Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2009, 22:17   #1
Starman
Posted a thing or two

03 CDTi Tourer Conn SE auto

Default Dension Gateway 100 Ipod adaptor fitted to high line

Hi guys. Fitted the above today and I shall post some pics of the display and mounting when I get that far..

At first it seems an easy job... Pull out head unit ATC and ashtray assembly, plug in harness to 17 pin bmw plug and CD cable into the CD changer loom... OH NO..wait a bit.. The CD bits have the same fitting..both female!!

After spending a few hours over the course of the day on to tech help.. I decided the only way was to hard wire them together.. Four wires for the speakers as it happens!

Hey presto it works and sounds really good. Also I must say its very fast! Quicker than the changer was..

At £144 delivered its not that cheap.. But its a boon to have..

I need to update the firmware to turn on CD text. Once I've done that and seated my Nano 4g I shall post it up..

Small neat and easy once you know you have to tap in to the old CD loom... Which left their tech guy baffled.. But fair play they responded almost instantly to my emails today..

Gotta wait now till tomorrow for some more ELO

Last edited by Starman; 3rd July 2009 at 22:19.. Reason: spilleng!!
Starman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2009, 22:57   #2
Reebs
Owners Club Director

Rover 75 Conn SE V6 / MG ZT 260 SE V8 / MG ZT 180 SE V6

Thanked 6,851 Times in 2,537 Posts

Steve, I can't wait to see how this compares to the Intravee unit I have. Roll on the piccies and a review of its features.

Paul.
Reebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th July 2009, 18:46   #3
Departed
Retired

--

I too will wait for a report. I was trying to figure out whether to use my connects 2 ipod adapter, or connects 2 sony adapter for a CD. One car was going to get each. But if the Dension gives better functionality, like CD text, maybe it's worthwhile.
Departed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th July 2009, 00:21   #4
Starman
Posted a thing or two

Guys I really wouldn't go for one of these!
Unless I am doing something VERY wrong this unit seems no good for the high line!!

After all the firmware upgrades, the text (only one line I might add) turns itself off after touching almost any control on the head unit... after first corrupting the display and often shutting the screeen down!!
it sounds good, but if you want text from your ipod, this is not the way to go..'

I got it from ipodcarkitdirect.com and although helpful and offer a 30 day money back g'tee they cant offer a fix!

I am now thinking of spending the extra to go the intravee route like Paul (reebs)..

As I say it may be me....I shall let you know in a day or so.....
Old 15th July 2009, 20:52   #5
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Hi Starman,
any update on this?

I've been looking at a few iPod options and this seemed to be the closest to my needs.

Regards,
Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th July 2009, 07:12   #6
Starman
Posted a thing or two

Hi Kearton. Well the Gateway is back with the suppliers as it appeared I wasn't getting anywhere with it...

It maybe because the 75 high line uses the Philips radio and not the BM24. I'm sure it will work with a normal head unit but not the sat nav tv screen.

I have the Alpine kca420i coming and the scosche passport adapter so it charges my nano 4G..

I'm waiting now to see if they honor the 30 day return. If not I shall have a Gateway 100 for sale soon

On reflection the Intravee has a much better user interface.. But costs a bit more!!

Let me know which one you decide on..

Regards and good luck.....
Old 17th July 2009, 22:00   #7
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Hi Starman,
I have replaced all the modules with later BMW ones so if the Philips radio is the problem I may be OK.

I was looking for the ability to play videos from the iPod onto the screen so the Gateway 300 is the main item of interest.

It would be useful to be able to see a video of each of the alternatives in action - or better still the real thing, but two of the ICE shops here only order in parts on demand and don't have demonstrators

Regards,
Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th July 2009, 19:09   #8
Starman
Posted a thing or two

Hi again Kearton. I don't have the kinks to hand but I found a few posts on you tube of the gateway in a bmw..

I don't think all ipods are supported even with the Dension adaptor that plugs into the 300..

I am sure though that someone from spain, I think,, had a video being played through the head unit..

I'm still waiting to hear about my refund, but I now have the scosche adapter and Alpine kca420i.

Good luck with the install. Hope it works as it will be a great addition to the car..

All the best.....steve
Old 13th August 2009, 01:42   #9
Starman
Posted a thing or two

Talking

Well after waiting a bit as Toys in your car were out of stock for a while.... I now have the Intravee II set up and working with the Alpine KCA-420i and a Scosche power adaptor so that my Nano 4G charges..

It works wonders..So much more comprehensive and easy to use to boot....

And better still...my old Alpine changer plugs into it and I keep full control of its workings, which I have mounted in the boot.. so if I forget to take the ipod, I can swap over cables and listen to the cd's instead!!

lastly I must recomend "toys in your car" for being helpful, honest and who stayed in contact throughout and even afterwards..