Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 19th February 2019, 13:25   #11
P-Nut
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190+

Some old lady asked if I could help her open her bonnet as the oil light was on at a petrol station, I helped her with that but also made sure she had enough oil and lets face it a warning light is almost too late. It didn't even register on the dipstick so I helped top that up and get the right grade from that petrol station, it made me late but I didn't mind, she claimed it was done recently so I suggested a trip to a garage for oil leaks.
Old 19th February 2019, 14:05   #12
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Not telling! I am a firm believer that in doing someone a favour or good turn doesn't need broadcasting to the whole world. It is an act of good in its own right and is between me and another party. No one else needs to know.
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 14:43   #13
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
Not telling! I am a firm believer that in doing someone a favour or good turn doesn't need broadcasting to the whole world. It is an act of good in its own right and is between me and another party. No one else needs to know.

I agree.

In your case, who was the person and was the reciprocal karma of sufficient satisfaction?
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 14:53   #14
Nick Greg
Posted a thing or two

Honda Insight Hybrid

Now thats a secret....
Nick Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 15:17   #15
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

In my local boozer one Saturday night a young lady and her boyfriend were in the other room and the lady was crying. They were on their way back from a wedding near Stratford on Avon and their car broke down. They lived in Hull and had no breakdown cover.
At home their dog had just given birth to some puppies in the kitchen but no neighbours had a key to pop in and see what was going on.
I had a little Vauxhall Nova all spruced up ready for sale in a garage next door so I kindly offered them the car to drive back to Hull and sort things out and to come on the Monday which was a bank holiday. They gave me their name and address and off they went.
They turned up on the Monday dinner time, 2 hours late, car covered in NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-, less fuel than when they were given it and gave me the keys said thanks and away they went.
£10 lees in fuel, £10 to have the car valeted at the local car wash and the risk of a speeding ticket coming in the post.
I just think that if it was my sister or someone I knew that was in the mire someone would do the same to a stranger in need.
Trikey and Marinabrian have done me more than enough for no payment over the years so maybe Ive been repaid!
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 17:23   #16
markypicks
Gets stuck in

rover 75 saloon cdt club se re map 160 bhp

i sort out the neighbours garden when its required to.. he cant do it anymore he is a strapping 91 years of age
markypicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 19:56   #17
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Greg View Post
That is true. I only mentioned something back last year. I have done further selfless deeds since the one I mentioned but as you know you ether do it and just feel good in yourself or bad sometimes
Old 19th February 2019, 23:09   #18
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Shall we start a thread on 'what bad things you have done'
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th February 2019, 23:47   #19
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Shall we start a thread on 'what bad things you have done'
Old 20th February 2019, 08:27   #20
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by coab View Post
In my local boozer one Saturday night a young lady and her boyfriend were in the other room and the lady was crying. They were on their way back from a wedding near Stratford on Avon and their car broke down. They lived in Hull and had no breakdown cover.
At home their dog had just given birth to some puppies in the kitchen but no neighbours had a key to pop in and see what was going on.
I had a little Vauxhall Nova all spruced up ready for sale in a garage next door so I kindly offered them the car to drive back to Hull and sort things out and to come on the Monday which was a bank holiday. They gave me their name and address and off they went.
They turned up on the Monday dinner time, 2 hours late, car covered in NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-, less fuel than when they were given it and gave me the keys said thanks and away they went.
£10 lees in fuel, £10 to have the car valeted at the local car wash and the risk of a speeding ticket coming in the post.
I just think that if it was my sister or someone I knew that was in the mire someone would do the same to a stranger in need.
Trikey and Marinabrian have done me more than enough for no payment over the years so maybe Ive been repaid!

Well, I'm shocked. A young couple with a dog about to give birth, drive from Hull to Stratford a one way trip of over 3 and 3/4 hours (unless you mean Stratford-on-Avon in which case 2 and 3/4 hours) for a wedding and back leaving no-one to look after the dog (pregnant bitch close to giving birth) for between 7 and 9 hours at least?! That is serious animal neglect. All sorts of life threatening complications could have arisen for a domestic dog giving birth. Reporting to the RSPCA and police would have been apropriate. Tbh I think you're lucky that they bought your car back at all rather than park it up and post you the keys!

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote