Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 16th July 2011, 14:55   #1
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Default Dirty fuel syndrome

We get many calls from owners of tuned and standard Rover diesels because their garage cannot diagnose various engine problems such as rough running, hesitation, poor performance, bad idling, cutting out etc. There are usually no fault codes or occasionally a fuel pressure one and all the usual suspects like maf, stuck egr etc have been discounted.
Often the problems start shortly after refuelling and this is particularly common when holidaying in France where the biodiesel content has been much greater for some years.

The cure is to replace the fuel filter and use a strong dose of injector cleaner or half a bottle of Millers Eco-max fuel additive. (You'll need to keep changing the filter very regularly until your system is clean.)

The cause is down to the increased bio diesel content of diesel sold on some forecourts. If you think I'm making this up check out Millers website, especially the photos of fuel filters.

There is more on my website here:

http://tuning-diesels.com/fuelprobs.htm

Ron

PS I also forgot to mention the effect on engine wear due to oil contamination....