Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th April 2012, 14:55   #1
Mobeetie
Loves to post

MG ZT 260 SE V8 & Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur

Thumbs down Autoglass

I had a new screen fitted today and sadly the car is showing some scars from it's battle :

The interior was left in a state, rubber cube things left in the footwell and loads of rubber/plastic shavings all over the dash top, steering wheel, A pillar, seats and then the damage shown below, thats all I can see at the moment, what else could there be thats hidden by trim panels

Mobeetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 14:59   #2
nick nick
Retired

R75 CDTI SE ( N80 UTD )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobeetie View Post
I had a new screen fitted today and sadly the car is showing some scars from it's battle :

The interior was left in a state, rubber cube things left in the footwell and loads of rubber/plastic shavings all over the dash top, steering wheel, A pillar, seats and then the damage shown below, thats all I can see at the moment, what else could there be thats hidden by trim panels

Disgraceful ...Have you taken it up with Auto Glass yet
nick nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 15:01   #3
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Thats terrible. I had mine replaced 3 weeks ago and the guy covered the front body work with mats and masking tape so as to prevent any scratches ect. After the window was put in he then hoovered and polished the cabin leaving no trace of splintered glass ect

I would take more pictures as evidence and put in a complaint, that is very unproffesional and looks like the job of some one in a rush home

Edit* just to add it was Auto Windscreens that did my job

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Slowly adding pre project bits and bobs
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 15:01   #4
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

report the damage to autoglass mike, they are meant to know what there doing which your pics obvs show they dont
cabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 15:03   #5
Mobeetie
Loves to post

It's shockingly poor work, yep they've got an email with a very good description and these photos, no doubt they'll try to say there's no proof it was due to the fitter though.
Old 6th April 2012, 15:12   #6
vitesse-chris
Gets stuck in

Megane RS F1 R26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mobeetie View Post
It's shockingly poor work, yep they've got an email with a very good description and these photos, no doubt they'll try to say there's no proof it was due to the fitter though.
I've got a claim going on with the very same company, they damaged the paint work on my bonnet, they do a damage report before hand, if it's not on that, they don't have a leg to stand on!
vitesse-chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 15:17   #7
Mobeetie
Loves to post

I've just realised he had me sign the damage report after he'd done all the work, strange as last time it was before, just didn't think of it this time. In the rough area of the big crack he's made a large star on the report which i reckon now is gonna be used as the crack but I know completely it wasn't there before, as it is really visible
Old 6th April 2012, 15:43   #8
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Not a single piece of trim fits flush,or even straight and the breakage of the scuttle panel..It's a mess,I wouldn't have signed anything except a complaints form.

I have reservations about this company after seeing some of their previous work on vehicles,I posted the fact up on here a few months ago.I eventually settled for the chip repaired instead of replacement.

Was it done at the Depot. or at the roadside?
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 15:45   #9
wesley
Loves to post

75 saloon

i had a 220 coope a few years back and autoglass replaced the passenger side window after it was vandelised.

next day the window just shattered to bits for no reason and covered the wife with bits of glass. the car wasn't even moving at the time.

had a right old fuss with them but in the end they paid for a rover dealer to do the job properly. ill never use them again.
wesley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2012, 15:53   #10
Mobeetie
Loves to post

I've noticed even more since, a terrible glue job of the lower seal which i don't remember being glued last time, if it was then it was certainly hidden, not left like this:

And then this looking across the windscreen to where the chrome clips in, theres not supposed to be a gap like this surely, yet more shoddy work.

The replacement was done at home and i wasn't expecting any damage so didn't pay full attention to that and just checked that the screen itself wasn't damaged. But he must have rules that are to have the damage sheet signed before the work begins and he never did that.

It seems that this happens all too often then, sad really that they have such a lack of care