Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Overseas Club Members Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st June 2018, 13:53   #111
tomgraham
Regular poster

Rover 75 Club SE

PM sent today, 1/6/18
BKS-RO-75 originally registered as BP03XRV
tomgraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 08:09   #112
twitters

Rover 75 saloon + ( X type, Massey Tractor, Kangoo van Daimler V8 250)

Default Diagnostic kit in SW France

Hi, I have just purchased a Rover 75 diesel ( ex UK RHD ) and joined the forum.
I have very quickly started to find my way around the car after only 3 months ownership and about 100 Kms.
I have already regassed aircon, changed fan, full service, repaired squashed brake pipe, replace in tank fuel pump and have performance issues - the car will not go above 3000 rpm in any gear, but will reach about 3600 in neutral.
With good advice from Jules, I am about to check turbo spins and disconnect MAF sensor for comparison.

Also need to re-measure fuel pressure sensor voltage ( was low before changing pump ).
I live between Toulouse and Tarbes ( I see other members near Trie-sur-baisse / Auch etc ) and want to know if there is anywhere to get a diagnostic check done - within a reasonable distance.
I normally do all my own repairs, and have a reasonably good workshop ( tools and 4 post lift etc ) - just a keen and fairly experienced amateur ( is there a french word for amateur ? ). I do speak French pretty well - including a lot of technical terms.
twitters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 08:18   #113
Tasng4
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T 160

Well hello there, my MG ZT-T recently had problems and I bought a LHD Rover 75 2.0 CDT from Poucharramet (31370) near you and drove 600kms in one day, sans issue! Then the clutch failed.

Anyway I can't help with the full T4 diagnostic but I bought a Bluetooth OBD2 reader from Amazon/Ebay and downloaded the 'Torque' app for my phone and this allows you to see any error codes and reset them - total cost about 10€

I'm not an expert on these cars but there are plenty on here, I've always found answers o my questions and the 'sticky' help section is useful too.

It's better to have a gun and not need it than to need a gun and not have it.
Tasng4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th August 2018, 17:26   #114
ratchet
Posted a thing or two

ZT-T + CTDI

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitters View Post
just a keen and fairly experienced amateur ( is there a french word for amateur ? ).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jet29TQv2uA

BTW if you're new to the Rover 75 world have a search for Toaf - but make sure you research it fully before deciding whether to give it a go or not.

Last edited by ratchet; 30th August 2018 at 17:33..
ratchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st September 2018, 14:19   #115
twitters

Default success !!

Hi,
I have pursued the "fueling" idea with a lot of advice directly from member Jules.
There is a broken 75 not far away and yesterday I borrowed the fuel filter and the top housing / pressure sensor.
Fitted this am and now she goes - revs properly and drives like I think it should ( new to the car's actual performsnce but it feels about right ).

I will investigate further, but the likely problem is the fuel filter itself. Knowing the car needed a full service, I was in uk recently and bought all the neccessary items including fuel filter. When I fitted it, I noticed that it was nor exactly the same - having a water drain at the bottom. I thought this could be a useful facility / later version. It fits the screw thread ok.

I will check further to verify the filter top is not the cause, but others may be interested.
As a simple check, I had already measured the DC voltage from the pressure sensor, andwith ignition ON,engine not running, it was about 1 v. Elsewhere on the forum I had seen that it should be over 2v.
With the new / old filter and housing, there is now over 3 v - so in fact that simple test was a good pointer to the problem(s) - sure the tank pump had also failed but it looks like underbonnet pump is good!
Old 1st September 2018, 15:00   #116
twitters

Default follow on

Being rather euphoric about getting a result, I decided to complete the test to establish the culprit:-
IT IS THE FUEL FILTER - no question.

The one that works is a MAHLE 85C/1

The one that DOES NOT WORK is JCPREMIUM B3B0003PR which has the water drain at the bottom.

back in uk next week to "speak" to the Motor factor who supplied this filter AND also sold me the incorrect oil filter - which I did not discover until back in France!!!
Old 2nd November 2018, 21:24   #117
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by twitters View Post
Hi, I have just purchased a Rover 75 diesel ( ex UK RHD ) and joined the forum.
I have very quickly started to find my way around the car after only 3 months ownership and about 100 Kms.
I have already regassed aircon, changed fan, full service, repaired squashed brake pipe, replace in tank fuel pump and have performance issues - the car will not go above 3000 rpm in any gear, but will reach about 3600 in neutral.
With good advice from Jules, I am about to check turbo spins and disconnect MAF sensor for comparison.

Also need to re-measure fuel pressure sensor voltage ( was low before changing pump ).
I live between Toulouse and Tarbes ( I see other members near Trie-sur-baisse / Auch etc ) and want to know if there is anywhere to get a diagnostic check done - within a reasonable distance.
I normally do all my own repairs, and have a reasonably good workshop ( tools and 4 post lift etc ) - just a keen and fairly experienced amateur ( is there a french word for amateur? ). I do speak French pretty well - including a lot of technical terms.
I believe AMATEUR is French.-------
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th November 2018, 22:37   #118
njfarmer
Regular poster

MG ZT Saloon

Smile Lot et Garonne Dept 47

I live in dept 47 and have a Silver late 2004 MG ZT CDTI Saloon.
njfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th November 2018, 07:52   #119
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfarmer View Post
Mmmmh... Bourgougnague did you say ? Could have been worse !
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th December 2018, 19:46   #120
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by njfarmer View Post
Nouvelle Aquitaine--------So do I. Dept 79.
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote