Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 29th July 2018, 10:32   #11
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

Havnt got the size handy but they are the smallest galvanized teck screws you can get and think there used for metal roof trim bits.
Very small in length but have a large flat head
You will find you can remove the top black panel and undo the speaker cover and that will allow you to remove upholstered panel without removing the arm rest.
The hardest bits are trying to screw into the bottom pocket panel as there is very little thickness without the screw going through the panel.
I would suggest any re joining the bottom panel points be done buy re glueing
or re welding.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th March 2019, 18:13   #12
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Also, I got some more concerns, if I drill out the plastic rivets, what do the tek screws attach to when refitting the panels if the rivets are drilled out? Also, when refitting the panels, what is the size of the tek screws I should use? Is 12mm ok?
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th May 2019, 09:24   #13
Rsnail
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Saloon

Started with one of the rear doors because I think that they are easier, melted the plastic rivets round to spring them out, got the old material off, scraped the old orange deteriorated foam with a hard brush, washed the remains off with detergent, dried the panel completely with a hair drier (took almost half an hour lol) and then sprayed the new 110°C heat resistant glue on the door card, glued really well and the material is really hard glued in place, now I have to wait for the M3x16mm self tapping screws to arrive, bought 100 of those haha and also 100 M3x20mm washers to be able to screw the panels back in place, hope that the screws won't be too thich and too long for the job. Tried reglueing eith hot glue but as soon as the glue dried, it failed when just lifting the door panel. Will post pics afterwards, the job really takes a lot of time, didn't even screw the panel for 1 door in place and still took 3-4 hours for just one door
Rsnail is offline   Reply With Quote