022, 11:05   #142
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
There will be a club stand at POL, I've started a thread and have been in contact with the POL organising committee.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...d.php?t=317038

Currently I believe that none of the green team are able to attend which is a shame

I will also be organising the Gretna meet in July/August.

It's a shame there isn't going to be a national meet but I agree awe need to have more. Anyone can organise a meet and if course you can invite who you like personally I love it like at East Kirby where there is a massive variety of cars to see

I get we can organise our own meets Simon, but having meets without a couple of nationals is like running the FA Cup without having the final!
Old 28th February 2022, 11:57   #143
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

I'm possibly wrong but was there some talk about running a National meet within this event https://www.roverfest.uk/
Old 28th February 2022, 12:23   #144
coolguy
Coolguy

Rover 75 CDT Tourer Auto, Rover 75 2.0 Connoisseur Auto, MG ZT 2.5 Auto and MG ZT Cdti Auto (Monogra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
I'm possibly wrong but was there some talk about running a National meet within this event https://www.roverfest.uk/
No, you are definitely correct, with Sunday being the "National" day. I shall attend anyway - only 10 miles away, and the airfield is beautifully maintained with a free Museum. According to their website, 18 75s/ZTs already booked in, but they may be carried over from 2020 and 2021 which were postponed.
Old 28th February 2022, 12:39   #145
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
I get we can organise our own meets Simon, but having meets without a couple of nationals is like running the FA Cup without having the final!
Very true
Old 28th February 2022, 13:29   #146
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ian G View Post
Yes. Here's what Reebs said earlier in this very thread:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
.......... Just to mark your cards the postponed 2nd Roverfest inter-Rover club grand event is still being planned across 'The Joint Rover Clubs' group of which we are member to take place over the weekend of 5th - 7th August at Sywell Aerodrome in Northamptonshire with our Club National taking place on the Sunday.

More info and to book, click here Roverfest 2022

No. 4 of 6
Old 3rd March 2022, 16:15   #147
starbug2
This is my second home

Silver Rover 75 Tourer Club SE CDTI + MGF 1.8 in BRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
As the person coordinating the club at POL you are more than welcome to park with us, you are after all a member of the club. In fairness if my ZT isn't behaving then I may well be on our ZSEV lol
well if you do come in the zs ill get to see it i will advise you closer the time but i intend to bring my zs to its first , my 75 has been to most of the ones ive done and will again ..

now with 2020 MG ZS 1Lt TURBO engine with automatic 6 speed gearbox to help keep the 75 and MG F going as long as possible
Old 15th March 2022, 17:02   #148
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reebs View Post
Just to mark your cards the postponed 2nd Roverfest inter-Rover club grand event is still being planned across 'The Joint Rover Clubs' group of which we are member to take place over the weekend of 5th - 7th August at Sywell Aerodrome in Northamptonshire with our Club National taking place on the Sunday.

More info and to book, click here Roverfest 2022
For anyone interested in attending Roverfest, I have just been informed that the location has now changed. The following was sent to me by the event organisers:

"The Roverfest Committee, has been informed by Sywell that they are now unable to meet our previously agreed expectations and have cancelled our booking. The Roverfest committee has been able to relocate the event and have been lucky in finding, at short notice, a suitable
venue, 15 miles from Sywell.

Roverfest 2022 will now take place at Church Farm, in the village of Weston Underwood, Buckinghamshire MK46 5JS for the whole weekend of the 5th to 7th August 2022. Plans are in progress to provide onsite catering to satisfy existing rally bookings. The alternative venue is larger than that offered at Sywell and can accommodate limited camping and caravanning.

Rally attendees, who are currently booked at the Aviator Hotel may receive a message cancelling their booking and incorrectly stating the
event has been cancelled."

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Closed Thread