Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th November 2019, 18:49   #11
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Is there a social club on here, would add something provocative but too busy, unless Ian should have got banned from the caravan club, for war mongering counts.

Last edited by Devilish; 16th November 2019 at 18:52..
Devilish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 19:11   #12
Les4048
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer/ MG ZT-T 400

Thanked 1,523 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I was banned from a 75 Facebook group simply for sticking up for myself! An admin who was also a mechanic refused to believe a garage rang me asking me where the sump plug was on my 75. He openly called me a liar. I provided the garage name and told him to call them. Instead he carried on his taunts and eventually banned me! I complained and was offered to join again but never did. He's still there and I would be pounced on for any comment so what's the point!
I remember the first time I changed the oil on my V6 and I’d to Google where the flipping thing was as it’s not entirely obvious so I’m not surprised they checked Dawn. I’m appalled to read your comment about a Facebook group though as that should’ve never happened and I’d not be happy about what happened to you
Les4048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th November 2019, 19:37   #13
roverbarmy
This is my second home

Roverless + 1.7D Sportage

Thanked 2,021 Times in 1,449 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Jules View Post
Come to think of it where is the sump plug on a 75,

Rev.
It's next to the 13amp socket!
Old 16th November 2019, 22:14   #14
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

What’s a sump plug?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 13:58   #15
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Think you've got that confused with a prophylactic. Be very careful.
Old 17th November 2019, 17:20   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Devilish View Post
Is there a social club on here, would add something provocative but too busy, unless Ian should have got banned from the caravan club, for war mongering counts.
???

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th November 2019, 21:33   #17
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
on another forum a belong to I've been given a warning.
I had raised a thread no general chat section. I had seen the section title but had mistakenly thought the sub sections were the topics it covered.

I'm so naughty

macafee2

Here's my warning
You joined Caravan Talk in September 2012, and have submitted 1,271 posts on the forum, yet seven years later you still claim not to know about the existence of the "Social Club", an area of the forum where you can discuss topics not necessarily related to caravans! We find this extremely hard to understand, and believe that your thread entitled, "No general chat section" and the following provocative posts are a deliberate ploy to cause trouble for our administration and moderating team.
Appropriately therefore for the next week we will monitor your posts before allowing them to be published. Acceptable posts will be approved however unacceptable ones will be filtered out. We trust that this will give you time to reflect upon your actions. Remember that further provocative posts may well incur more restrictions in line with the terms of use for this forum, and with which you have agreed to abide. We advise you therefore to click on the "Guidelines" accessible from the white header bar and scroll down to the T&Cs section to familiarise yourself with the content.
Two warning points have been added to your profile for moderators and admins to see and you will need to acknowledge this formal warning before you are able to post again.
Admin
Hi Ian - in my experience Caravan Forums are infested with oddballs whose aim in life is to be offended. We caravanned for many years and loved it. But by heck some that we met were a rum lot and those that frequent the caravan forums are even odder.

I made the mistake once of saying I liked caravanning because we have dogs and they enjoy it too. The vitriol and spite that then erupted against dogs was amazing.

Later - after I posted that we had placed our caravan on a seasonal pitch (my MiL was ill and we cared for her so doing this suited our needs) - some “caravaners” on the forum were really quite nasty in their comments because from their limited viewpoint - as I no longer toured - I wasn’t “one of them”.

I quite forcibly agreed and told them to get a life - and guess what! - I received a message from a mod remarkably similar to the one you received Ian.

Some caravanners are a truly sad bunch....
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 08:00   #18
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Hi Ian - in my experience Caravan Forums are infested with oddballs whose aim in life is to be offended. We caravanned for many years and loved it. But by heck some that we met were a rum lot and those that frequent the caravan forums are even odder.

I made the mistake once of saying I liked caravanning because we have dogs and they enjoy it too. The vitriol and spite that then erupted against dogs was amazing.

Later - after I posted that we had placed our caravan on a seasonal pitch (my MiL was ill and we cared for her so doing this suited our needs) - some “caravaners” on the forum were really quite nasty in their comments because from their limited viewpoint - as I no longer toured - I wasn’t “one of them”.

I quite forcibly agreed and told them to get a life - and guess what! - I received a message from a mod remarkably similar to the one you received Ian.

Some caravanners are a truly sad bunch....
I'm an odd ball and sad... don't hold back

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th November 2019, 08:41   #19
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
I'm an odd ball and sad... don't hold back

macafee2
Ian, I would tell them to stick their moderation up their jacksie, quit that forum and join a more friendly relaxed caravan forum. The only caravan forum I frequent is ukcampsite.com. I only go on if I need information, don’t have time for any more social media platforms.
Old 18th November 2019, 09:09   #20
Odd Job
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 2.0 cdti

I feel for you, it's very annoying when you haven't done anything wrong and you get picked on. Because that is exactly what they've done.
I own a classic Mini,
I was a member of a well known classic Mini club, and I asked a couple of questions ref how to fit and if anyone had any problems with a competition engine mount which fits from the thermostat to the bulk head.
Any way, cut a long story short, I didn't get any advice, ( there is a problem with cheaply made Chinese versions of the unit, something we on here get trouble with on aftermarket parts )
- all I got was put-downs from one person about why he wouldn't fit the product full stop.

So, me being me, I stuck up for myself. I wasn't abusive, I didn't use any naughty words, I just voiced. " Many thanks for your opinion, but I think you will find the question was, has anyone else had issues and how did you get around the problems, Not, I'm thinking of fitting this, what do you think?

So, apparently, that was a terrible thing to say to someone who was the self proclaimed font of all knowledge and I got banned!

### MG STANDS FOR "MY GREMLIN" !!!
Odd Job is offline   Reply With Quote