Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 24th February 2010, 10:11   #1
mowog

2004 ROVER 75 CDTi AUTO CONNOISSEUR SE TOURER

Default Maf Sensor spec ?

Hi, have just bought a maf sensor off ebay for my 2004 cdti tourer, when it arrived had a quick look at it , but it does not have a resistor? thyristor ? wired between pins on side . I seem to recollect that the one in my car has this but dont want to pull it all apart just to confirm . Can anyone confirm that this is so , Have tried finding a image on forum but without luck
mowog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th February 2010, 11:15   #2
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

IIRC the Pierburg is similar in having no resistor showing so it may be fine. If it was sold for the 75/ZT then it should, theoretically, be for the 75/ZT.

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 08:35   #3
mowog

I dont think its a pierburg, can anyone who has actually taken their maf out confirm my recollection on the fitment of that external thyristor? Or help me out with a picture of the side view ?
Old 25th February 2010, 10:14   #4
Matt1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer

If it is a genuine part then it would have Bosch F00C2G2029 stamped on it, and a temperature sensor built in.
See here:
http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/Defau...&ProductID=606

If not then it is a pattern part, that almost certainly will not do the same job, or last very long.

The temperature sensor part is extremely important, and only a particular Pierburg model will work without one, and then only alongside a maf compensator which has a seperate temperature sensor (MAFAM or SYNERGY 2).

Matt

Last edited by Matt1960; 25th February 2010 at 13:02.. Reason: mistyped wrong digit on part number
Matt1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2010, 12:09   #5
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by mowog View Post
Hi, have just bought a maf sensor off ebay for my 2004 cdti tourer, when it arrived had a quick look at it , but it does not have a resistor? thyristor ? wired between pins on side . I seem to recollect that the one in my car has this but dont want to pull it all apart just to confirm . Can anyone confirm that this is so , Have tried finding a image on forum but without luck
A lot of the ones on Ebay are not the right part. I think some sellers assume that if it looks like the the right one, it will be be!

Even the part sold by Intermotor/SMP Europe isn't right. They show the 75/ZT/Td4 using the same part no that they sell for the BMW cars.
BMWs never have used the same sensor as the 75/Zt/Td4. This probably why so many owners have problems when using the Xpart one (reboxed Intermotor)

Ron
Old 25th February 2010, 13:04   #6
mowog

Thanks very much for the info , will now go for refund as its not as desc for 75 .