Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 24th April 2018, 15:39   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default customer service

To me good customer service is vital, when things go wrong it may not be that things have gone wrong but how a company deals with it that becomes the main issue.

BT, now I did 35 years with this company and as an employer I think they looked after me but when it comes to customer service they are the worst of any company I deal with. They don't give updates on time, don't call back, don't reply in a timely fashion if they replay to emails.

Local carpet company that people speak highly of, came out to quote for a carpet but the wife had to chase for the quote.
carpet laid, wall paper, paint and varnish damaged and carpet faulty... carpet not their fault. Rang yesterday for an update and was told I'd get a call back. I did not so rang again, got an update and asked for a further update by 4pm today. No update so I called them, the person I spoke to gave the impression that if I got an update by 5 it was not an issue. Well it king is an issue.

why oh why can companies and or their staff not do what they say they will do? They represent the company and their actions can speak volumes about the company.

I dealt with complaints in my role with BT...Openreach to be exact, I made sure the customer got an update even if it was to say there is no update, they were given my full name and phone number so they could come direct to me. I would calenderise issues so I did not miss sending the customer an update. if I was going to be off I made sure someone else was given the task of dealing and the customer knew who it was. I took all the time I needed to get an update, never just gave up at the first hurdle
I wanted the customer to have been pleased to have dealt with me, I wanted them to trust me and for me to be trustworthy.

some companies just don't seem to care

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 17:01   #2
Darcydog
This is my second home

Thanked 3,170 Times in 2,096 Posts

Ssssssssh! You may be OK criticising a carpet company !!!! But it’s a brave man who has a pop at BT on here.........
Darcydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 17:11   #3
Darcydog
This is my second home

On a serious note - when it comes to carpets - we buy from a carpet wholesaler and have an independent fitter.

We two have in the past been sucked into deals in the “Carpetright/wrong” and regretted it.

We genuinely find using local tradesguys - like carpet fitters - who have been personally recommended and of course they know where to buy the best carpet as they don’t want to fit rubbish.
Old 24th April 2018, 18:48   #4
mileshawk56
Posted a thing or two

MGZT

BT? are they an affiliate of British Gas then? Chris S.
mileshawk56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 19:49   #5
jackatesme
This is my second home

rover 75 saloon.Renault Captur 1.5 diesel.

Thanked 1,242 Times in 702 Posts

After my complaints about B.T. in the past,now need to compliment them.
Have had trouble with connection dropping off the last few weeks,phoned them Friday,engineer called today fixed outside loose wire. Download speed up from 9.1 to 54.
3,021 of 4,744 Connie SE
239 of 1.685 Platinum Gold.
"Maralyn": Platinum Blonde,Troublesome,Unpredictable.
jackatesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th April 2018, 20:10   #6
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
To me good customer service is vital, when things go wrong it may not be that things have gone wrong but how a company deals with it that becomes the main issue.

BT, now I did 35 years with this company and as an employer I think they looked after me but when it comes to customer service they are the worst of any company I deal with. They don't give updates on time, don't call back, don't reply in a timely fashion if they replay to emails.

Local carpet company that people speak highly of, came out to quote for a carpet but the wife had to chase for the quote.
carpet laid, wall paper, paint and varnish damaged and carpet faulty... carpet not their fault. Rang yesterday for an update and was told I'd get a call back. I did not so rang again, got an update and asked for a further update by 4pm today. No update so I called them, the person I spoke to gave the impression that if I got an update by 5 it was not an issue. Well it king is an issue.

why oh why can companies and or their staff not do what they say they will do? They represent the company and their actions can speak volumes about the company.

I dealt with complaints in my role with BT...Openreach to be exact, I made sure the customer got an update even if it was to say there is no update, they were given my full name and phone number so they could come direct to me. I would calenderise issues so I did not miss sending the customer an update. if I was going to be off I made sure someone else was given the task of dealing and the customer knew who it was. I took all the time I needed to get an update, never just gave up at the first hurdle
I wanted the customer to have been pleased to have dealt with me, I wanted them to trust me and for me to be trustworthy.

some companies just don't seem to care

macafee2
Its the way of the world nowadays Ian, no one does their job properly in big companies, and no one gives a //it either. They have the monopoly and aren't bothered. Its all wrong though, as business is all built on reputation.
Old 24th April 2018, 20:16   #7
Darcydog
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackatesme View Post
After my complaints about B.T. in the past,now need to compliment them.
Have had trouble with connection dropping off the last few weeks,phoned them Friday,engineer called today fixed outside loose wire. Download speed up from 9.1 to 54.
Excellent - that is what we should all be saying about our experiences - it is a great shame that this is not the case.
Old 24th April 2018, 20:38   #8
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
Ssssssssh! You may be OK criticising a carpet company !!!! But it’s a brave man who has a pop at BT on here.........

Keep at it Clive.

It must be a disappointment that three full hours since the post, and the mutual appreciation society has not yet come out to congratulate you on another excellent and thoroughly rational bit of writing.

Must be feeling a bit lonely.
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 14:44   #9
yelnats
Avid contributor

MGZT-T CDTI+135 AUTO

Ongoing saga with Anglian Home 'Improvements' - 2 No 1200 x 1200 windows fitted 13-10-16,sealed units faulty,11 visits later(yes 11) still not right,awaiting 12th attempt.. Unbelievable ?
yelnats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 15:07   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
Keep at it Clive.

It must be a disappointment that three full hours since the post, and the mutual appreciation society has not yet come out to congratulate you on another excellent and thoroughly rational bit of writing.

Must be feeling a bit lonely.
??????

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote