Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th December 2014, 11:55   #1
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

Default Dangerous stupidity 2

following on from my post earlier this week. I was in the local town this morning and I could see police ambulance and fire engine racing to a patch of grass opposite the main town, but couldn't quite see why
heres your answer

http://www.expressandstar.com/news/2...en-windscreen/
Old 19th December 2014, 18:13   #2
barney bear
This is my second home

rover 75 Connoiseur diesel called Rosey

Thanked 2,001 Times in 1,424 Posts

What an absolute tool. Who in there right mind would just drive off without clearing the windscreen!!
Old 19th December 2014, 18:32   #3
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by barney bear View Post
What an absolute tool. Who in there right mind would just drive off without clearing the windscreen!!
loads of people. they cant be bothered to wait. if it really was due to screen not being clear I wonder what the insurance companies position will be
macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 08:12   #4
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

he hit a parked van before hitting the tree, this though would be an unfair news report the guy driving the car is a friend of a friend, we didn't have a frost round here yesterday the night before I was driving home from my daughters party at 9pm and it was 13 degrees, I drove into town that morning and I didn't need to touch my screen as it had been mild the night before, check the car in the pic not a sign of frozen screen......no doubt he drives like a nutter or something went wrong for him to hit a parked van and a tree but the frozen screen report is false so much so I believe hes taking legal action
Old 20th December 2014, 08:41   #5
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

ROBBIE G, Let me get this right ,the guy is taking legal action because the frost part was false?. So either he lied to the police about why he crashed into a van and a tree. The police disclosed this info to the press and yet didn't have the brain cells to know it was a lie because as you pointed out it wasn't frosty.
Which is it and who will he sue? As mentioned previously the guy is obviously a tool!!. I don't know that area Robbie but from the picture it looks like a residential area as I can see houses, so it should be 30MPH max speed?. Whoever brought up the frosty screen story did the guy a favour as this would explain (to a degree) why he couldn't see what he hit, where as to hit both the tree and the van with no obvious visual impediment means he was going too quick!!!. Good luck with whom ever he's trying to sue as he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Oh and the council will have their ten penny worth by claiming that the tree is damaged and is a possibly a risk to the public so needs to be cut down, bla,bla,bla. What a world we live in!!!!!. Anyway Happy Christmas
Regards DaDragon
dadragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 08:55   #6
Mr Bone
Gets stuck in

75 Cdt. VW Touareg V6 Tdi. Galaxy 1.9Tdi (x2). R1200GS

30 yrs ago, shortly after we had parted, the first Mrs B hit a builder's skip doing the same thing. She also managed to push said skip into the builder's pick up, and walked away unmarked.

She used my Golf GTI to do that.
Old 20th December 2014, 09:19   #7
Alan_G
Posted a thing or two

MG3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROBBIE G View Post
he hit a parked van before hitting the tree, this though would be an unfair news report the guy driving the car is a friend of a friend, we didn't have a frost round here yesterday the night before I was driving home from my daughters party at 9pm and it was 13 degrees, I drove into town that morning and I didn't need to touch my screen as it had been mild the night before, check the car in the pic not a sign of frozen screen......no doubt he drives like a nutter or something went wrong for him to hit a parked van and a tree but the frozen screen report is false so much so I believe hes taking legal action
You don't need a frost to get misty windscreen though.
Alan_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2014, 09:22   #8
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadragon View Post
ROBBIE G, Let me get this right ,the guy is taking legal action because the frost part was false?. So either he lied to the police about why he crashed into a van and a tree. The police disclosed this info to the press and yet didn't have the brain cells to know it was a lie because as you pointed out it wasn't frosty.
Which is it and who will he sue? As mentioned previously the guy is obviously a tool!!. I don't know that area Robbie but from the picture it looks like a residential area as I can see houses, so it should be 30MPH max speed?. Whoever brought up the frosty screen story did the guy a favour as this would explain (to a degree) why he couldn't see what he hit, where as to hit both the tree and the van with no obvious visual impediment means he was going too quick!!!. Good luck with whom ever he's trying to sue as he hasn't got a leg to stand on. Oh and the council will have their ten penny worth by claiming that the tree is damaged and is a possibly a risk to the public so needs to be cut down, bla,bla,bla. What a world we live in!!!!!. Anyway Happy Christmas
Regards DaDragon
I don't know the lad personally but from what I can gather from facebook he was an accident waiting to happen, well at least he will be off the road for Christmas it happened a few hundred yards from the main town centre on a slip road off the main Birmingham road, I saw this happen Friday morning as I was in town but had no idea why it had happened......I suppose the real reason is still unknown only the driver will know but eitherway he must have been at minimum driving without due care
Old 20th December 2014, 09:32   #9
ROBBIE G
Posted a thing or two

75 saloon 1.8 classic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan_G View Post
You don't need a frost to get misty windscreen though.
After hitting the van hes gone on a further 30yds to hit the tree so im guessing at some speed be good to hear the truth when it comes out eitherway it don't look good for him.
Old 20th December 2014, 09:43   #10
dadragon
Gets stuck in

Jaguar 3 litre sport. (Lee) Rover 75 Connoisseur T4'd (Roger) Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Gaynor)

ROBBIE G, " minimum driving without due care" Yep minimum, like you say good job he's off the road for a while and that nobody else was hurt. By the way is your car MBB Starlight Silver?. I have a CDTI Auto in the same, I never thought I would like a 75 in silver but I am in Love with mine!!
Regards DaDragon
dadragon is offline   Reply With Quote