Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 & ZT Gallery
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 5th August 2012, 19:57   #71
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

My son didn't quite make it today but the missus seems quite happy as she is in no hurry to get her car back on the road.
Obviously she's getting to like mine which is more worrying

Meanwhile at least it's back on its wheels and perhaps by the time I do get the paintwork done I will also have the new brake back plates which are imminent.

Here she is waiting patiently.

JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 14:06..
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th August 2012, 20:23   #72
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I've also been carrying out some remedial work on my V6.
Although my boot is bone dry after removing the tail lights on the diesel for the 2nd time I decided to check out the tail light seals on the V6.

Why are the tail light seals split as shown (ringed).

I can see no obvious reason for this and they are identical on both cars.
I have sealed this gap up with a dab of silicone and taped the gap together with a small strip of gaffer tape.

This shot shows just how much dirt gets into this area.

I also washed out the light units before fitting and I passed some bleach down the edge of the light unit adjacent to the black plastic trim at the boot opening.
This was to get rid of any bacteria which causes a green line to form down the edge of the light unit.
It worked a treat as they are now gleaming like new.

Now for some re-cycling work.

About a year ago we replaced our mattress on our bed but it was just too soft so it was getting thrown out and replaced with a proper orthopeadic one.
I cut the old mattress up and found some ideal insulation so I have lined the sides of the wheelarches right up into the rear pillars and also the spare wheel well, boot floor and boot lid.

Here are some shots.

The only point to look out for is not to block off the vents and allow a gap for the movement of the fuel filler locking mechanism.

The difference on the V6 is quite noticeable but I didn't have enough material to do the diesel wheel well and boot floor but I have some other material in mind for it.

JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 14:07..
Old 16th August 2012, 18:59   #73
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

My son managed to get some of the paintwork finished earlier this week.
It's only the front wings and bumper but at least it has allowed me get the car looking a bit better whilst sitting on the driveway.

I've still to polish up the new panels and will blend the rest of the car in to get rid of the numerous scratches, well some of them anyway.

Here's the newly painted wing against the bonnet which has still to be sprayed as it has a lot of stone chips on it.

I am pleased with the results but I am still awaiting delivery of the brake back plates from China and have put off re fitting the wheel arch liners until I have the back plates.
Hope to have it MOT,d and back on the road for September.

JYJ

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 14:08..
Old 16th August 2012, 19:27   #74
thomas 75 connie
This is my second home

Rover 75 launch car x2, Rover 800 Vitesse

Thanked 1,083 Times in 653 Posts

Very nice cars you have there. Its nice to see a whole set of Rovers in the family rather than just 1 with a euro box aswell.

Great work you have done there your skills have made me quite jealous
thomas 75 connie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th August 2012, 21:30   #75
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Many thanks for your comments, my son has pleaded with me ; Dad no more work on cars he says.

But I've still to finish my little Vanden Plas 1300 which has been in my garage for over 20 years.

JYJ
Old 17th August 2012, 10:17   #76
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

This is a shot of my Vanden Plas 1300 as it stands today.

As you see Zed the Ted was checking it over after I re sprayed the front end.
That was last August and I have done nothing since.
I've owned the car for well over 25 years and it still has only around 35k since new. I did a restoration on it just after I got it, then it was put off the road when the torque covertor gave up the ghost. It has since been replaced and the wee car is still like new underneath with no rust on the subframes as they had already been given the "Jimmy" treatment by myself.
Hopefully soon I will get the rest of the panels re sprayed to bring her back up to standard.

JYJ

Just realised I don't seem to have posted a photo of my twin exhaust conversion on the V6 so here it is.

Last edited by Jim Jamieson; 16th January 2018 at 14:09..
Old 21st August 2012, 18:25   #77
Brabus
This is my second home

01 75 tourer cdt,1973 Rover 3500S,,1974 Rover 3500 Auto,1998 216 SE Coupe, 1968 Morris Minor 1000

Twin pipes look great.The Vaden will be a lovely we car when shes done.
I wonder where Zed is now
121st 75 Tourer to be made
15th 75 Tourer CDT Club SE to be made
36th 75 Tourer in Zircon Silver Metallic to be made

Membership No 903

I was one of the 541
Brabus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd August 2012, 22:15   #78
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

With the "demands" my missus is giving me I doubt if i'll ever get the the Princess finished.

For some therapy from the decorating I gave her car a good rub down with a medium polishing compound using my sons polisher.
I used advanced G3 and was amazed with results. There were scratches all over it with two rather nasty ones on each side but not any more as with just a few minutes on each panel they came up like new.

My son gave me the usual warning "not too heavy dad" so I heeded his advice so I think that annoying scratch on my V6 will soon be history as well.

If that wasn't enough with the outside now looking swell I decided to strip out the interior and power wash the carpet.

As usual when I got it out (about two hours work) it was soaking. It's amazing just how they seem to be dry but soaking underneath. I reckon its from the tail lights which I knew about and with our cars facing downhill in the driveway the water just runs forward.

Anyway the car is now on test for further water ingress and it will probably be about a week before the carpets nice and dry so in the meantime I'm in the process of arranging for one of "Arctics" handbrake mods to be delivered.

My long awaited brake back plates are now in the country but seem to have got held up at customs so I do hope they arrive soon before I start stripping any more bits off the car

JYJ
Old 23rd August 2012, 06:46   #79
richardwjackson
Posted a thing or two

Mercedes A-Class A180 CDI ECO

I want that SD1 Vitesse
richardwjackson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th August 2012, 12:56   #80
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

Quote:
Originally Posted by richardwjackson View Post
I want that SD1 Vitesse
Eyes off it, I got it first
The Vitesse was my second SD1 after having an ex demonstrator 2.0 O series model. It was fine and even towed our caravan but the Vitesse was IMO the best tow car on the road with plenty of torque, I once rounded a round-a-bout in 5th gear with the van hitched on and it moved away with ease.

On the 75 I've just checked it after several days of torrential rain and it's bone dry so I'm off to get the carpet back in while the Missus is out to lunch with friends.

JYJ