Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd January 2024, 07:03   #41
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3disco View Post
Hi Bob,rather late to this thread sorry to hear your tales of woe but it sounds like hopefully you are over the worst and the newyear is kinder to you so stop lazing about and get out to some shows!
Oh! How I miss driving Banana. Already missed one show.

But we did attend 37 shows in 2023. So hopefully I can catch up soon.

233,625. That’s meet no.4 done.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd January 2024, 19:57   #42
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Had a better day today. Virtually back to my old self. The stomach bug, fora better word for it, had drained me. But got my appetite back and drinking more water.

Looking forward to my hospital visit tomorrow as I’m quite confident they will get me into a full plaster cast.

Still getting “stabbed” twice a day. Still have enough injections for another 7 days.

onen hag oll
Old 3rd January 2024, 20:39   #43
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Had a better day today. Virtually back to my old self. The stomach bug, fora better word for it, had drained me. But got my appetite back and drinking more water.

Looking forward to my hospital visit tomorrow as I’m quite confident they will get me into a full plaster cast.

Still getting “stabbed” twice a day. Still have enough injections for another 7 days.
Hopeful for tomorrow Bob.

As to injections, there's always a point!
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2024, 17:58   #44
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

The good news is I don’t have to have an operation on the ankle. So I’m now in a bright red cast. Going to be like that for another 3 weeks. I can put a bit of pressure on the ankle but not my full weight. The hospital has also supplied me with a very nice slipper to wear so that I don’t scuff the plaster.

Still having to have the twice daily injections. Which Karen is still happy to do, thank goodness.

My neighbours are totally amazing, they are still popping to help me out. Hopefully the physio will start soon enabling to get up and down the stairs.
I’m happy with the outcome.

onen hag oll
Old 4th January 2024, 20:18   #45
Raven Black
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 saloon

Default Good news

Indeed Bob, things looking up, be out of the cast ready for the spring car shows.
Happy New Year.
Cheers,
Old 4th January 2024, 20:39   #46
planenut
Regional Secretary

Rover 1.8T Tourer

Thanked 2,036 Times in 1,264 Posts

Well that is good news Bob but be careful not to overdo it.
planenut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2024, 23:37   #47
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Glad it was good news Bob,speedy recovery.

VVC-Geeza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th January 2024, 08:56   #48
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

You are doing well Bob after such a rough time. Thank you for the updates…..

The key to your recovery is physio, doing the prescribed exercises and being patient, it is all achievable. Sorry you are missing Banana, being reunited is something to look forward to.

After Jessica broke her hip and got back on her feet again, I bought her Clark’s no laces non-slip shoes as we didn’t need her slipping up again, a thought.

Take care
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th January 2024, 08:24   #49
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Gradually getting my independence back. Able to do more now that I can stand with both feet on the floor. I was able to do an all over wash, barring the left leg below the knee, this morning as can now stand. Even managed to wash my hair properly.
And I slept solid for 8 hours last night, straight through without getting out for a wee.

My neighbour Kelsey brought me yesterday’s dinner, she had made a spag bol with enough for me. And it was bloomin’ ‘ansum. My appetite is gradually getting better.
Karen is still “stabbing” me twice a day, but when she does it there is no bruising unlike the district nurses who left my stomach looking very bruised.

Talking of bruises, found another one this morning on the underside of my arm above the elbow. Still have bruises below the elbow and around the wrist, all on the left side.
Gerry is coming over to collect their microwave this morning, it’s only been used once by Val to heat up my Xmas dinner.
Plus Gerry will start up both cars, I love hearing Banana start up.

Marion came in yesterday and brought me some reading material plus a puzzle book. We had a long chat as I find her life story so interesting. Along with her late husband they traveled the world but often visiting the less know places. They loved seeking out the unusual places of worship.

The New Life lady came in, Janet, she is always smiling and when I asked why she said that whatever day you are having seeing me smiling will always brighten up your day.
She changed the sheets and quilt cover on the bed, put the dirty washing in the machine. I’ll change my PJ’s in the morning then the machine can go on.

She made me a cuppa and tightened up the Velcro on my hospital slipper. I just cannot do the last bit of the strap up tight enough. Then she does the least elegant job of the day, emptying the loo. And once done she was to visit her next patient.

Allen was the next to arrive with my shopping, he had walked round from his place to mine. He walks as much as he can since his heart attack over two years ago. He took 3 more club calendars to get them posted, only 5 left now.

And today the sun is shining, I’m writing this sitting in the sun, but indoors. I’m not that adventurous to go outside, anyway I’m banned from going out on my own. Marion has already said that I’ll get a smack on bare legs, not sure whether I might enjoy that or not, if I step outside without a responsible adult with me.

Thanks for reading.

onen hag oll
Old 8th January 2024, 07:02   #50
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

A bit of a set back yesterday. Wasn’t feeling very well, there is a sickness and diarrhoea bug doing the rounds at the moment. I did feel sick, but also felt blooming cold. I changed from shorts and put jogging bottoms on, to keep my legs warm. I also felt very tired.

Karen came over to “stab” me and she suggested that I went back to bed, where at least I would be warm. She made my bed up and after she left I changed back into my PJ’s and got back into bed. Slept for about 3 hours till my stomach informed me that I needed the loo. From the bed to the loo it is six hops, but when you need to go it’s amazing how quickly I can get there.

And that’s where I was when the lady, Gail, from New Life arrived. Everyone that comes to see me are told knock on the door before coming in, in case I’m on the loo. She comes in via the front door, one of the few that have mastered the door lock. There is an inner door and she knocked, I shouted out I was on the loo and she replied, “ No.1 or 2?” I replied, “No.2”. She said ok and she came in. I had pulled my trousers up to hide my bits. I know that they are used to seeing, or either helping people to the loo but I still found it very embarrassing.

She just said that I should carry on as usual and just take my time. I explained that I hadn’t felt very well earlier and that I had gone back to bed hence why I had my PJ’s on. She made a note of it and said she would get one of the district nurses in to check me over. Gail made me a cuppa and done the washing up whilst I got the paperwork done and back into bed. She took the pot upstairs and emptied the contents down the loo. They are very thorough in the cleaning of the pot. Plus they use anti bacterial stuff on the loo itself. All parts of the loo are completely cleaned, she even changes her apron and gloves to carry out the task.

Then before she left she made sure I was comfortable, and rearranged the support for my leg. Told me to stay in bed till the nurse came unless of course I needed the loo again.
So that’s where I stayed till the district nurse arrived. She asked me how I felt. I said tired and cold, although the heating was on. Temperature was up, pulse rate was up, blood pressure was taken three times and was all over the place, oxygen levels were ok and blood sugars were low. So she gave me a sugary substance that they carry. Checked the blood pressure again which had started to stabilise and the blood sugars were on target.

She suggested that I ate a couple of the sweet apples, just to keep the sugar levels up. She asked me when was the last time I had eaten, and that was at breakfast time. Cereals and juice, I don’t drink any form of milk. So now I must go back to eating little but often. I stopped that a long time ago as I was eating more during the day and not eating my main meal as I felt too full.

So now back on the diabetes program of watching what I eat. Now back to keeping a proper diary on what I eat and when. Plus how regular the No.2’s are. Got to cut down on the coffee and tea which I drink black with no sugar.
District nurses will be back to check on me on a regular basis, but not daily.

I got out of bed when she left and moved around a bit so as to keep my good leg active along with the rest of my body.
Karen was back for my evening injection and she read me the riot act. It would appear that as the nurse left Karen came home from work. And the nurse told her most of what had happened.

I’m looking forward to getting my legs slapped.
Feeling ok this morning, getting back into the routine is going to be hard, but I must do it for my own good.

Catch up soon.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 8th January 2024 at 07:05..