Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 26th February 2015, 05:37   #21
Billy1mate
Posted a thing or two

120d M Sport

Once one joins ISIS the only way to leave involves death.
Billy1mate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 06:15   #22
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
One of them got through border control quite easily using her sister's passport without being confronted , yet when I go on holiday they treat me like a terrorist stopping just short of a body search and i'm only going to Majorca! Then when I return they ask me where I've flown from. They know what flight has just landed! I'm just a big lad from Sunderland so while they are annoying me , how many dodgy people are sneaking under the bar so to speak.
UKVI/Border Force/HM Government simply won't countenance any sort of racial profiling at airports and ports. Not one of the operatives at that airport would have dared to say (out loud, or to him/herself) 'these 3 are worth a check', becauese, had they been travelling in all innocence, said operative would have a good chance of being hung out to dry by a system that prides itself on not doing the logical thing.

Checking out a disabled granny travelling with her carer, strip-searching the bloke travelling with his wife and kids to Benidorm.....they both tick boxes that show how well the job's been done.

Some will say that a terrorist comes in many forms, that the 'lone wolf' bomber can just as easily be white middle-class as 'muslim-looking'. Maybe so, but if I can see something 'odd' about those 3 girls, airport staff must have been able to....and the current way of doing things prevented them from acting.

Israel has profiling down to a fine art http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel...b_4978149.html

Pete
Old 26th February 2015, 13:09   #23
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

Quote:
Originally Posted by patrolman pete View Post
One of them got through border control quite easily using her sister's passport without being confronted , yet when I go on holiday they treat me like a terrorist stopping just short of a body search and i'm only going to Majorca! Then when I return they ask me where I've flown from. They know what flight has just landed! I'm just a big lad from Sunderland so while they are annoying me , how many dodgy people are sneaking under the bar so to speak.
It's still down to human interpretation of the passport, if she looks her sister then no suspecions would be raised. I think every time I went to spain everyone just got waved through passport control. What I am surprised about is how they got into Turkey, not sure what airport they flew to but the Turkish police are pretty strict every time I've been there. Especially at Istanbul, the queues are long and they aren't scared to ask questions. Mind you if they aren't on any watch list, not listed as missing or committed any crime no-one would have reason to stop them.
topman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 16:54   #24
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by milleplod View Post
UKVI/Border Force/HM Government simply won't countenance any sort of racial profiling at airports and ports. Not one of the operatives at that airport would have dared to say (out loud, or to him/herself) 'these 3 are worth a check', becauese, had they been travelling in all innocence, said operative would have a good chance of being hung out to dry by a system that prides itself on not doing the logical thing.

Checking out a disabled granny travelling with her carer, strip-searching the bloke travelling with his wife and kids to Benidorm.....they both tick boxes that show how well the job's been done.

Some will say that a terrorist comes in many forms, that the 'lone wolf' bomber can just as easily be white middle-class as 'muslim-looking'. Maybe so, but if I can see something 'odd' about those 3 girls, airport staff must have been able to....and the current way of doing things prevented them from acting.

Israel has profiling down to a fine art http://www.huffingtonpost.com/daniel...b_4978149.html

Pete
For sure, but a few days ago David Cameron made a statement in the house addressing the problems/solutions. I got this from dot gov UK

We need new arrangements with airlines to ensure that these at-risk children are properly identified and questioned - and the Home Secretary and Transport Secretary will be working with the airlines to bring this about. Whenever there are concerns, police at the border should be alerted so they can use the new temporary passport seizure powers to stop people travelling.
Second, given reports that one of the girls was following as many as 70 extremists online, this case underlines the importance – and this was covered at the EU too – of the work we are doing with social media companies.
We have made progress with these companies who are working with the police and Home Office to take down extremist content online. And at the EU council we agreed to do this across the European Union.
But we also need greater co-operation over contacts between extremists and those who could be radicalised. Internet companies have a social responsibility. And we expect them to live up to it.
Third, we need to continue to press for our police and security services to have access to Passenger Name Records for as many routes as possible in and out of Britain. And we need this to happen right across the European Union, which was the subject of most substantive discussion at the European Council. These records provide not just passenger names – but also details about how tickets were bought and the bank accounts used and who people are travelling with, offering vital information to help us identify in advance when people are travelling on high risk routes and helps us to identify terrorists.
I raised this explicitly with my Turkish counterpart in December and we will continue to press to get this vital information wherever we need it.
Until recently – in spite of British efforts to get this issue prioritised – discussions on these Passenger Name Records in the EU had been stuck. But, following the terrible attacks in Paris and Copenhagen, it was agreed at the European Council that EU legislators should urgently adopt a “strong and effective” European Passenger Name Records directive.
That was probably the most important outcome of this council.
What I would say is, Mr Speaker, we have to fix this.
It would be absurd to have this exchange of information between individual EU Member States and countries outside the EU but not amongst ourselves.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th February 2015, 17:19   #25
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Our MP's live in a world shrouded and protected by wealth, they have no idea about how those outside of their closeted world live, think, or feel.

Untill we put that right, we may never know or understand what goes on behind their closed doors. We will just suffer the effects of their ill thought out and badly executed policies innit....
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th February 2015, 11:19   #26
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Our MP's live in a world shrouded and protected by wealth, they have no idea about how those outside of their closeted world live, think, or feel.

Untill we put that right, we may never know or understand what goes on behind their closed doors. We will just suffer the effects of their ill thought out and badly executed policies innit....
So very true Bob,they haven't the foggiest how the working class folk live,or struggle to.
Old 1st March 2015, 08:11   #27
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

By all accounts they are now in Syria. Someone on the news has seen them cross the border.
Old 1st March 2015, 09:36   #28
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by topman View Post
By all accounts they are now in Syria. Someone on the news has seen them cross the border.
Scrubbing cleaning cooking .

Getting measured up for a suicide vest !!!!

It's all go being a terrorist concubine.
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 09:56   #29
Woof25
Passed Away

Rover 75 Saloon CDti Se A

There is an old saying I remember from my childhood which seems appropriate " Well you made your bed now you must lie in it". They made their choices now they must accept whatever comes their way its sad I know but hopefully others will not make the same mistake.
Woof25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st March 2015, 11:11   #30
topman
This is my second home

MG ZT-T 190

A little harsh they are no doubt young and naive. A lifetime of misery would surely follow.