Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2nd June 2016, 21:58   #1
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Today we had the unedifying spectacle of Germany threatening UK if we assert our peaceful wishes.
Who wants a bmw anyway. Not us. Not us.
Old 2nd June 2016, 22:52   #2
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

A new BMW? I did. Once. A new Series 5 2.0. Completely boring. Did everything I could ask of it but completely boring. Then I discovered Rover 75.

May I return to my last post? The sight of Ms. Merkel threatening a bleak future for an independent UK has really made me angry. Not for a long time have I lost my temper but I did today.

Last edited by wraymond; 2nd June 2016 at 22:54..
Old 2nd June 2016, 23:04   #3
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

There's just been a good session of Question Time from Cardiff. Frank Field showed everyone how to debate whilst remaining a gentleman and I raged at that idiot Owen Jones to abate my ire. Feel better now. Never thought I'd have anything to thank Owen Jones for.
Old 3rd June 2016, 18:40   #4
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
I feel very much the same way. A desperate bid, from a desperate german politician whose popularity has sunk to incredible lows due to her mishandling of the migrant crisis.

Her standing in most of Europe is zilch. She is the person who said to all the migrants "Come to Germany" whilst conveniently forgetting that there are several EU and non EU Countries on whatever route these poor people would have to take

The main reason why we have the crisis we have is because Merkel acted like a loose cannon on the issue.

The way I see it - Merkel said this because she is scared that if we in the UK do vote "Out" then where the heck does it leave her?
Her by default really. If we Leave the rest of EU suffers a huge contribution deficit which can only be met by upping German and French subs (the richest). They are both on the cusp of depression at the moment.

Then others will follow us and it starts to crumble. It's panic time on the Rhine. And the Sienne. And the Danube. The fix is in over the erroneous polling cards and they are beginning to doubt getting their way so they can do the cover up later. Not that I'm suspicious though.
Old 3rd June 2016, 20:10   #5
bobthebuilder
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
As the 5th largest trading nation in the world I see a huge future for us trading with our longer historical partners and developing countries rather than putting all our "trading eggs" in one EU basket-case.
Well we won't be the 5th largest trading nation for long if we exit the world's biggest common market. We'll drop right down that table.

The EU us our biggest trading partner and the world's biggest economy. Every single independent economist believes our economy will tank if we leave. You think differently?

Whatever people's motivation for wanting 'Out' claiming we will become more prosperous is fantasy and a non-argument now. I assume the reason the Out campaign has no economic plan and just waffles on about it is they realise it would be too easy to pick holes in it. That was the mistake the SNP made in the independence referendum, when they cited Scotland's economic future on a ridiculous oil price.
Old 2nd June 2016, 19:24   #6
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post

I have been told that the EU specifies how many tier 1 & 2 Visa's that the UK may hand out, yet to find any freely available info on this.. If this is so, it will again influence ones decision to vote one way or another.

Interesting point, I don't have an issue with people arriving on a visa, because I have to accept they must be providing a valuable service.
However I wasn't aware that the EU also had their dirty claws in the process, but it won't influence my vote, because it was OUT regardless😀

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2nd June 2016, 23:32   #7
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
There's just been a good session of Question Time from Cardiff. Frank Field showed everyone how to debate whilst remaining a gentleman and I raged at that idiot Owen Jones to abate my ire. Feel better now. Never thought I'd have anything to thank Owen Jones for.

Yes indeed, and I also noted how Owen Jones believes the problem is nothing to do with the number of immigrants, but the government for not building enough houses. Perhaps you heard me shouting at the screen "but who the el is going to pay for them"
But then of course I calmed down when I heard that the government already had plans to house about half of this years quota by the end of their current term. So that's not too bad, only leaves about 1.5m still looking for a house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 2nd June 2016, 23:47   #8
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Has she learned nothing six years on from Gordon Brown's contempt for public concerns about uncontrolled migration?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...shire-36334488

Old 3rd June 2016, 07:20   #9
stevenicks
This is my second home

MG ZT 180 Auto / Rover 75 2.0 Diesel

Thanked 1,666 Times in 1,264 Posts

It appears to me that the Germans are getting too big for their boots... Again

Steve
Old 3rd June 2016, 11:55   #10
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

To be honest, as believe it or not I always am, it gets ever more depressing when you learn of the, at best, ham-fisted and, at worst, downright fraudulent way we are governed.

In the news today, the scandal of non-nationals, legally resident because of the much vaunted Free Travel rules, being issued with polling cards for the referendum (they can vote in a General Election but specifically not this referendum). Not only that but also given posted vote status. Apparently due to a 'software glitch'.

There are 1.5 million non-national-but-EU UK residents here, some home owners, most in work at suitably higher pay rates than they would otherwise 'enjoy' at home. I don't suppose this was by any chance another of those 'accidents' was it? Who new? Which way do you think these people will vote? To return to their origins and unemployment/work for peanuts by voting Leave, or continue to enjoy life in a land of milk and honey by voting Remain. What would you do?