Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Closed Thread

Old 15th April 2012, 20:09   #21
paras659
Avid contributor

mg zt+ 177

the conversation in the traffic car should be recorded i was a class A drug tester for the police and our cars were all recorded complainto his inspector or email the chief superintendent the way he spoke to you isnt lawful andwouldnt happen with a solicitor present did you get his collar number or car reg or number all police vehicles are tracked so even using your position its traceable to find his identity typical traffic cop thinks he s god but then goes back to the station to gloat about what speed he did in a 30 zone not using blues and two s
Old 15th April 2012, 20:10   #22
cargocar
Gets stuck in

rover 75 tourer auto 2001

Its the Insurance Co thats at fault - the Police attitude enforces the need for Insurance which the Ins companies benefit £ from. No insurance only becomes a real crime when an accident happens.
Old 15th April 2012, 20:16   #23
Fusilier
Moderator / RS North East

MG ZT T 180,MGF Freestyle, Jaguar XKR Convertible and XF

Thanked 2,231 Times in 1,309 Posts

Philip

I would be speaking to the insurance company, most probably somebody has failed to do there job at the company, which is not unusable these days, pay peanuts get monkeys !!!

Stu
Old 15th April 2012, 20:17   #24
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I'll be speaking with Aviva first thing as they obviously have failed to update whatever.

My point is not being stopped fair enough if it showed I was uninsured they need to check, what is getting me is the fact that the one officer had signed and sealed my fate without even attempting to make further checks and bully and intimidated to basically rile me I guess, but knowing it was paid I remained calm and relaxed.

They had total disregard that there were elderly people with me

Is it any wonder people dont respect them if they behave in such a manner.

Get the facts first then take action not put me on trial in the back of a car.

As a side my car insurance was renewed Jan 2012 so been driving around 3 months like this

Last edited by Parker; 15th April 2012 at 20:21..
Old 15th April 2012, 20:24   #25
eurorover
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Put a complint in and ask them under freedoim of information ton release the tape of the conversation all traffic cars are fitted with voice recorders for court
Old 15th April 2012, 20:26   #26
baggie9
Posted a thing or two

Jaguar s Type

Just checked mine,it's not on.Put my private plate on my new motor on saturday,after the new mot and tax change with the private plate come on friday.Phoned the insurance saturday morning.My insurance is up on tuesday,swoping from direct line back to saga.
Old 15th April 2012, 20:30   #27
Dorset Bob
Senior Citizen

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur SE,Chrysler 300C,124 Spider, Daytona 955i,Honda XL250 & Royal Enfield 650GT

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,686 Posts

Sorry about what happened to you Parker.

Any database in not 100% perfect, so surely the Police should have an approach of “We have reason to believe that you are not insured” rather than the approach that was adopted?
As your insurance was renewed in January, I bet a penny to a pound that whoever keyed the information in keyed the wrong year. I am thinking of all the cheques that are written in January with the previous year on!! Or, if not, Aviva failed to update it.
With various databases, it must happen quite regularly. My last Rover 75 failed an HPI check because someone had keyed a 6 rather than a 3 (next to each other on a number pad) and added 30,000 miles on the NMR. Rubbish in = Rubbish out

I am just off to check my insurance on the database now

Let the good times roll............

Last edited by Dorset Bob; 15th April 2012 at 21:03.. Reason: Spelling
Old 15th April 2012, 20:31   #28
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Quote:
Originally Posted by eurorover View Post
Put a complint in and ask them under freedoim of information ton release the tape of the conversation all traffic cars are fitted with voice recorders for court
I think I might just do that, luckily the whole conversation with Aviva also was over the speaker phone so the entire thing will be recorded.

Dont get me wrong if I wasn't showing insurance they are right to pull me over I have no complaint here, it was the trial and conviction without establishing the facts in the back of a car for over 30 minutes I object to. And the officer grilling me was visibly crest fallen when the all clear came through

Old 15th April 2012, 20:35   #29
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

About 3 years ago a wpc on what can only be described as a power trip had my car towed away at my cost (£120) dumped my passengers on the road side and arrested me for 7 hours.
I was totally insured and legal, to this day i have had no apology and no compensation. I did recieve a letter from the station inspector which basically said the wpc was carrying out her duty

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Slowly adding pre project bits and bobs
Old 15th April 2012, 20:35   #30
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Welcome to the Midlands Phil !

This must happen a few times not just once so the Police should maybe use a bit more common sense at times and this could have had serious consequences for you and your passengers, I would complain too the attitude was appalling

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Closed Thread