Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th March 2024, 15:27   #141
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

So my visit to the doctors went well. Went in on time, well I was the first one in. He asked me lots of questions about my internal issues. Took my blood pressure, up a bit. Took my temperature, ok with that. Checked my bloods, up a bit. Checked oxygen levels, ok there. Listened to my breathing. Next up onto the couch and layer on my side, trousers and pants down whilst he inserted a digit up my rear to have a feel around.

Thinks I might have an obstruction. Try a laxative to see if that makes a difference. He gave me a packet of 4 tablets. With instructions on how to take them. If you take one tonight, do not take another one for at least 10 days. Let your body reset itself naturally.

Had I been to toilet this morning, no not been since yesterday morning. Hard or soft? Hard.
I’m going to need a sample of your poo, so he gave me a large lolly stick, a container to put it into, a pair of disposable gloves and instructions on how you use the stick. Best time for the sample is between 06.00-10.00. Preferably a solid one. If you go before or after that time then wait till the next morning.

Because of the Easter weekend it might be an idea not to try for the sample till next week. Also got a container for a urine sample.

In the meantime he would contact the hospital to get me an appointment for all the camera action. 3 of them. Up my rear, down my water tube, his words, and finally down my throat. He would try and get the appointment down at Liskeard as they were a better bet than Derriford, could be a long wait to get an appointment there.

I came out thinking positive thoughts. Always look on the bright side. Of course I didn’t know what my body had in store for me a bit later on this morning. Read the story above.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 2nd April 2024 at 12:53..
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2024, 19:39   #142
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Talking

Dignity sometimes has to be left at the door of necessity wherever a medical situation comes a calling. As such a bucket might be a practical friend to keep close at hand for now Bob.

The container given for a urine sample is sans instructions for a very good reason. Should a magnifying glass tempt you for the use of be warned ... do not use in strong sunlight.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th March 2024, 20:40   #143
aponte

Audi A6

I'm glad you're feeling better. It sounds like you had a thorough check-up at the doctor's office. It's great that everything checked out mostly okay. These exams, though uncomfortable, are crucial for monitoring our health.

Last edited by Reebs; 28th March 2024 at 08:56.. Reason: Link removed
aponte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th March 2024, 13:01   #144
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Got a phone call from Liskeard Minor Injuries Unit telling me that they had received a request from my doctors about an appointment for the 3 camera procedure. I will be getting an appointment in the post, but if they get a cancellation is it ok to phone me to see if I can take that appointment. Obviously I said yes.

And finally now able to wear a pair of slippers, first time since 17/12/23.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 28th March 2024 at 17:48.. Reason: Additional information
Old 2nd April 2024, 12:52   #145
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Got a letter in the post today. Appointment for next week to have the 3 camera procedure. I should have someone with me, so Marion is going with me in her car. I’m to take a laxative the night before so that I’m empty.
I did take one a couple days after I visited the doctors. Certainly worked well. Not done that much in just one sitting for a long time.

After 2 attempts this morning I managed a sample on the lolly stick. Placed the stick in the container. Wrote the date and time on the label. Put the container in the bag provided and took it to the doctors this morning.

Hospital appointment tomorrow at 15.00. Going on my own this time and getting the bus. Going to leave the car up by the fire station, walk across the road and wait for the no.71.
Physio here on Thursday morning.

New bed delivered this morning. Going to buy all new sheets, 2 pillows and a new quilt. Last time I bought any of these items was about 12 years ago so I’ve had my money’s worth. Might buy some towels as well. Going to Dunelms in Plymouth on Thursday after the physio has gone. Marion is coming with me.

On Friday I have my diabetes eye examination. Marion was going to drop me off there and I had planned to get the bus back. But Marion’s daughter, Kara, said that Marion should bring me home as well. So now Marion will take me, wait for me and bring me home. What would I do without my fabulous neighbours.

Gerry has been over this morning and cut my grass, he put my recycling out plus my bin and brought them back in after the dustmen had been.

onen hag oll

Last edited by FLYING BANANA; 2nd April 2024 at 12:54.. Reason: Spellin’
Old 2nd April 2024, 13:57   #146
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
On Friday I have my diabetes eye examination. Marion was going to drop me off there and I had planned to get the bus back. But Marion’s daughter, Kara, said that Marion should bring me home as well. So now Marion will take me, wait for me and bring me home. What would I do without my fabulous neighbours.
Had my second annual DB2-eye test recently and got a letter after saying that annual no longer needed. Apparently after two clear annual tests only biennial needed so next one for me will be in two years time. Not queried it but at the first test I was advised that there was nothing to worry about but they would be monitoring some suspect areas of the scan for any deterioration. My two scans/tests were done by different people.
Old 2nd April 2024, 15:00   #147
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Had my second annual DB2-eye test recently and got a letter after saying that annual no longer needed. Apparently after two clear annual tests only biennial needed so next one for me will be in two years time. Not queried it but at the first test I was advised that there was nothing to worry about but they would be monitoring some suspect areas of the scan for any deterioration. My two scans/tests were done by different people.
That’s good news. I had my annual diabetes review done just before Christmas and when I got the results the nurse said that I could cut down on taking the Metaformin, I was on two tablets a day, but when I told her that I was now in plaster after fracturing my ankle she said you best stay on the two for now.

When I first moved down to Cornwall I was on 4 tablets a day, so getting down to two was good news for me. So getting down to one is even better, well it was till I fell over.

onen hag oll
Old 2nd April 2024, 16:00   #148
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

I have been on 4/day of metformin since the off and I do struggle with that dosage. Sometimes have to take less as suddenly like a switch being flicked the urge to pee kind of disappears and without that urge of warning it requires a mad dash to the bog. Not normally does much water pass, just the slightest of trickles, but it is enough to render me virtually housebound when it happens. As a consequence I requested a reduction in the dosage to 3/day which my GP reluctantly agreed to but he subsequently raised it back to 4/day after a later test gave him cause for concern. Both a relative and a couple of the medics who I see in the testing process have suggested that I ask my GP for slower acting medication. The relative recommended forxiga after switching to it from metformin but my mention of it to my GP at our last meeting earlier this year did not go down well. Relative says it might be because of cost, maybe more expensive than metformin and that I might have fight for a change. For now it is 4/day metformin and I'm hoping that I might become more tolerant of this dosage if I stick at it.
Old 2nd April 2024, 18:54   #149
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
I have been on 4/day of metformin since the off and I do struggle with that dosage. Sometimes have to take less as suddenly like a switch being flicked the urge to pee kind of disappears and without that urge of warning it requires a mad dash to the bog. Not normally does much water pass, just the slightest of trickles, but it is enough to render me virtually housebound when it happens. As a consequence I requested a reduction in the dosage to 3/day which my GP reluctantly agreed to but he subsequently raised it back to 4/day after a later test gave him cause for concern. Both a relative and a couple of the medics who I see in the testing process have suggested that I ask my GP for slower acting medication. The relative recommended forxiga after switching to it from metformin but my mention of it to my GP at our last meeting earlier this year did not go down well. Relative says it might be because of cost, maybe more expensive than metformin and that I might have fight for a change. For now it is 4/day metformin and I'm hoping that I might become more tolerant of this dosage if I stick at it.
Sounds like you right about the cost.

onen hag oll
Old 3rd April 2024, 17:05   #150
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

Cool

My hospital appointment about my ankle went better than I thought. They no longer want to see me anymore. No X-Ray but I was seen by the consultant that I saw last time. I had to remove both shoes and socks so that he could compare. Left ankle is still slightly swollen but that’s nothing to be worried about. He checked the movement on the ankle. He said I had more movement than my last visit.

Then shoes and socks back on and I then had to walk up and down the corridor without the aid of the crutch. He was very happy with what he saw. And he said he was more than happy to release me from the care of the hospital. I will still need to use the crutch occasionally but it will pay me to get a collapsible walking stick to carry with me when out and about.

I’m to try and not spend more than 1 hour on the ankle, then rest with foot raised for at least 15 minutes. Which is improvement on my last visit. So I’m happy with the result.
So home on the bus, but I wanted a wee, but I couldn’t remember what time the bus was. So out to the bus stop and if it was a long wait then I could return to the loo.

The bus was going to be there in the next 5 minutes, oh! Well I’ll just have to tie a knot in it. The next bus home wouldn’t have been for another hour. Got on the bus and got off at the fire station in Saltash, I had left the Fiesta parked close by. Got home and dashed, well it was quick for me, up to the loo for a long wee.

So I have just the 3 camera procedure to get through next week and all will be well, fingers crossed.
Then I will return the crutches, zimmer frame, AirBoot and sandal back to Liskeard hospital in a few weeks time.
I still have the chair risers and footstool from the ladies at HomeFirst. I’ll phone Clare tomorrow and get those bits collected.

And tomorrow morning the physiotherapist is here and with a bit of luck that will be the last visit.

Once she has gone, Marion and I will then go to Dunelms in Plymouth to buy new sheets, pillows and quilt for the new bed.

onen hag oll