Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 4th April 2012, 15:42   #11
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
There is a country by country fuel cost comparison web site somewheres about a few years ago. I was checking fuel prices for driving somewhere quite exotic and found fuel was then got much cheaper the deeper you went into eastern europe.

Cheers Harry i'll do a search for it

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Slowly adding pre project bits and bobs
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2012, 19:29   #12
Mikejr
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer Auto Connie SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon View Post
Thanks Ash, im ordering 2 hi vis jackets, triangle, spare bulbs, GB stickers and light deflectors
Hi Tony, don't forget that from January this year, when traveling through France, you also need to have a breathalyser in the car. Would think, though not sure, that you can probably buy them at the port of exit.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Mikejr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 18:29   #13
Canon
Gets stuck in

75 Connie Auto CDTi SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikejr View Post
Hi Tony, don't forget that from January this year, when traveling through France, you also need to have a breathalyser in the car. Would think, though not sure, that you can probably buy them at the port of exit.

Cheers for that Mike, that is something i would never have thought of taking

Tbh hearing all the stuff the french fine you for speed cams on satnavs, no hi vis vest ect, i think the quicker i get out of france the better, hope i dont get done for speeding

Mods done:
Towbar - EGR replaced with SS straight pipe - Synergy 2 - Aircon resistor replaced with JMA
- Walnut and Leather Steering Wheel - Walnut Hand Brake and Walnut Auto Gear Stick - Walnut Dash - Sean's DD Unit with DVBT - 2.0 CDT Torpedos - Boot Badge and mk1 Chrome Plinth - D Pillars - Union Alloys - X-Power Upgrade
Slowly adding pre project bits and bobs
Canon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2012, 20:02   #14
Number 6
This is my second home

Rover 75 tourer Club CD/Limo Tints

Thanked 1,609 Times in 869 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canon View Post
Cheers for that Mike, that is something i would never have thought of taking

Tbh hearing all the stuff the french fine you for speed cams on satnavs, no hi vis vest ect, i think the quicker i get out of france the better, hope i dont get done for speeding

Dont worry about the speed cameras there arnt that many and they are well advertised,but like elsewere if you stick to the speed limits you wont get pulledRegarding self analysing breathalisers (sorry cant spell)you should carry two one to test your self if you have been drinking and one to show the gendarmes should they stop you.

also you need a hi-vis coat for each person in the car and keep them inside the car not in the boot so if required you can put them on before you get OUT of the car.

Have a nice trip

"I started out with nothing, and Ive still got most of it left!"
Number 6 is offline   Reply With Quote