Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd June 2013, 19:42   #1
drewesq
Posted a thing or two

75 Tourer Auto

Default Another Question!!

How do I get the air filter cover off, I have removed the 3 allen bolts that I can see and have read there is 2 more at the back but I can't see them!

Also, are the rear light consoles supposed to have rubber seals? I don't get how they're supposed to be water tight?! :S
drewesq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:46   #2
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Moved to technical help forum.

I take it yours is a diesel?

the rear light lenses should have rubber seals which you will see if you take the light unit out.
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:48   #3
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

get a torch they are there i promise you.as for seals the tourer does not have them.make sure the grommets are in place.if you have water in your boot.there are numerous places in can get in .but the rear lights is not one of them
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:56   #4
Thomas
This is my second home

MG6 1.8T GT SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by suffolk boy View Post
get a torch they are there i promise you.as for seals the tourer does not have them.make sure the grommets are in place.if you have water in your boot.there are numerous places in can get in .but the rear lights is not one of them
Should really read the part that says tourer first...........
Old 23rd June 2013, 19:59   #5
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewesq View Post
How do I get the air filter cover off, I have removed the 3 allen bolts that I can see and have read there is 2 more at the back but I can't see them!

Also, are the rear light consoles supposed to have rubber seals? I don't get how they're supposed to be water tight?! :S
Been busy today aint ya dude? Yes they are there somewhere, you may even find a post or even better, a pic somewhere on here. You will need a long series allen key for the rear ones, may even have to put a lever on the end if they are tight. The good news is that they are 'captive screws' so you shouldn't lose them.
Heddy.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd June 2013, 20:08   #6
drewesq
Posted a thing or two

75 Tourer Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddycdt View Post
Been busy today aint ya dude? Yes they are there somewhere, you may even find a post or even better, a pic somewhere on here. You will need a long series allen key for the rear ones, may even have to put a lever on the end if they are tight. The good news is that they are 'captive screws' so you shouldn't lose them.
Heddy.
Been very busy today, fixed the rear parking sensors, realised I do have one touch up and down. Managed to clean up the rear fogs so the bulb failure warning doesn't come up. Also secured the rear seat which was loose and came away as soon as I lifted it. Fixed some loose trim, put the cam sensor in the freezer when warm to diagnose fault. Found receipt that shows previous owner had fuel tank pump has been replaced. Disconnected the EGR braded pipe and ordered a few bits on the bay....

Also went to Holden forest with the mrs, her dad and 2 hounds! And fixed a mates printer! Phew!
drewesq is offline   Reply With Quote