Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 31st May 2017, 00:07   #31
75 tinkerer
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer

For the PCF7930.
75 tinkerer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 07:58   #32
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

I bought a new fob and blank blade a few months ago, it came with two tiny chips, what are they all about??
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 11:08   #33
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

If the chips are small rectangular shaped they will be blank chips which may need coding to your Ews module.
genpk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st May 2017, 15:53   #34
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by genpk View Post
If the chips are small rectangular shaped they will be blank chips which may need coding to your Ews module.
In that case they would need to be soldered to the circuit board, good job I don`t need them, would not fancy that delicate work.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2018, 09:39   #35
gatherp

Rover 75 Saloon

Post Need some advice

I've just acquired a 2004 face-lift Rover 75 2.0 diesel (the reason I've only just registered), and one of the things I forgot to check was whether the single Valeo key (which remote opens and starts the car OK) actually operates the drivers door lock. It doesn't.

I suppose that at some point, the drivers lock has been replaced, but not the ignition.

I need to get a second key, but if I use the existing key as a template for the blade, I still won't be able to open the door, so I will also have to definitely get the remote programmed in.

I did find in the depths of the spare wheel well a Rover 'card' (more like stiff paper) with a 8 digit (IIRC) key code on it, which I am guessing is the key code for the car.

So I suppose I have two main questions and some subsidiary ones.

Firstly, if I buy a new or refurbished key, what do I need to be able to get both the immobilizer and the remote operating (I am some distance from any of the T4 operators, but I can probably travel a bit to get to one)? Would having the code help getting a new key, and is there any way of checking that it is the correct code for the car?

Second, is there a better way to get a key that fits both the ignition and door locks than buying a matched set of lock barrels and their associated keys or key blades, with all the additional hassle of the immobilizer and remote programming?

I have been reading the forums, and I really appreciate the expertise demonstrated here, but rather than trying to guess a best course of action, from other people's posts, I thought I would get a more certain answer from people who know.

Thanks.

Peter.

Last edited by gatherp; 23rd April 2018 at 09:43.. Reason: Improve clarity of questions
gatherp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 14:23   #36
slovcan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer CDT MK2 manual in Glorious Grey

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatherp View Post
I've just acquired a 2004 face-lift Rover 75 2.0 diesel (the reason I've only just registered), and one of the things I forgot to check was whether the single Valeo key (which remote opens and starts the car OK) actually operates the drivers door lock. It doesn't.

I suppose that at some point, the drivers lock has been replaced, but not the ignition.

I need to get a second key, but if I use the existing key as a template for the blade, I still won't be able to open the door, so I will also have to definitely get the remote programmed in.

I did find in the depths of the spare wheel well a Rover 'card' (more like stiff paper) with a 8 digit (IIRC) key code on it, which I am guessing is the key code for the car.

So I suppose I have two main questions and some subsidiary ones.

Firstly, if I buy a new or refurbished key, what do I need to be able to get both the immobilizer and the remote operating (I am some distance from any of the T4 operators, but I can probably travel a bit to get to one)? Would having the code help getting a new key, and is there any way of checking that it is the correct code for the car?

Second, is there a better way to get a key that fits both the ignition and door locks than buying a matched set of lock barrels and their associated keys or key blades, with all the additional hassle of the immobilizer and remote programming?

I have been reading the forums, and I really appreciate the expertise demonstrated here, but rather than trying to guess a best course of action, from other people's posts, I thought I would get a more certain answer from people who know.

Thanks.

Peter.
I guess being a MK2 it only has the one exterior lock? No passenger door or trunk lock? Surely a locksmith can re-key your lock to your existing key?

Cheers,
Glenn

Anything can happen in Formula 1 and usually does - Murray Walker

1999 Triumph Trophy 900, Saddlesore 1600, Iron Butt Riders Association #63720

2005 Rover 75 CDT Tourer MK2
slovcan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th April 2018, 23:43   #37
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

From what i gather, your issue is the mk2 has one exterior door lock and that lock is not the same as your ignition lock?
If your car is running you obviously have the right key with the right coded chip in it.
Does your remote locking work ?
If not may be the lock actuators are faulty ?
As mentioned previously, if your not near t4 machine
you can use the Toaf program as one of the earlier versions
allows you to code existing keys (thanks to marinabrian cracking it) to the car which would allow the locking system to work .
But this will not start the car as you need to code a new chip to the ews module
to enable the starting sequence.
Failing all this, as mentioned , you could change both locks to the same, swap the chip and board from your existing key,
Old 25th October 2021, 12:27   #38
beirnecol

Rover 75 saloon

Default EWS Key Coding

Am having issues writing a key into the EWS, the remote works via TOAF as does the blade newly cut. I'm using the BMW EWS Lite and can wrote a key, have read back the key and it has all the relevant info for my car vin, KM, etc. The key is listed as key no 3 with the variable as FFF.... However whenever I try to use the key to start the car nothing! My other key key 2 works fine. Any ideas or pointers welcome.
beirnecol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th October 2021, 12:43   #39
genpk
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon MGZT

been some time since i have done key coding but i do remember coding a key i had and it was entered on the EWS and Bcu but it would just not work.
I came to the conclusion the key was faulty.