Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st May 2012, 08:22   #31
damienp
This is my second home

skoda estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny the Fox View Post
So no National Health Service or welfare state Unless you have health insurance f off and die and if you lose you job , or become ill, made redundant etc then tough
That's how i see it JtF, yes. I don't see why i or anyone else should have to contribute to the people mentioned in the OP.
damienp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 08:56   #32
Simondi
Regional Secretary

MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts

Always an emotive subject this one. My general rule is if its in the Mail , Express or Sun ignore it.

What do I think
Firstly go after those who are avoid paying taxes, both personal and corporate.
Secondly with the vast amount of revenue this would bring in go after those at the bottom who are claiming illeagaly.

As for my hard earned pay that goes on taxes (I've never claimed benefit) I have no issue what so ever in a proportion of it going on those more needy than I. I am so glad that I live in a country where if, heaven forbid, I loose my job or become ill that the state will look after me.
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 09:16   #33
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

The human race is always fighting against nature and will never win.

To the destruction of the planet and against the survival of the fittest.

Where will it all lead to ???

Old codgers ( Like myself ) being kept alive to the detriment of the system as a whole.

Bump off everybody who reaches retirement age should help a bit.

Cut off those dangly bits after the first two kids would also be beneficial to the human condition. ( Ouch !! )

Colvert.

Remember you sometimes have to be cruel to be kind.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 09:39   #34
cabbers
Retired

62-reg Suzuki SX4 SZ5 1.6i AWD / 07-reg Audi S3 2.0 T FSI Quattro

Just read this thread and while i agree with what most people have said i am affraid some people are forced out of work.

My Mom as Multiple Sclerosis and alot of other health problems which means she needs around the clock care.

Now since i was 12 years old myself and my dad looked after her. I would look after her at night (as i was at school/college/work in the day) and my dad looked after her in the day as he worked nights. But when my Dad died in 2010 (i was still only 21) i took over the full care of my mom with my girlfriend while i still worked full time.

Everything was going fine until February 2012 when her health went down hill even more.

So i had a talk with my girlfriend and other close family about trying to get some help from social services in the form of a part time carer to try and relief some of the strain from myself and my girlfriend as she is pregnant.

We all agreed that a carer to help us out would be the best option so we went to see my moms GP who gave us the details of who we needed to contact.

The details the Dr gave me was for social services so i contacted them and they sent me some forms which i filled out and sent back and i also believe the Dr filled a form in and sent back as well explanning the case and what health problems my mom had.

I had a letter back from social services saying they needed to send a indepentent doctor out to see my mom, i spoke to my mom about this and she said it was fine so they sent a doctor - he did what he had to and went.

Now in April i had a letter back from social services basically saying sorry we can not help as your needs dont meet our guide lines and i may be able to recieve help myself - puzzled by this i phoned them and they said are you working, i said yes full time, they then said if you was able to look after your mom full time we could pay you a benifit to do this.

At this point i was fuming so came off the phone.

I have now gone from working Full Time to working Part Time and get carers allownace which is £58 a week.

Now i dont agree with the what social services have done to me, My dad worked full time from the age of 18 and never had a day off or claimed benefits, he worked till the day he dropped dead when he was 57. My mom worked full time from the age of 19 till she was 40 and then worked part time till she was 46 (she is now 60). my mom will not live to see xmas this year but the social dont class her to be at the right stage for there care.

Now i want to work full time but i have more or less been forced out of it by the social services.

So my question is whos fault is it that i have had to come out of full time work ??? is it my fault or the social services

Craig

Last edited by cabbers; 31st May 2012 at 10:13.. Reason: spelling
cabbers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 09:56   #35
MrDoodles
Banned

MG ZT+ V6 190

Thanked 1,196 Times in 818 Posts

Welcome to Britain in 2012 under the LibLabCon!

We can "afford" to borrow £12 Billion to give away in "Foreign Aid" but we can't "afford" to look after our own people who have contributed all their lives!

Keep voting for "More of the same" people!
MrDoodles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 12:41   #36
VVC-Geeza
This is my second home

2005 Connoisseur SE 1.8 Turbo,2004 45 1.8 Connoisseur and my beloved 1998 VVC Coupe.

Thanked 1,016 Times in 739 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrDoodles View Post
And if you fancy a bigger house, make up a story about receiving "threats" and them set fire to your house...............
Looks like he will be granted his wish of a Big House now.

VVC-Geeza is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 12:45   #37
FLYER
Banned

rover75 cdti AUTO TOURER 160 bhp.

Thanked 3,685 Times in 2,463 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
Looks like he will be granted his wish of a Big House now.
if he and his fastbreeder did it they deserve more than that
FLYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2012, 16:52   #38
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabbers View Post
Just read this thread and while i agree with what most people have said i am affraid some people are forced out of work.

So my question is whos fault is it that i have had to come out of full time work ??? is it my fault or the social services

Craig
Hiya Craig.

Sorry to read your story there

I want to say, that the intention of the Original Post was in fact to show that some folk can, do and will take the mick. This Family openly admit to milking the system yet are carrying on living their cheating lifestyle.

I think we all agree that there are those who are in honest need, ironically I bet most of those who do deserve something get very little for their ill's and troubles.

This is sadly how the system works now. Those dishonest and lazy enough seem to benefit whilst those who are genuine don't.

That was the purpose of the post, to highlight this fact. At no time did I say, or give the impression that all people on Benefits are scroungers (something that tends to pop up in these threads a lot).