Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th March 2019, 08:53   #11
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover600 View Post
Wow, super quick responses, thanks you!

The spec guide here seems to suggest the heated seats were standard on the Connie pre facelift, but post facelift they were only on the Connoisseur SE. Likewise standard on the Contemporary SE, but I can't see them mentioned for the Contemporary.

I assume that must have been part of the cost cutting measures to downgrade the standard specification.

Unfortunately the reg plate on it comes back as a brand new MG ZS in blue - I was told they had just bought one (hence the sale), so I'm assuming the private plate has been transferred and an age related one will be assigned, but I don't have that yet. Frustrating as I was trying to check the MOT history!

I think they show as an option on the SE, but not against the standard Contemporary - but I'm not sure how flexible Rover were with the options list?

Does the ECU still need recoding to make it work properly or is there a way around this - I've seen mention in a few threads that it will work in a limited fashion right from the off, but to get it to function as factory needs an ECU tweak?

Thanks again guys, the wealth of information on here is fantastic.
cruise does need T4 to work properly but until you get T4 you can work around it.

macafee2
macafee2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 18th March 2019, 20:31   #12
LeRich
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Cont SE 1.8T

Contemporary models are nicely if not highly specced. It will have a black interior with 'Summit' sports seats trimmed with faux 1/2 leather, 16" multi-spoke alloys, climate control, front fog lights and colour coded external trim in place of the chrome. It's not a common spec and is outnumbered by the superior Contemporary SE and similarly priced Connoisseur.
Old 19th March 2019, 09:51   #13
Rover600

Rover 600

Well I viewed the car,

Unfortunately not really as expected from the description I had.
I would say it was genuine enough, and not quite 61k but it looks to have been used as a run-around, and despite looking good in the pictures was tired on the bodywork and interior on closer inspection.

Driver’s seat bolster split.

A/C not cold.

Lines on instrument display.

Airbag warning light

Bathroom sealant around the rear screen.

The “service history” is from his friend, so not official, oil was low and “only gets changed every 2 years because it’s long life”

No cruise or heated seats, and the seats are what I would describe as half leather, rather than full.

It drove well enough, and the diesel pulled surprisingly well, although nowhere near as smooth as the V6 obviously.
So the hunt continues, but I think I’d rather have something with a few more miles if it is in better condition with the options that I’m after.
Rover600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2019, 20:05   #14
Jay
This is my second home

Small....Far away

Thanked 2,060 Times in 1,194 Posts

Sounds like £500 tops or much less from your insightful reply
I can believe someone would have paid more than that
Jay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 00:17   #15
Rogue
I really should get out more.......

75 CDT SE 160 Saloon

Thanked 1,096 Times in 774 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rover600 View Post
Well I viewed the car,

Unfortunately not really as expected from the description I had.
I would say it was genuine enough, and not quite 61k but it looks to have been used as a run-around, and despite looking good in the pictures was tired on the bodywork and interior on closer inspection.

Driver’s seat bolster split.

A/C not cold.

Lines on instrument display.

Airbag warning light

Bathroom sealant around the rear screen.

The “service history” is from his friend, so not official, oil was low and “only gets changed every 2 years because it’s long life”

No cruise or heated seats, and the seats are what I would describe as half leather, rather than full.

It drove well enough, and the diesel pulled surprisingly well, although nowhere near as smooth as the V6 obviously.
So the hunt continues, but I think I’d rather have something with a few more miles if it is in better condition with the options that I’m after.

If you get a diesel don't worry too much about the mileage. I'm on 173k, still driving fine, and that is considered low compared to some on here

Glutton for punishment --- Previously ... 2.6 SD1 x 2, 3.5 SD1, 820S, 820Si x2, 216 Gsi, 220T saloon, 414, 45 1.4 x2 and now a Cowley 75 CDT
Rogue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd March 2019, 04:13   #16
victorgte
I really should get out more.......

MGTF, MGZT, Range Rover

Mileage and condition don’t always follow as you have hinted. I’ve seen cars 100k apart and you would only want the higher miles one.
There are some real crackers out there right now for little money. Don’t rush and one will suddenly appear. My 2 V6 cars came to me that way and so did the Streetwise. The MGTF was the one I searched for and I paid strong money for it simply because the owner had paid good money to get everything done and it showed. Good luck and if I see a good one I’ll PM you.