Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th August 2019, 13:41   #41
KWIL
Precise

Rover 75 Tourer 2.5KV6 Connoisseur SE

My SD1 (BBM41T) certainly achieved stardom, I sold it to Pinewood Film Studios!!
KWIL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2019, 18:59   #42
fusilier50
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi

Thumbs up

I actually met Cai driving his pride and joy earlier today.
I dont know of any other drivers who would stop to have a quick chat blocking the road other than Rover/MG drivers.

Quickly established we were in the club & both our regs began with AY54.They must have come off the line at same time.

Only difference in our cars was his is Gold and cared for whereas mine is Starlight Silver. I have lapsed in the last 6 months after my car was repeatedly scraped by people who cant control their own cars.Its hard to keep motivated when others dont give a damn about your car.
I have spent a lot on mine keeping it on the road over the last few years because i know i wont find a comparable car for anywhere near the money. Mine has an MG interior all black leather heated electric seats, incredible sound system and a (nonleaking) sunroof.
It was good to see a young man behind the wheel proving your not a sheep and are willing to step outside the box society often puts us in. Theyre a lovely car. Enjoy the ride.
fusilier50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2019, 20:00   #43
Raspberrycai
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Saloon, Merc 190E 1.8, '91 Yamaha SR125

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusilier50 View Post
I actually met Cai driving his pride and joy earlier today.
I dont know of any other drivers who would stop to have a quick chat blocking the road other than Rover/MG drivers.

Quickly established we were in the club & both our regs began with AY54.They must have come off the line at same time.

Only difference in our cars was his is Gold and cared for whereas mine is Starlight Silver. I have lapsed in the last 6 months after my car was repeatedly scraped by people who cant control their own cars.Its hard to keep motivated when others dont give a damn about your car.
I have spent a lot on mine keeping it on the road over the last few years because i know i wont find a comparable car for anywhere near the money. Mine has an MG interior all black leather heated electric seats, incredible sound system and a (nonleaking) sunroof.
It was good to see a young man behind the wheel proving your not a sheep and are willing to step outside the box society often puts us in. Theyre a lovely car. Enjoy the ride.

Nice seeing you today, It's always great to run into a club member whilst out and about. Also ran into forum member crazy frog the other week in Tesco car park and he showed me a few features on the car I didn't even know about.

Isn't it strange how my really old post has been resurrected on the day I saw you driving about.

Thanks for saying my car looked well cared for, but it's overdue for a wash and some paint correction!

1991 Mercedes 190E 1.8 (Nico) / 1991 Yamaha SR125 (David)
This vehicle (Nigel) was born Wednesday, 15th September 2004 @ 08:14:39 and was the 103,810th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381 - This vehicle was the 3,096th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (135) to be made out of 4,744 - This vehicle was the 303rd 75 in Platinum Gold (code: MCN) to be made out of 1,685 Platinum Gold 75s
Raspberrycai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2019, 21:35   #44
Terryf
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon BRG

Of course it's an old mans car, I drive a 75 V6 conny auto. So it must be as I will be 86 in November and drive it nearly every day.
Terry
Terryf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2019, 23:17   #45
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

As a long haired rocker in his 30s who could be driving anything, I do enjoy not just a classy car, or a gentleman's cruiser but a genuine legend of saloon cars.
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote