Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th May 2012, 18:29   #1
carlpenn
This is my second home

2000 Wedgey Blue 2.5V6 Beauty

Angry Quit yer job, av 10 kids and rake in 50k a year

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...o-rich-to-work-

This is appalling and a show of the typical sham that Britains "Benefit Society" has become.

A couple of quotes from this Family just to make you irate:

Quote:
They openly admit they are milking the system but refuse to give up their cushy life
Quote:
I’m better off volunteering than earning – we’re well off and I’m not going to give that up until I have to
Quote:
I could work and I’d like to. I feel guilty about how much we claim – we don’t need a five-bedroom house. But it’s a nice area with good schools.”

Each year Stephanie and Ian Fennessy-Sharp rake in:
£20,400 housing benefit for their 5 bed house,
£14,456 child tax credits,
£8,320 incapacity benefit,
£4,524 child benefit and
£1,200 council tax benefit.

Old 29th May 2012, 18:52   #2
SapperGB
Posted a thing or two

2005 190 ZT-T SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlpenn View Post
http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/...o-rich-to-work-

I could work and I’d like to. I feel guilty about how much we claim – we don’t need a five-bedroom house. But it’s a nice area with good schools.”
take their incapacity benefit off them then!
SapperGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 18:55   #3
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

So re-arrange the income to what you think they 'should' be getting? Which money would you take away from them?

5 bedroom house for 10 kids and two adults? Doesn't sound excessive. The rent is the rent they don't get the money.

£2100 a year on which to bring up a kid? That'd be a larf...

Incapacity benefit? WOSSAT? About to disappear under the 'reassessments' to be replaced by Employment Support Allowance... vast majority of reassessments are resulting in peeps finding they no longer fit the criteria for being ill / disabled because they are not being assessed on that any more (by healthcare professionals)... but they are being ultimately assessed on what they are able to do in spite of their infirmities by peeps with a checklist and no medical experience whatsoever...

Council tax benefit of only £1200 a year? For a five bed house in London? Mine is half as much again for bog all services and living in the middle of nowhere? Why's that then? Because it doesn't cover the cost of their council tax which'll be considerably more.

From the outside, yes, it looks shocking and people get upset because it is their taxes supporting this. However, ask anyone on benefits how easy it actually is to 'not work' and how much pressure they come under to take on 'any job' - even if it leaves them without enough money to get by on because of travel costs etc - the benefits agency are ruthless in NOT giving peeps what they are entitled to let alone those they KNOW are attempting to fiddle the system!

Yes, we can jump up and down about the irresponsibility / immorality / fecklessness of the parents but THAT is a very very different issue from saying, 'This family get too much', because then all the others with a bit more self-regard and a bit more of a responsible attitude who have only a couple of kids...or even no kids at all... get penalised with even further reduced benefits because we are all getting up in arms about the tiny minority who the Express love to highlight.

So long as we get taken in by this sort of story - which attempts to direct our anger at a very small group in society - then we aren't getting to grips with the REAL scandals such as these:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1250025.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15001965

So, £36.5 BILLION.....and we get irate about £50K????

Oh, and here is another £25 billion not going to support the country...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...dance-industry

Last edited by Zeb; 29th May 2012 at 19:23..
Zeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 18:58   #4
jonno12
Posted a thing or two

rover75 saloon connie

makes me sick reading it. but at the end of the day this is what the last goverment bought upon us, as well as squandering our reserves AND nicking our pensions, and these clowns are not much better
jonno12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 19:03   #5
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

changed me mind :-)

Last edited by lady zed; 29th May 2012 at 19:11..
lady zed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th May 2012, 19:12   #6
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

NOW look what you have done!

Last edited by Zeb; 29th May 2012 at 19:17..
Old 29th May 2012, 19:14   #7
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeb View Post
NOW loom what you have done!
Who? Moi???
Old 29th May 2012, 19:14   #8
carlpenn
This is my second home

Quote:
So re-arrange the income to what you think they 'should' be getting? Which money would you take away from them?

5 bedroom house for 10 kids and two adults? Doesn't sound excessive. The rent is the rent they don't get the money.

£2100 a year on which to bring up a kid? That'd be a larf...

Incapacity benefit? WOSSAT? About to disappear under the 'reassessments' to be replaced by Employment Support Allowance... vast majority of reassessments are resulting in peeps finding they no longer fit the criteria for being ill / disabled because they are not being assessed on that any more...they are being assessed on what they are able to do in spite of their infirmities by peeps with a checklist and no medical experience whatsoever...

Council tax benefit of only £1200 a year? For a five bed house in London? Mine is half as much again for bog all services and living in the middle of nowhere? Why's that then? Because it doesn't cover the cost of their council tax which'll be considerably more.

From the outside, yes, it looks shocking and people get upset because it is their taxes supporting this. However, ask anyone on benefits how easy it actually is to 'not work' and how much pressure they come under to take on 'any job' - even if it leaves them without enough money to get by on because of travel costs etc - the benefits agency are ruthless in NOT giving peeps what they are entitled to let alone those they KNOW are attempting to fiddle the system!

Yes, we can jump up and down about the irresponsibility / immorality / fecklessness of the parents but THAT is a very very different issue from saying, 'This family get too much', because then all the others with a bit more self-regard and a bit more of a responsible attitude who have only a couple of kids...or even no kids at all... get penalised with even further reduced benefits because we are all getting up in arms about the tiny minority who the Express love to highlight.

So long as we get taken in by this sort of story - which attempts to direct our anger at a very small group in society - then we aren't getting to grips with the REAL scandals such as these:

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012...n_1250025.html

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-15001965

So, £36.5 BILLION.....and we get irate about £50K????

Oh, and here is another £25 billion not going to support the country...

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisf...dance-industry
No offence but those stories have no relation whatsoever? What has uncollected Taxes got to do with people being given the life of Luxury on Benefits? Especially People who are fit to work, let us be honest here "I cant work because I have Migraines and feel faint if I work for more than an hour" really?

I have an Ingrowing Toenail and Back Problems, perhaps I should get me some...........

This is not the Only Family doing this either, so whilst the article does directly refer to them, I am more annoyed at the fact there are Hundreds or even thousands of people out there doing this. So that 50k I wonder how much the other folk add to it?
Old 29th May 2012, 19:20   #9
Zeb
Banned

MGZT V8 & ZTT 190+LPG

The stories are DIRECTLY related. We are talking about folks fleecing the country....and we mostly only ever get the Jeremy Kyle hate-figures whilst those who are doing much much more damage get knighthoods...

Not saying summat shouldn't be changed but we should at least be leaning on them at the top as well as them at the bottom..
Old 29th May 2012, 19:23   #10
carlpenn
This is my second home

Quote:
The stories are DIRECTLY related. We are talking about folks fleecing the country....and we mostly only ever get the Jeremy Kyle hate-figures whilst those who are doing much much more damage get knighthoods...

Not saying summat shouldn't be changed but we should at least be leaning on them at the top as well as them at the bottom..

Now there is a Product that would sell. Jeremy Kyle Hate Figures from Bandai

Quick get it patented