Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th December 2019, 17:01   #1
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Default Maybe 2020 will be a better year

How'do Folks

I had a Good start to this Year - everyone in (relatively) Good Health - and I had managed to get my Car repairs done MOT pass and back on the road.

6 months ago my Mother was admitted to Hospital - it was touch and go as to whether my Mother would pull through - when her condition was stabilised developments led to a diagnosis of Cancer........

I initially stopped working to care for my Mother and my Father who doesn't get out of the House on his own.

upon my Mother's return Home it seemed i'd be able to get back to work as she was coping well and responding well to the various treatments she'd had - I had accepted an offer of a Handyman/Maintenance role within a Private Care Home, However I had to withdraw my availability for the position due to the further developments and subsequent Chemotherapy treatments related to my Mother's condition.

we also lost our Dog my Wee Pal Axl - dearly missed.

these last 6 months i've been without income and my Car has obviously not been my priority - I've been able to keep the Car insured/taxed and had the odd run now and then - MOT will be due in 1 week and i'm unable to fix the issues required for a Pass, so i'll be registering the Car on a SORN - the Car will be parked up at the end of the Street and we'll see what 2020 brings.

I do feel fortunate that i'm in a position (no kids/Mortgage etc..) to be able to
do what little it is that I can for my Mother at this time - she is the Strongest most Selfless person i've known.

My Mother is "Old School" so no self-pity just True-Grit - still Smiling, having a Laugh and, looking forward to a nice family day on the 25th

Paul.
Sheraton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2019, 17:08   #2
Yorkshire GOC
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 connoisseur se v6 auto

Will keep my fingers crossed for you.

The Silver Machine was the 13th of 160 Rover 75's to come off the production line that day and is the 100th of 527 Starlight Silver Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto saloons listed in the build records produced world wide.
Yorkshire GOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2019, 10:50   #3
Bogbrush82
I really should get out more.......

BMW X3 2.0D

Hope everything works out.

Give your mum my best. I know what she must be going through.

Last edited by Bogbrush82; 21st December 2019 at 16:51..
Bogbrush82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2019, 15:38   #4
admiralalcatraz
Avid contributor

2000 Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE/ 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary T 1.8T / 2005/55 Rover 75 Classic T

Hopefully things will get better in 2020. All the best.
admiralalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st December 2019, 23:53   #5
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

It is my 80th birthday today, and I have always believed in a saying my grandmother used to say:- while you are in darkness today, tomorrow the sun will be out. I wish your mother all the best for her return to the bright side. Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you and your family.
Old 22nd December 2019, 00:09   #6
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

I’m sorry for all your misfortune and believe me my partner has had more than her fair share of health problems and she too says it’s been a horrible year but I really don’t get why everyone expects the start of a new year to be any different. Time is a continuation of events and the start of a new year doesn’t bring any change. Much better to value every day you’re blessed with and reading between the lines you already do. Thinking of you and your family
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2019, 02:58   #7
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
It is my 80th birthday today, and I have always believed in a saying my grandmother used to say:- while you are in darkness today, tomorrow the sun will be out. I wish your mother all the best for her return to the bright side. Have a merry Christmas and a happy New Year to you and your family.

Many Happy Returns

Hope you had a Nice day

Paul.
Old 22nd December 2019, 03:51   #8
Sheraton
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 1.8t

Quote:
Originally Posted by Les4048 View Post
I’m sorry for all your misfortune and believe me my partner has had more than her fair share of health problems and she too says it’s been a horrible year but I really don’t get why everyone expects the start of a new year to be any different. Time is a continuation of events and the start of a new year doesn’t bring any change. Much better to value every day you’re blessed with and reading between the lines you already do. Thinking of you and your family

I suppose if we consider a New Year just in terms of a change of Date, or Numbers - then there is no significance - or reason to expect a change.

However - when we think in terms of reaching the Shortest Day (around now) after a few days the Sun will start to rise again (around the 25th) and the Days will be getting longer and the New Year begins - the extra Light each day has an Observable Affect/Influence on the Nature/Wildlife around us - So i do believe we can all look forward to the New Year at least bringing a "Change"

if that's a bit too ......whatever

we can use the "New Year" as a Marker - like a Start/Finish line for a Circuit Race - See if we can improve on a less than ideal Lap, or see if we can top our Best Lap even ....

My Best Wishes for All

and I hope we all get (at the least) a Decent Lap this next time round the Circuit.

Paul.
Old 22nd December 2019, 07:24   #9
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Your post #8 explains it very well Paul, and yes I can go with that. So now when my Carole says she hopes 2020 will be a better year I can now relate to that because of your explanation. Thank you Paul acf I hope 2020 will be a better one for you sir
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote