Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 14th May 2019, 20:37   #11
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

On a positive note a major employment announcment from the company i work for today ...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-48269171

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 14th May 2019, 22:26   #12
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue View Post
On a positive note a major employment announcment from the company i work for today ...

that's good news for the employees, and I hope the management style continues. I always got the impression that Richer Sounds had a family run feel to it. Having worked in corporate and family run retail business, I know which one is best, for both employees and customers. I really hope it stays that way. (In the past 6 months we have had 6 TVs amongst the family from them)

The Belfast one due to parking restrictions will even pay for parking nearby - it is little things like that, that give the feel good factor.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
Old 14th May 2019, 22:50   #13
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Quote:
The Belfast one due to parking restrictions will even pay for parking nearby - it is little things like that, that give the feel good factor.

All the stores do that if they don't have their own parking. We also Give out free umbrellas if it's raining, hand warmers if you have to queue outside in the winter sales and stuff like that

Oh and we actually try to be honest with our customers too Makes it easier to work in sales!

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Old 14th May 2019, 23:01   #14
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:

Oh and we actually try to be honest with our customers too Makes it easier to work in sales!
that it does. Owning a problem too is another must. If you mess up, hold your hands up, and say how you intend to resolve an issue is another way. It shocks people too so they dont go off on one.

One of my colleagues sold a weighted telescope to a woman for her 8 year old to open from Santa. She just took it home and wrapped it up, only for her daughter to find an empty box with two weights inside, 'is Santa' having a joke with me?'

I was in charge (was not a manager) on Boxing Day when she returned to store. The mother was livid understandably, but also concerned that we would not believe her. I knew where it was, because our records showed none left, but we still had one on display for the previous three days - which we knew had to be 'out there'. What can you say to that? Hold your hands up, 'we messed up, I am sorry' refunded and given the telescope was all I could do (along with the refunded receipt stating 'Santa Claus - deliver to ***** street' on it ). Area manager was not pleased, but it was our mistake and they went out with a thank you and a smile.

Old 14th May 2019, 23:14   #15
Rogue

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

We are told when we first start with the company that you won't ever get into trouble for trying to help a customer

Old 15th May 2019, 08:08   #16
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Hmmm spinning incomparable data figures is a superb benefit to being part of the eu.........

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Old 15th May 2019, 09:30   #17
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:

So the company’s London Bridge shop was the first to open in 1978, and has for more than two decades held the Guinness world record for most sales per square foot of any retail outlet, now that's impressive.

So the preparation of the trust is to make sure his wife doesn't have to oversee the process, what a wonderful man. He seems to think he will die early like his father, taking into account he cycles around London and reckons he could die unexpectedly, I do hope not.
Old 15th May 2019, 09:49   #18
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

I still think it is wrong to be sucked into the hype. For like 'project fear' it is hype. The simple fact that more people (at least publiscised -which in itself could be an issue as far as figures go) rely on food banks, is enough to suggest that on paper the economy may indeed be better but the population is not (the figures simply cannot prove this for the reasons stated before).

To put it into a car analogy, my car on a rolling road states it produces 195 bhp, whereas your identical in every way, produces only 145. Why? Different rolling road, different software, operator, etc etc.

Old 15th May 2019, 13:41   #19
wraymond
I will find or make a way

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

CLF.

Oh, I see! Even the facts are lies now!

How far back should we go? WW1, WW2, Civil War, 1066? Alternatively, choose any period or era that comes to mind, there is no real comparison to make because each new era brings its own standing social conditions together with its challenges.

The best and most accurate measure of comparative growth/prosperity is to compare a country’s performance with others of a similar kind, both legal and political, and proximity that trades under similar conditions. Now, where would we find one like that? Like Europe for instance! Go on, try that!

EU unemployment overall (including UK lowest since you-know-when) as at 1/3/2019 - 7.8% (from 8.6% in 2018). Take UK low figure out of the ‘28’ because it weights the answer and their figure, which is the nearest fair comparison to UK, becomes around 8.5%. Then, you look at youth unemployment on its own in Europe. It is frightening.

I take your point, things for many of the least well off have changed in a big way but they always have and always will. Until the revolution, that is.

Last edited by wraymond; 15th May 2019 at 13:49..
Old 15th May 2019, 14:24   #20
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
CLF.

Oh, I see! Even the facts are lies now!

How far back should we go? WW1, WW2, Civil War, 1066? Alternatively, choose any period or era that comes to mind, there is no real comparison to make because each new era brings its own standing social conditions together with its challenges.

The best and most accurate measure of comparative growth/prosperity is to compare a country’s performance with others of a similar kind, both legal and political, and proximity that trades under similar conditions. Now, where would we find one like that? Like Europe for instance! Go on, try that!

EU unemployment overall (including UK lowest since you-know-when) as at 1/3/2019 - 7.8% (from 8.6% in 2018). Take UK low figure out of the ‘28’ because it weights the answer and their figure, which is the nearest fair comparison to UK, becomes around 8.5%. Then, you look at youth unemployment on its own in Europe. It is frightening.

I take your point, things for many of the least well off have changed in a big way but they always have and always will. Until the revolution, that is.
If you believe them to be lies then you can, I neither said they were nor believe them to be. I did say the figures were not comparable to be able to make a claim of lowest unemployment figures. They are measured differently.

Last edited by clf; 15th May 2019 at 14:42..
Closed Thread