Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th January 2008, 14:16   #1
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Default Caught on Camera

I received a telephone call this morning about 0800am telling me that our company premises had been broken into, I duly arrived at my place of work to see that the glass in the double entrance door had been completely smashed.

on further inspection we also noticed that a section of perimeter fence had been opened up where they gained access.

We have a collosul network of video cams and I spent all morning browsing and eventually finding the right footage where they had entered and left the premises.

They got away with £1380 of caravan tv's, the police were notified at 0745am and as yet we are still waiting to be seen by someone. it is now 1512pm.

I know the police are busy, but we have video tape identifying the culprits so an easy arrest if they want it, before the little angels flog the stuff on for £20.00 or so to get their fixes.

I would love to be left with them for an hour.

From time of entering doing the damage and stealing the goods to time of leaving via the same route Just 20.08 seconds. yes seconds.

Last edited by ragitty; 25th January 2008 at 14:19..
ragitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 14:20   #2
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Don't get me started on the police. I am sure that there are good ones and bad ones. I have only heard bad stories. The sort of stories where the first word comes into your head is, muppets. Hope its sorted soon Lee.
Old 25th January 2008, 14:58   #3
ragitty

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Thanks Phil, I don't think we will see the police today, when I rang them about 10 minutes ago to enquire the lady on the switchboard could find no reference to the crime number given to us earlier.

I will keep my thoughts to myself.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:41   #4
ragitty

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Here they are coming in, and the last one going out (pic below), obviously other clips cannot be shown because of identity of the culprits.

The Company who monitor our site during the evening obviously missed these little tykes, so we have called there MD in for a meeting with ourselves next tuesday, this is not the first time they have missed this sort of activity.

Last edited by ragitty; 25th January 2008 at 19:24..
ragitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 15:44   #5
Phil
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Your frustration must be imense I have had things stolen in the past and the want to take the law into your own hands is immense. Have you seen some of the car security systems they have in some parts of the world? I have seen one on the telly with flame throwers under the doors.
Old 25th January 2008, 15:58   #6
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Sorry to hear this mate.

Sometimes it is more the damage the thiefs cause than the items they take that is most upsetting. Hope for their sake the police find them before you do Lee

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 17:17   #7
tourerfogey
Banned

Even if the police catch them they will probably receive no more than a slap on the wrists. And they wonder why people have little respect for the law.
tourerfogey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 17:27   #8
ragitty

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

TF you are absolutely right, bring back public flogging, i would volunteer to do the nasty bit, and I would sleep alright at night.

They knew what they were doing, it was pre meditated in their hands they are carrying boulders which ultimately ended up on our showroom floor.
Old 25th January 2008, 17:47   #9
JohnDotCom

Rover 75 FaceLift Tourer CDTi 170BHP Auto ConnSE 2005 Model Starlight Silver

I think the First step in sorting out all this Banal Behaviour is to Drop the Age Of Criminal Responsibility to 8 Years old, then charge and treat them as anybody else committing this Type of offence would get.

The Second step would be for the Parents to be made Financially responsible for all this and if they don't can't pay up put them in Prison as they are NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- as Parents and Stick the Kids in Youth Detention till 18Years old!

NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- all the Do Gooders, Let these Thugs and Morons go and Live with them if that makes them Happy!
JohnDotCom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th January 2008, 17:53   #10
Mike
This is my second home

Rover 75 V8

Can't agree John. In this instance the first step is for the Police to do their job and come and collect the video. If they can get 20,000 on the streets of London about their pay then surely they can manage one to investigate a crime?