Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 2nd January 2020, 20:41   #11
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobSun View Post
Read a recent online road test on the ZS EV this week and it was given a fair review but criticised for being about 5 years behind everybody else's designs when compared to new products. They criticised build quality over competition and battery life, saying 168 mile life generally expected by the manufacturers claims was reduced to 110 miles in their testing in winter conditions so considerably limiting its use. The did conclude however that it was reasonable value for money.

At the moment I'm happy to carry on with my Volvo daily driver but looking to the future electric looks on the cards. An electric vehicle would be totally acceptable for my daily usage but what about when I go to see my kids in the west country. Getting there could be a real pain, and recently down there I only found one charging point in use in a supermarket. A friend has a mate with a Nissan Leaf who lives about 60 miles away. He visited a couple of weeks ago and couldn't make the round trip without having to stop for 40 mins on the way back to recharge. That cars spec says it should have done it without a charge but it couldn't. Winter temps reducing mileage? who knows. Its this real world actual figures that puts me off. Maybe a PHEV would be the answer for me.

I get what you mean about this MG ZS ev, It has great spec for the price tag but isn't without it's foibles, As Ceedy said the NCAP 5* rating is excellent and beats more expensive models out there.
It gets really good reviews & I like it a lot.

The BEV manufacturers just cant make a cheap mass market BEV at present hence all the expensive high end models you see, they're aiming for those buyers to maximise profits until the price of the battery pack comes down.

Next year will see a plethora of new models from VW & PSA to name but a few, but the way things are going with the government putting the emphasis with the Paris climate accord onto local authorities Hybrids aren't even going to cut it in the next 5 years.

The UK is so far behind in their emission commitments that they're going to vilify anything that isn't pure BEV within the next 5 years.
My lowly Kia Niro hybrid with 95g/Km rating wont cut it in the new world order

France was taken to the European court last year by Clientearth lawyers & lost their case for failing their Paris accord commitments and now all new vehicles from the 1st of January 2020 that are over 185g/Km will get a €20k pollution tax slapped on them, Go Google it. https://www.electrive.com/2019/12/19...ubsidy-system/

Any vehicle that falls under 20g/Km (basically all BEV's) will get a €6k subsidy, The reason I'm putting France up in this thread is that the UK is next up in the European court for failing it's Paris accord commitments and the UK's record at present is worse than France and the UK is going to have to wield the big stick too.

If you're in the market for a new car please make sure you do your research because all local authorities will be implementing some form of CAZ/ULEZ soon and parking place levies as in the case of Bristol & just recently Greater Manchester you will be find it hard to drive into city centres limits in the not too distant future.
I read a ton of this stuff & it's going to be a "Dr Beeching" style of cuts that they did with steam locomotives all over again. This has nothing to do whether we're in the EU or not, It's the UK's Paris accord commitments.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto

Last edited by Lancpudn; 2nd January 2020 at 21:28.. Reason: typos
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2020, 19:29   #12
ProfDave
This is my second home

ZTT, Contemp Saloon, Duotone Tourer

I have a Nissan Leaf which is great and very similar in range etc to the ZS. The ZS is brilliantly equipped and much cheaper and has an impressive NCAP result so is a really good option for an EV for most people (a year or so back a 44kwh battery and 160 miles range would have been stellar and even now its common)

The seven year warranty is also excellent for people interested in this

It is a lovely drive too; the upper spec car in particular with the panoramic roof is awesome

OK its not the quality of some of the other offerings but it is almost half the price of many and those ones also do not have warranty of this length (or in some cases any kind of boot !
ProfDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2020, 21:53   #13
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Had a test drive today in a ZS EV. Wow, it was brilliant, miles ahead of our ZS. Made my 190 seem so sluggish
If things go to plan we will definitely purchase one
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st October 2020, 22:18   #14
guru
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

We're still loving our ZS EV, performance is very good and there's loads of free charging out there. We just managed to drive just over 520 miles for just £4.05!

Old 1st November 2020, 06:30   #15
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
We're still loving our ZS EV, performance is very good and there's loads of free charging out there. We just managed to drive just over 520 miles for just £4.05!

That looks stunning, both of them
Old 1st November 2020, 12:12   #16
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

I've just booked a test drive tomorrow morning at MG Wigan before everywhere is locked down or whatever restrictions are going to be for car dealerships .

Old 2nd November 2020, 13:14   #17
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Been to Wigan for the test drive & what a lovely car it is , The quietness is a revelation & the KERS regenerative braking is very good and easy to get used to one pedal driving. Much more room in this ZS EV that the Kia Niro hybrid & the seating/driving position is a lot better for me too.
Signed on the dotted line for the Excite model in Dynamic red for delivery for next January.

Old 2nd November 2020, 13:48   #18
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Enjoy, it's a lovely vehicle
Old 2nd November 2020, 14:54   #19
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
Enjoy, it's a lovely vehicle

Cheers Simondi, They are a very smooth quiet drive & as you say is very quick off the mark too. A few people online said the ride was a little bit harsh but I found it to be really good, The Niro is a harsh ride compared to this.

Old 2nd November 2020, 22:47   #20
Tam
Posted a thing or two

05 ZT+, 04 ZT+, 64 P6 2.0, 74 P6 V8s, 75 P6 V8, 92 214Si, 04 25 Td, 02 Defend , 05 ZR 105+ x2

This guy just had his delivered a couple of weeks ago. You've probably seen some of his videos on youtube.

Thread from a different forum, ignore name its not all that bad.

https://autoshite.com/topic/42158-ki...-and-mg-zs-ev/