Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th April 2012, 10:57   #1
Desertedbeach
Regular poster

Rover 75 V6 Connie, launch spec.

Default Everyday use of a 75 - who does this?

Hi guys n gals

School problems mean I may have to use my car for daily school driving instead of the intermittent use that I bought it for.

Not that concerned... Mildly concerned i guess. It's going to be **** for petrol as it is a V6 and it's a fifteen/twenty minute journey there and back on country roads. But I'm accepting that. I just want my kids to be happy.

I would be interested to see how many of you use their 75's for daily commuting etc and how reliable the cars have been. Particularly in bad weather - country roads in snow anyone?
Desertedbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 11:03   #2
gaz7560
Loves to post

Ford Mondeo Ghia X 2.0 TDCi

Use mine every day, very good in snow when auto box switched to snow mode. I have covered 25,000 miles in 28 months with no breakdowns although I keep it fairly well maintained.
gaz7560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 11:17   #3
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

I have always used my 75's for daily commuting and the new one will be no different.

I remember before Xmas being sent home from work as Glasgow was on a red alert for wind. As I drove home I remember thinking 'what wind?' as things were being blown all around me! Couldn't feel a thing in the 75.

Snow, just like any other car, take your time and you'll be fine. The worst thing will be the fuel economy but a 15 min journey shouldn't be too bad. I have nose to tail traffic in the morning to contend with
Old 19th April 2012, 11:17   #4
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

I use mine daily, on a normal working day i cover about 80 miles
And on days off im always away, Scotland, Wales ect
Around town im getting 37ish mpg and motorways 44ish mpg
She has never let me down except for the odd couple of bulbs

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Slowly adding pre project bits and bobs
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 11:19   #5
GJBridge
Gets stuck in

75 Contemp SE Tourer CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Desertedbeach View Post
Hi guys n gals

School problems mean I may have to use my car for daily school driving instead of the intermittent use that I bought it for.

Not that concerned... Mildly concerned i guess. It's going to be **** for petrol as it is a V6 and it's a fifteen/twenty minute journey there and back on country roads. But I'm accepting that. I just want my kids to be happy.

I would be interested to see how many of you use their 75's for daily commuting etc and how reliable the cars have been. Particularly in bad weather - country roads in snow anyone?
I drive around rural Wiltshire 6 days out of 7; very short journeys; long cross country ones.
It handles like a dream, muddy roads etc no problem. Being front drive it'll be as good as anything in snow.
Old 19th April 2012, 11:26   #6
Leyland Worldmaster
This is my second home

Audi A2 1.4TDI

Thanked 1,622 Times in 1,057 Posts

Well after nearly two years and 30,000 miles, I've got no complaints! Front dampers at 90,000 miles and routine servicing! And excellent in the snow too!

🏓
Leyland Worldmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 12:10   #7
beinet1
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.0 V6 Auto

Use my R75 daily and some days on longer trips than other. I have covered 25000 miles in a year and have had no problems except for a FFS that I was just waiting for . I had the orange clip in my glove compartment instead of on the fuel pump......
Only routine servicing and maintenance done. Wear parts replaced long before break down - thats the key to reliability.
Its a 1.8 petrol
beinet1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 12:16   #8
Terrorfex
Gets stuck in

Kia

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooterchick View Post
I have always used my 75's for daily commuting and the new one will be no different.

I remember before Xmas being sent home from work as Glasgow was on a red alert for wind. As I drove home I remember thinking 'what wind?' as things were being blown all around me! Couldn't feel a thing in the 75.

Snow, just like any other car, take your time and you'll be fine. The worst thing will be the fuel economy but a 15 min journey shouldn't be too bad. I have nose to tail traffic in the morning to contend with
Weird you should say that - I don't know about anyone else, but I find the 75 very sensitive to side winds. I've been fair buffeted by wind blowing across the vast openness of the A90 up north.

A cursory glance in the 75 owners' manual has a warning about side winds relative to the vehicle too.
Terrorfex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 12:26   #9
Desertedbeach
Regular poster

Rover 75 V6 Connie, launch spec.

Great, this is very encouraging.

I don't want to do a daily school run drive really - prefer to walk. But my boy is unhappy in his (supposedly outstanding) school and is getting picked on without the teachers really caring. He's only eight. Seriously considering moving to a smaller, quite unusual village school six miles away... (they follow the national curriculum but interpret it in their own rather creative way)

Still haven't got used to the size of the 75 though! It feels HUGE. I also don't seem to be able to drive fast on little roads. I cruise along and then realise I'm pootling like a Sunday driver! fine for the town but I was seriously annoying people on back roads yesterday...
Desertedbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th April 2012, 12:39   #10
rover54
Retired

rover 75 v6 Auto Conn. SE 54 plate LPG and 2006 Rover 75 v6 Auto LPG , 1.8 r75 Manual

Worth considering converting it to LPG, you can then run your nice v6 for nearly the price of the diesel version, and you still have the same horsepower of the v6.
rover54 is offline   Reply With Quote