Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 29th September 2014, 11:45   #31
MangoMan
This is my second home

Looking....

Thanked 1,111 Times in 868 Posts

And by emulating them makes one just as bad, does it not...? And that's without taking 'collateral damage' into consideration on top of it!
Old 29th September 2014, 11:57   #32
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangoMan View Post
And by emulating them makes one just as bad, does it not...? And that's without taking 'collateral damage' into consideration on top of it!
I agree,but to be honest I am trying to avoid getting involved,simply because I don't have a solution.

I do believe though,that too many concessions are given in the UK, to foreign nationals,in the name of human rights. My view is,if you come here,you respect our cultures and do not try to change them. We will respect yours providing you accept ours and our right to have them. If you want to have your cultures etc do not expect us to pay for them. If I go to your country,I promise to observe and respect your way of life,and not to manipulate it. Simply put,live and let live. My blood is as red and as vital as yours is.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 13:46   #33
GT Courier
I really should get out more.......

Billy No Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by FREDPLY View Post
perhaps if a member of your family was beheaded or indeed a member of the fallen since 03 you would think differently ........
Thanks for your comments, I am interested in all views as it is important to take on everyone's comments whether or not I agree with them.

I don't know if I disagree with you as such, but I don't see the solution in what we are doing.

Re your comment above, I would be very upset and angry if the above happened to someone I knew or a close member or family as much as I was upset and angry that it happened to the people it did, but I would also be upset and angry to come home to find my family slain across the place from a cruise missile that had come down the chimney pipe whilst I had been at work and unfortunately that is happening to a lot of people as well.

We are at war as such, even though it seems so remote, but the initial flight by RAF tornados came back with weapons on board. Whilst I appreciate that they are not dropping them without care, I found it odd that the call to war was so pressing and overwhelming voted for in the House of Parliament, yet we seem to have not acquired any targets?

I would also like to better understand the financing of this group who's name has changed a few times and other groups are suddenly coming into the spotlight. Apparently IS are earning £1.2 million pounds a day from oil. How is this happening? Presumably they are not running around the desert with trucks of money? (or maybe they are and bombing those trucks might be a good thing) or is the money going through financial institutions be they legitimate or otherwise?

And as above, the money that has been spent and is being spent could be put to better use IMHO, by offering proper support to countries that need it rather than bunging even more weapons around.

Something useful, could be a safe haven area that could be defended with force, after all we can put a boat in the gulf that has 3000 people on it, the logistics of that must be quite large.

Re the political thing on this thread, I don't really see it as overtly political as all the major parties have supported airstrikes.

Maybe I am being naive, but not to explore other options and long term solutions I think is daft in itself.
GT Courier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 15:02   #34
Lovel
I really should get out more.......

P6B, L550, Imp, F56, Commando

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Cut the jihadis oxygen supply off.

Starting with the BBC/SKY et all media fest/frenzy.

Here they go again. BBC minute by minute account on take offs and landings
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29438428

Almost telling the Nutters on the ground there when the bombers are coming. When are the media going to learn. "Careless talk costs lives"

Last edited by Lovel; 1st October 2014 at 15:15..
Lovel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 16:45   #35
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts
Red face Correct!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovel View Post
Here they go again. BBC minute by minute account on take offs and landings
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-29438428

Almost telling the Nutters on the ground there when the bombers are coming. When are the media going to learn. "Careless talk costs lives"
As you know my son is in the RAF. This stuff is close to home for me. At the moment he is safe and sound in Uk. However elements from his base have been seen on TV.
My wish, simply put, and perhaps selfish, is that our young men and women (particularly pilots at the moment) come home safe and well. Whether we agree with what they are being asked to do they are our forces and are now 'in harms way' so deserve our thoughts and support.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 18:51   #36
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

While on a bus tour in America when the 1st Iraq war going on i got talking to the bus driver who suprisingly for an American had the same thought as me instead of dropping bombs we should drop televisions so they can see what life in the rest of the world is like.Then they would not be so easily brainwashed by their so called leaders.But i think the root of the problem is that these leaders were put in charge by the western powers and they get too powerful so the people begin protesting about them,this when we start calling these people terrorists.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2014, 19:52   #37
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

I don't recall where I heard it but the long and the short of it was..The Middle East by and large is left to it's own devices, However if an uprising in ANY country may put the same idea into the general populous (or plebs if you will) of Saudi Arabia then all of a sudden the whole world gets involved with the blessing of the Saudi Royal family.

You know those (couple of thousand) odd family members wining & dining on yachts in the Cote d'Azur, racing horses and generally doing nothing but globetrot around the world spunking oil money and buying influence wherever they go..

But what do I know The fact that nothing happened and when it did the first thing on the news was 'Saudi Arabia and other countries support the action' just gives a little credence to the above comment imo..

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote