Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th January 2008, 17:58   #11
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
I think the First step in sorting out all this Banal Behaviour is to Drop the Age Of Criminal Responsibility to 8 Years old, then charge and treat them as anybody else committing this Type of offence would get.

The Second step would be for the Parents to be made Financially responsible for all this and if they don't can't pay up put them in Prison as they are NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- as Parents and Stick the Kids in Youth Detention till 18Years old!

NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- all the Do Gooders, Let these Thugs and Morons go and Live with them if that makes them Happy!
John you have said it all thank you, I was over cautious not being a mod, after all I have had a bad day and did'nt want a banning order slapped on me as well

Well still no police have attended so hopefully will be tomorrow now, the goods will be long gone, and they would have sold them for peanuts, unfortunately these young louts do not see what they do as being wrong, I wish I could have total control over punishment for just one day
Old 25th January 2008, 18:06   #12
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

Angry

I am sure I went way to far for Normal but that was Posted from the Heart as a Member NOT as a Mod or Representative of the Club.

Its just that I am getting Sick and tired of Todays Police Not responding to Calls unless it includes the Use of Fast Cars and Helicopters!
Always to Busy either Doing Paperwork, In Court or in Canteen or Pub, chasing Drunks outside Nightclubs or Day Off in Lieu!
Never seen on the Beat only in a Cosy Car, and Now ill trained and accepting anybody just to be Politically Correct. University Leavers without a Grain of Common Sense and the Rest doing Parking and Speeding. Poppycock!!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 18:07   #13
MN190
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragitty View Post
Thanks Phil, I don't think we will see the police today, when I rang them about 10 minutes ago to enquire the lady on the switchboard could find no reference to the crime number given to us earlier.

I will keep my thoughts to myself.
Had you phoned them to say you had found them & were just retrieving your shotgun before going to ask them some friendly questions you would have a response within 5 minutes
MN190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 18:38   #14
baxlin
This is my second home

Volvo C70 Convertible and JZR 3 wheeler

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDotCom View Post
. University Leavers without a Grain of Common Sense and the Rest doing Parking and Speeding. Poppycock!!
Before I joined the RAF I was thinking about being a Policeman, one thing I liked was that at that time, in the 60's, certainly in the Force I was interested in, everyone had to start as a PC, and work their way up.

No fast-tracking, no Direct-entry Graduate schemes, just time-served Coppers filling the upper ranks.

That was also in the days of a clip around the ear, and the threat of greater punishment - the copper telling your Dad.........

OK, it wasn't all good!!!

Malcolm
baxlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 18:48   #15
JohnDotCom

I'm afraid to say I was once a Very Proud Member of the Police Force.

As you say join at the Bottom work your way up, a Degree Course to do SOCO work, (now almost anyone on the beat can join with minimal training) still a Few Excellent Civilian Forensic People about but most have now gone.
They now "Hire In" for much work.

It took me 6 Hard Years to get even to DS before I went into the Forensic side of work but retaining Rank.
Cadet to PC then to DC and then DS.

There was more people on Day off on that March at Whitehall than I have ever heard of in Work!
Don't Forget the Pay is Excellent and London Weighting adds another £5000 a year.
They moan about the Civilian and Pretend Police getting Full amount but 2.5% to them is nothing By comparison to the Huge amount the Police Officer will get.

A Pay Rise is NOT a right has to be earned and I for one don't think they deserve it.
If they were Paid on Proper Results they would all be broke and having to do 2 Jobs just to survive!
Old 25th January 2008, 19:35   #16
CFS75
Loves to post

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Auto

Ragitty,

Had you thought of contacting your local/Regional TV station?
I bet that they would love to run the story, especially as you have CCTV pictures.
CFS75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 19:41   #17
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

No have not done anything until we have spoken to the police, the video footage is excellent, no dought about who the culprits are, the system we installed cost in excess of £30,000 nothing to do with me I am just a manager there but it is top of the range equipement.

I am certain the Police will eventually do the job they are paid to do, but then again who knows what other crimes they may have had today to deal with, I will of course keep you all informed to the progress if any.
Old 25th January 2008, 20:48   #18
Z T Top
Gets stuck in

MG ZT+ SE 131

I feel so sorry for you. I run a retail business that started as a small family business and now has 39 stores. Over the years I have spent far to many nights sitting in shops waiting for the police. One store manager was shown pictures of the people the police believed responsible for a series of ram raids. When the manager one day spotted the people in the photo checking out the store she rang the local police only to be told not to bother them. She rang me and I rang only to be told the same. When later that night we were indeed broken in to I was threatened with arrest for refusing to deal with the attending officers, you can’t win!
At another store the police did get their people, but only after a local photo lab reported them to the police. They had photographed the whole thing including themselves outside their house with the stolen car and then taken the film for developing, how stupid can you get?

Keep your chin up,

Mark.
Z T Top is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 20:48   #19
JohnDotCom

Quote:
I am certain the Police will eventually do the job they are paid to do, but then again who knows what other crimes they may have had today to deal with, I will of course keep you all informed to the progress if any.
Yup but all the goodies will be long gone by then, where as they could have recovered if they got their fingers out!
Old 25th January 2008, 21:57   #20
dickhilt

None

What a great shame!

I've just joined this register to learn a little about a car I admire and am considering purchasing and the very first post I read is almost entirely composed of slagging off the job I have been doing for 26 years!
It's always frusrating when people clearly have absolutely no concept of what it's like nowadays to man "the thin blue line".
Sadly, successive governments have increased the amount of red tape required to do the most mundane of tasks and have reduced beat strength to the point that it's almost laughable. Many of you would be shocked at just how few bobbies there are available to deal with the thousand of calls a day, indeed half my time is spent apologising for how long it's taken the police to get to their incident. That is purely because there are so few of us that we have to grade calls according to their urgency, ie life or death, ongoing etc. The rest I'm affraid often have to wait. Even in some larger cities such as Leeds city centre, staffing levels are often into single figures and one alcohol fueled disturbance, murder, fatal RTC etc etc can often tie everyone up.
The government have spent a fortune employing 'Police Community Support Officers' for 'high visibility' patrols, but they have very limited powers and, frankly, it's money for old rope! When you consider that a PCSO can earn anything up to £24,000 a year for basically walking around, one wonders why a married copper with two kids and five years service bothers for the same money, you could earn more as a trainee manager at Macdonalds!
All those 22,000 officers marching in London were on their day off because they feel betrayed by this government, as do most public sector workers.
A top scale PC now with less than around 12 years service takes home around £1700 per month working earlies, lates and nights. He is personally accountable for his actions 24/7 on or off duty, can't strike and can't take any form of industrial action. In my service I have been assaulted several times, once seriously, been shot at, had to disarm deranged knifemen and been stabbed with used needles, picked up parts of dismembered, decomposed bodies etc etc
It's very easy to slag off the Police when you have no concept of what they face everyday. After all, enforcing the law either criminal or road traffic is not a popular passtime.
And as for retired or ex cops, the job has changed beyond recognition in the last few years.
When I joined this job 26 years ago, it was "a bobbies job". You were paid not as much for what you did, but what you may be called upon to do. Now, the polar opposite is true.
I would not dream of slagging off anyones job unless I had a firm grasp of what they do and what difficulties they face.
Perhaps if one or two of you feel that you can do a better job for the money, then you know what to do..............................!
And as for describing us as "muppets" well, sadly that reflects very badly on the scribe................................
dickhilt is offline   Reply With Quote