Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th January 2016, 12:48   #1
p0kerstud
Regular poster

MG ZT

Smile Advice on highline to iso harness/adapter

Hey all.

Its been 2yrs since the passing of my ZT and I'm finally back in the gang having picked up my new 75 right here on the forum (special shout out to Shadomobile - an absolute gent!).

After a month of head scratching I have not been able to turn on the freeview so ive decided to fit my old android tablet which worked a treat last time (posted on here a few years back)

Unfortunately, I am having a bit of trouble with the replacing the highline head unit (white and blue 12 pin plugs with the little pull down lever on top) with my harmony head unit (square iso plug).

I have had the whole centre console out and found the backup iso tucked behind the ashtray but its too tight and i cant budge it so......

anyone have any advice where I can get either a highline to iso adapter, a female to male iso extension that will give me the extra foot of length I need or any other suggestions to get this done?.

Happy motoring
p0kerstud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 12:57   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by p0kerstud View Post
Hey all.

Its been 2yrs since the passing of my ZT and I'm finally back in the gang having picked up my new 75 right here on the forum (special shout out to Shadomobile - an absolute gent!).

After a month of head scratching I have not been able to turn on the freeview so ive decided to fit my old android tablet which worked a treat last time (posted on here a few years back)

Unfortunately, I am having a bit of trouble with the replacing the highline head unit (white and blue 12 pin plugs with the little pull down lever on top) with my harmony head unit (square iso plug).

I have had the whole centre console out and found the backup iso tucked behind the ashtray but its too tight and i cant budge it so......

anyone have any advice where I can get either a highline to iso adapter, a female to male iso extension that will give me the extra foot of length I need or any other suggestions to get this done?.

Happy motoring
It will budge, you just need to be a bit agressive with it
If not any motor factors such as Halfords etc should have a male to female ISO lead .
If you don't want to pay their prices they are readily available off eBay etc
Old 19th January 2016, 17:38   #3
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

Quote:
I am having a bit of trouble with the replacing the highline head unit (white and blue 12 pin plugs with the little pull down lever on top) with my harmony head unit (square iso plug).
The square Harmony connector is a BMW connector, the ISO connectors are 2 x 8 pin.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th January 2016, 18:14   #4
p0kerstud
Regular poster

MG ZT

Ahhh thanks guys.. That explains it. I have looked dozens of times before I posted on the forum but after jeff's reply I renewed my effort. After going through all 2861 items on ebay all I could find was the black and brown 8 pin type

Its the bmw type I need which has one large square plug with round pins...

When I look for the bmw type all I can find are ones with all kinds of extra plugs attacked for hands free sets or ones that convert from the bmw type to the black and brown iso type.

can someone suggest a part number or suitable type OR plan b... im thinking get a bmw to brown black iso and another harness to convert the brown and black iso back to bmw..?...?. Anyone know whether this will work
Old 21st January 2016, 06:56   #5
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Ahhh thanks guys.. That explains it. I have looked dozens of times before I posted on the forum but after jeff's reply I renewed my effort. After going through all 2861 items on ebay all I could find was the black and brown 8 pin type

Its the bmw type I need which has one large square plug with round pins...

When I look for the bmw type all I can find are ones with all kinds of extra plugs attacked for hands free sets or ones that convert from the bmw type to the black and brown iso type.

can someone suggest a part number or suitable type OR plan b... im thinking get a bmw to brown black iso and another harness to convert the brown and black iso back to bmw..?...?. Anyone know whether this will work
We have them in stock at our shop .
If you want to send me a PM I can sort this out for you
Old 21st January 2016, 10:02   #6
p0kerstud
Regular poster

MG ZT

Thaks Jeff but I ended up buying the 2 harnesses on ebay.

its a bit of a pain converting it to the Rover 2 plug type and back to the one bmw plug just for an extra foot of length but was getting desperate.

I'll see whether these work when they arrive and drop you a message if needed.

thanks again for the help. ��
Old 21st January 2016, 10:30   #7
coolcat
This is my second home

Quote:
Thaks Jeff but I ended up buying the 2 harnesses on ebay.

its a bit of a pain converting it to the Rover 2 plug type and back to the one bmw plug just for an extra foot of length but was getting desperate.

I'll see whether these work when they arrive and drop you a message if needed.

thanks again for the help. ��
No problem,

Hope it is all sorted for you