Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 20th November 2023, 16:55   #1
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default MOT time again..

The car has been standing in the drive for over 8 weeks and but it's just now back on the road and I've got the engine management warning light 'on', can anyone confirm that an illuminated EML is not a fail criteria?
Likewise I now also find an intermittent O/S rear running light bulb warning (give the lens a mild bump with the palm and it's magically extinguished) plus a similar sometimes 'on'' air bag warning light issue that I can probably address - maybe it's just dampness.
I need to book a test, can I get away with just the EML 'fault'.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2023, 17:14   #2
Popcorn
Loves to post

55 cdti tourer slush box executive grill

https://bookmygarage.com/blog/engine...ight-mot-fail/
Would appear so
Popcorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th November 2023, 19:30   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Default Got lucky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Popcorn View Post
It's still a bit of a mystery, comes and goes! So when it last 'went' earlier this week I took a chance, booked a test for 48 hours hence (Friday, that's now yesterday lunchtime), kept her parked up meantime and then drove (very carefully, never over 50mph and revs. down below 2 500) the 10 or so miles to the test centre. Fortunately the EML remained 'off' and she passed OK with just a low rear brake pad advisory (tester admitted he couldn't see the pads very clearly so...?) then, feeling quite pleased, drove back home a little more robustly, sure enough the EML came back 'on' again; done a few local journey miles since and once again, this evening (Saturday) it's 'off' - again!
Got to get to the bottom of it somehow, any idea if a faulty vis unit triggers the EML? No-one around the area has a T4 so I guess I must bite the bullet, find a cheap MS Windows laptop and try using TOAF.
Old 26th November 2023, 08:36   #4
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

I've passed an MOT with a MIL on so the answer is yes and no! Depends on age of the car and fuel type. Checking on your car's profile I'd say yours would be a fail.

I'm sure one of the resident MOT testers can enlighten us with the details.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2023, 10:17   #5
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
I've passed an MOT with a MIL on so the answer is yes and no! Depends on age of the car and fuel type. Checking on your car's profile I'd say yours would be a fail.

I'm sure one of the resident MOT testers can enlighten us with the details.
Just pleased it behaved itself long enough to get through the MOT. On Sunday (yesterday) I did a 60+ mile journey on country A roads and a bit of the M6 and the EML did it's stuff within a few miles of starting off so I appear to have a mystery intermittent fault....if I put my foot down! Late summer just prior to parking her on the drive for what transpired to be about 12 weeks I'd replaced all the coils and plugs because I had a misfire (that's now gone).