Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 12th September 2019, 08:09   #1
mgb66
Regular poster

MG-ZTT

Default Replacement for Navall Star Head Unit

I bought my ZT-T last year which was fitted with a Navall head unit and initially I was very pleased to have what seemed to be a system that seemed to be relatively up to date (certainly more modern than the radio fitted to the 1991 Mercedes 300E the ZT-T replaced!). Indeed the reversing camera (unfortunately intermittent and out of focus), forward facing camera, DAB aerial and USB extension socket in the glovebox but no DAB dongle, steering wheel controls and subwoofer plug in the rear suggested that a previous owner had been keen to have all the features of a modern ICE system.
However despite the many features of these units which would seem very good value for the money, the lack of a manual (hard to believe) or any direct support (I presume Radioguy was the person to go to previously?) leading to endless, and mainly fruitless, hours of internet and forum research suggest to me that getting to grips with these units is most probably a waste of time. Certainly there's a lot of frustration out there...
Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative, current units that offer similar functions that will not be a nightmare to install?
I would stick with the Navall but would like to possibly use Android Auto which would seem to require Android 5.0 or above rather than the 4.4.0 that the Navall I have seems to be running.
Any positive suggestions would be gratefully received!
mgb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th September 2019, 18:16   #2
Sjonnie
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Manual Starlight Silver

It's simples Get an xTrons unit. Jubbs has a few options you might like (www.androidice.co.uk). It is a plug and play replacement for your NavAll providing that one has been fitted according to the specs.

Sjonnie

Rover 75 2.5 Manual MK2 MY 05 Starlight Silver - Miss March 2022 / Miss May 2023
MG F 1.8i MK2 MY 00 in Anthracite

MG ZT-T 190+ MK2 MY 05 Xpower Grey (sold) - Mr Cover page 2021
Dearly missed: ꝉ ꝉ MG ZT 190+ MK2 MY 04 in Black Olive #8/8 R.I.P. - Miss February 2016

Quote:
If it don't fit use a hammer
Sjonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th September 2019, 11:03   #3
mgb66
Regular poster

MG-ZTT

Sjonnie,
Thanks for your suggestion, Xtrons seem to have a range of units.
I've tried phoning androidICE a number of times and sent a message but no luck so far. I've not given up hope yet though!
Peter
Old 17th September 2019, 11:13   #4
stevestrat
This is my second home

ZT260 #243 (resting)

Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts

You can also contact him through here. He was online earlier today. https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/member.php?u=22232 then click on "Contact Info".

T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 13:01   #5
mgb66
Regular poster

MG-ZTT

Thanks, Steve and for the info. Julian has just replied to my email. Apparently their tel. no. has changed.
Peter