Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th November 2020, 20:30   #1
Al75

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Rover 75 specifications

I've only recently joined the Rover 75 club. I had a 2005 diesel connie 10 years ago and loved the car. I did almost 150,000 in it, with very few problems before I let it go. It was the best car I had owned. Now retired I decided to get another as a toy to cherish. The car I've bought is another 2005 low mileage diesel connie. What I've found odd, is the difference in specs. My new car doesn't have chrome mirror covers or wood steering wheel and different wheels. Having said that, my new one has cruise control and power fold mirrors, which my old car didn't have. The most surprising thing is while driving my new car Ive realised my reversing sensors weren't going off whilst reversing. On closer inspection I found there wasn't any sensors fitted. Never noticed when I bought it. It set me wondering, in 2005 at the very end of Rover production, did they just make do and fit the parts they had in stock? I've now fitted chrome mirrors covers and a wooden steering wheel but need to fit reversing sensors. Has anyone any advice on fitting them.
Thanks for reading my ramble
Al75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2020, 20:38   #2
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Welcome, I have two 2005/6 cars. one has no parking sensors but folding mirrors which are colour coded, the other parking sensors and but no folding mirrors which are chrome. The good thing is that parts are so often plug and play and so I got a car the same colour off ebay as a spares or repair and took the rear bumper and parking sensors from it.
I have heard it said that near the end they just fitted what they had

winters coming, if you have not got one get a fuel burning heater (FBH) it will make a nice edition to the car

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2020, 21:07   #3
Al75

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks for info, more or less confirms what I thought. At the risk of sounding a numpty what's fuel burner heater.....and what's the advantage in fitting one?
Old 29th November 2020, 21:16   #4
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al75 View Post
Thanks for info, more or less confirms what I thought. At the risk of sounding a numpty what's fuel burner heater.....and what's the advantage in fitting one?
Its a heater that runs on diesel and is great for warming the car up quickly (Or before you get in if you fit a remote or gsm controller)
Old 30th November 2020, 07:33   #5
Al75

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanks, will give it some thought.
Old 30th November 2020, 09:22   #6
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al75 View Post
Thanks, will give it some thought.
if you look just in front of your battery there will be some unused space for the heater.
If you have one but do not know what it look like, it looks like this
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/webasto-1...cAAOSwwGdfu-4c

This appears to be the correct one but be warned, there are some that look identical but have a different circuit board and will not work.
There are 3 parts that fail, cct board, glow plug and water pump. CCT board is not a problem, Devilish or frenchmike from this forum can repair them. Glow plugs are expensive new and I don't know about water pumps.
You will also need a dozing pump (fuel pump) which does not seem to be included with the one above, these too can be expensive if you have to buy new but a rusty second hand one is likely to be ok once painted.

"Easy" to fit, benefits the car as engine is warmed quickly so less wear and a more pleasant drive for you. There are lots of mods that can be done to the 75's but this is a I recommend for a diesel

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 30th November 2020, 13:54   #7
Edward Huggins
Avid contributor

Rover 75

My late March 2005 CDTi is descibed as a "Classic" version, but just about everything you can think of has been thrown inside of it making it almost as well specified as your average Connie. I must have been very lucky to find this one. And it was also built on my Birthday!
Edward Huggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st December 2020, 22:34   #8
dave1850
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward Huggins View Post
My late March 2005 CDTi is described as a "Classic" version, but just about everything you can think of has been thrown inside of it making it almost as well specified as your average Connie.
Yes I have a 2005 late March "Classic" with leather seats and other unexpected features for a "base" model. I have heard that some very last of line cars known as SVP models involved uprated Classic models but know little more.
dave1850 is offline   Reply With Quote