Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > S525 OVP The Club Car
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 21st November 2013, 11:37   #11
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

It needs more than painting. There are a few mishaped metal parts and corrosion to deal with. The site security stripes were trimmed with a stanley blade down to the metal in more than one place.
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 20:00   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lates View Post
It needs more than painting. There are a few mishaped metal parts and corrosion to deal with. The site security stripes were trimmed with a stanley blade down to the metal in more than one place.
Thanks for updates Andy, Lates and Richard as it all helps in building up a picture about the car.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 22:28   #13
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

i supplied loads and loads of parts for the car i had a long list that was needed for it i gave Christopher everything on the list apart from a few bits that i did not have. redfive even dropped them down to reebs. i agreed to do the paint work and never heard back.
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 23:11   #14
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

To be honest, the whole thing is a little embarrassing and should never have been started in the first place, it makes the club look a little silly to new (and old) members and could do with this thread deleting tbh.
Not a go at any one, as life gets in the way Sometimes.
Old 21st November 2013, 23:35   #15
AGAs
Regular poster

ZT

Who are you to say the thread needs deleting? It was started because having read all the background I wanted to know what the state of play was! Tha nks to various replies we all have a better idea now. The thread doesn't need deleting, the car needs finishing - which would be really nice to see.
AGAs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st November 2013, 23:55   #16
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Every time I see the letters OVP on this site now I think 'Only Vague Progress' or 'Over Valued Project'. Shame really because a lot of members have given their time end effort to this car
Old 22nd November 2013, 00:06   #17
seancar
Banned

75 tourer and t4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
Every time I see the letters OVP on this site now I think 'Only Vague Progress' or 'Over Valued Project'. Shame really because a lot of members have given their time end effort to this car
jay its not worth worrying about now springs to mind now.its a shame
seancar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 08:13   #18
Mark2000cc
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGAs View Post
Who are you to say the thread needs deleting? It was started because having read all the background I wanted to know what the state of play was! Tha nks to various replies we all have a better idea now. The thread doesn't need deleting, the car needs finishing - which would be really nice to see.
I'm no one to say the thread should be deleted, and I know it won't be, I'm just pointing out that it's a little embarrassing for the club... The car will never be finished by the way so this thread will run and run forever, going round in circles.
Old 22nd November 2013, 12:28   #19
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

I concur with the views generally held by other members, it was a good idea in the beginning and many people helped to get it started, but in my view its now down to the person who actually owns the car to decide as to and when or if anything else happens, after all isnt this how the rest of us have to cope with our own cars needs, and yes we are often luccky enough to get help either with parts or knowledge from the many kind members on here who help out because they want to help keep our cars on the road. To the unsung modest and not so modest 'angels' out there
Thank You
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2013, 22:38   #20
TR75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

In my mind there was nothing ever holding this project back...There have been members flocking in their droves to help out; in parts, labour and assistance with even moving the car from place to place.

If the owner really wanted to have the car in showroom condition, it probably could have been achieved by now time and time again with all the support. Even if the issue was money - this could have been publicised and maybe even a fundraiser held but I don't think the club suffers from financial issues.

I think the biggest factor has been time - my impression is the Owner has a very hectic career which leaves little time for him to arrange/negotiate restoration of OVP. Something we all juggle with across our busy lives, but actually there are plenty of people at the moment that would love nothing else but to offer their help in such a worthwhile project for the benefit of the club, knowing they've given something back.

What would have been the sensible thing to do was arrange for someone else to oversee the project - back to my first point about how many have offered their support. I think unless this happens, OVP will remain in the condition she is currently in which unfortunately is likely to be the condition she enters the scrapyard in, in a couple of years time