Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd February 2020, 20:57   #1
RoverRobson
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Default Caledonian ZTT - Rare, unloved and quite expensive!

Now as much as I know this is rare, and how I like seeing the value of these things rise considerably, I can’t help but feel that this is way overpriced with something that hasn’t been touched in almost 6 years. How is the price justified?

A real shame because I reckon it would make a real gem of a motor again.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?m...2F114095208646

MG ZT-T SE Sports Auto 2.5 V6 180 Monogram Twilight - 1 of 1 Built

"The Purple One"
RoverRobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 21:02   #2
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Yet another rare monogram car??, overpriced and that colour is quite horrible.

I was looking at a Celestial Blue ZT in a scrapyard yesterday, and considering whether or not it was worth buying, and then came back to the reality that I'd rather not saddle myself with another.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2020, 22:05   #3
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Yet another rare monogram car??, ……..
Well, some of them are quite rare - mine is one of only 6 75 saloons in Lagoon .

Thing is though, rare really just means unpopular at time of production . Anyone could have ordered a monogram back in the day (funds permitting) .

I do get a strange kick out of owning a "rare" colour, but don't really see why that should necessarily be reflected in a higher value. Overall condition is surely more important than colour or other added features. Besides, if folk weren't too keen on the colour back in the day, I doubt they'll be much different today .

It's re-assuring to see higher prices for our cars being asked, but it's the price they actually sell for that's key. Hopefully they're on the "up", but I really have no idea .

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 07:03   #4
Mickyboy
SERVICING AND DEALER DIAGNOSTICS

MG ZT CDTI 135 + & MGZT CDTI AUTO 160 & ROVER 75 TOURER CDTI 160 TROPHY YELLOW

Thanked 2,414 Times in 1,141 Posts

“Old saying. There’s a buyer out there for every car.
That sure is true, I looked at a ignition blue MGZT last week that was 2005 registered, when I looked at the V5 logbook I found it had had 17 owners in 15 years, I didn’t buy it on the simple fact it had the most hideous aftermarket junk stuck on it known to man, in fact it looked like it had crashed into Halfords, possibly the worst modified car I had ever seen, five spoilers on the boot, two massive scoops on the front bonnet, vents drilled into the front wings tinted windows, window deflectors, flashing alarm systems added inside the vehicle, aftermarket wheels with stupid spacers, BMW badge added onto the engine cover, warning stickers that the government don’t like competition so you shouldn’t steal. Seat covers that said let’s go racing together, And best of all on the boot lid it had MG racing special edition, that was a home-made badge by all accounts, if I had seen the pictures first I wouldn’t of even bothered to view it, but a friend got the number and passed it on to me said it was worth viewing, we friends like that you don’t need enemies lol
Mick
Jobs done : new UBP, Spy hole mod, Rear hub(wheel bearing),plenum cleaned and emptied, Inline thermostat fitted,Full service, In car Digital tv/DVD Bluetooth Satnav etc, Replaced UBP, Restored headlights,Fixed airbag connection.replaced HP pump,replaced rear light seals,changed intercooler O rings.

Jobs to do: ,replace drivers lock,.
[/SIZE]
Mickyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 08:36   #5
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Yet another rare monogram car??, overpriced and that colour is quite horrible.

I was looking at a Celestial Blue ZT in a scrapyard yesterday, and considering whether or not it was worth buying, and then came back to the reality that I'd rather not saddle myself with another.

Brian
overpriced or perhaps our cars are just under valued

It doesn't look particularly purple to me, looks almost grey, but may be one of those colours that looks better in the flesh than in photos. Maidstone is not far from me so might drive past for a nosy.

If I was going for purple then I would have gone for Amaranth, like my 218 coupe I used to own. Beautiful colour.

I do like some of the monogram colours but I think I would always be worried about getting a panel knock or dent and then being faces with a very large bill for a respray.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:09   #6
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Shame that there are no proper photos or a proper description of the car. A bit like the Sunspot that was on on offer over the weekend. As already stated a car is only worth what someone will pay for it.

Only 4 ZTT’s produced. 1 180 and 3 190’s. So it it is a rare one.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 3rd February 2020 at 09:12.. Reason: Additional info
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:25   #7
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

Probably about right price wise from a dealer, the car I assume will come with a warranty. Factor in the possibility of belt change, replacing brake pipes, rear suspension arms and the handbrake etc if not already done then suddenly the dealer has lost money.....

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 09:40   #8
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Further to this. The car has been off of the road for almost 6 years. There is a article about it on Facebook.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:10   #9
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelvo View Post
………..I do like some of the monogram colours but I think I would always be worried about getting a panel knock or dent and then being faces with a very large bill for a respray.
Worth remembering that many (most?) of the monogram paints are no more expensive than standard colours, so repair costs are the same.

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd February 2020, 10:18   #10
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

This ones no 3, and would be more realistically priced if he halved the asking price.