Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 30th May 2007, 09:21   #31
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gryphon View Post
Turns out this is the same company i was about to do an order with Carsparkle this morning and noticed he is only a few miles away so jumped in the 75 and away i went.

The owner has just moved into his new premises this weekend and is just sorting things out. Seem a nice guy who knows what he is talking about. Even though he was very busy he took time to talk to me for about 20 mins.

He showed me some photo's of some before and after shots he had personally done himself (These can be seen on his web site) the difference was amazing check out the Renault Megane in the gallery http://www.cleanyourcar.co.uk/gallery/info_12.html

So now it's going to cost me a few bob for lambswool mitts P21S Carlack 68 systematic care Posh car wash oh and a couple of new microfibre cloths.

Wont be done for 2-3 weeks but when it is i will put some before and after pic's on here.
Tim is a sound guy, always happy to help.
empsburna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th May 2007, 09:24   #32
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-Cut View Post
What's the difference between these coatings/sealants and the acrylic laquer that's already on the paintwork? Why should these be used before waxing? Is it to polyfilla over the micro-scratches?

TC
Stolen from Dave KG from detailing world - much better explaination than I could give!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave KG - Detailing World
Sealents deliver very clear, very sharp reflections on a car - amlost mirror like and many people really like that style of finish in which case a sealent is for them. For me though the finish isn't natrual looking, its far too "bling", far too articfical, like its trying too hard. And for me, some seaelnts are sorely lacking in any gloss or warmth and the others struggle to give that highly pleasing warm carnuaba glow. The finish is in my eyes a bit like a shiny dashboard, unnatural and not to my tastes... I also personally find (again, I stress I haven't yet used Zaino) that the durability claims of sealents are a bit of a myth - yes they last quite well, better than some boutique waxes like Pinnacle, but many for me fall way short of the durable waxes like Collinite and Zymol -the exceptions being Klasse AIO, Autoglym EGP and 1Z Glanz Wax.

Waxes on the other hand deliver a finish which *I* personally prefer - deep, glossy, wet and warm looking. The finish is natural, and for want of a better word, classy. Putting a sealent below waxes for me delivers little benefit, espeically with more duable waxes like Zymol. And the finish from a wax just has so much more for me - subtle nuances, incredible depth of glass and warmth. And many waxes will be durable as well - Collinite and Zymol will deliver 4 months.
Old 30th May 2007, 09:26   #33
empsburna
Gets stuck in

Other Manufacturer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave***t View Post
Just one more thing before this thread slips away - EGP.

I've been using Autoglym EGP for a while, thinking of it as a sealant because that's the way it was recommended to me - EGP to seal, followed by a coat of a pure wax such as P21S to finish.

But this thread got me thinking, and so I had a closer look at the back of the bottle and it says its active ingredients are waxes, so is putting a wax over the top of it a bit redundant?
Not really, a wax will give some depth to the paint - with a dark car it will give a nice wet finish.

EGP is best suited to be put on after Super Resin Polish - and then topped off with a wax of choice.