Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
I'll join in by banging my drum again:

Choices (should) have consequences.

If someone "choses" to live wherever IMHO they automatically chose to abide by all the laws of wherever they live. If I choose to go and like on Klingon then I automatically chose to abide by their laws.

Now, if someone chosees to break any of those laws by, say, drinking and driving, then they get what's coming.

As for some consideration because they are of another nationality I have a very simple solution.

Any conviction for any criminal offence is deportation and seizure of all assets by HM Govt. Never to be allowed to come back or have any financial or other interests here.

Choices and consequences........

And, of course, foreign nationals cannot receive any benefits whatsoever until they have paid a significant sum of money into our system.

I'm perfectly happy for them to receive a benefit that is exactly the same as one available in their country to UK nationals. Not a similar benefit, one that is exactly the same. A true reciprocal arrangement.

Maybe there should be an EU or even Global benefit system?

And don't get me started on the recent Polish slave bosses pathetic sentencing....

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...g-smashed.html

Andy.
What is damning about the reports on this Polish Slave gang is that they had people meeting the victims as they arrived in the U.K. to facilitate the opening of Bank Accounts, Registering for Benefits and obtaining NI numbers.

Not only is the ability of such a gang to do this for so many years deeply worrying - and nobody within the “system” identified what was going on - but that it took a Charity “Hope for Justice” to investigate what was going on!

But for Hope for Justice the abuse of the individuals AND the U.K. welfare system would still be happening today under the noses of the “Authorities”.
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote