Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 18th September 2019, 15:53   #11
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
You'll see it once you do that Derek. Just follow back the two brake lines running under the floorpan on the driver's side as Phil has said and you can't miss it.

I'm going to offer you my guide to brake pipe renewal as I think it will save you asking a lot of questions.

Simon
Hi Simon...Along with the other members, just cannot thank you enough. Have printed off your detailed description of pipe renewal, it has already given me info that I wasn't aware of.Im going for copper as they are already made up for the 75 ,nothing much to do other than fight to get the old ones off,and replace as tidily as possible with replacement pipes (I hope).I should state ,to save a few anxious members, that due to my health situation I have "acquired" an ex Rover fitter who now does all my strenuous work for £60 per day, which I think is quite reasonable, and he doesn't drag the jobs out.
I have to say I have been with the Forum a fair old while now, through both diesel and petrol and not once have I ever been let down. Which I think states a lot for our Forum,so thank you once again
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Caskin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 15:56   #12
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Imagine where your heel rests.on the floor when pressing the brake/accelerator pedal, it is more or less below that on the underside of the floor.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
That's excellent placing of component, the car will be up on ramps tomorrow and hopefully it will spring into view Thanks again Derek
Purchased 52 plate V6 connie Wedgewood blue,one owner,42000 on clock ,Virtually pristine.2017 service,new Goodyear tyres,Discs and pads all round,new battery,New cam and timing belts (3rd fitting in life of car),plus full normal service.exhaust 2016.First mod was to bonnet catch .Latest mod,triple heart pace maker. All brake lines changed for copper, all brake hoses changed for Pagid hoses.
Old 19th September 2019, 15:02   #13
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil-T4 View Post
The union is on the drivers side, follow the 2 underfloor brake lines towards the front of the car, as they turn up at the firewall the union is located there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
Imagine where your heel rests.on the floor when pressing the brake/accelerator pedal, it is more or less below that on the underside of the floor.

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
You'll see it once you do that Derek. Just follow back the two brake lines running under the floorpan on the driver's side as Phil has said and you can't miss it.

I'm going to offer you my guide to brake pipe renewal as I think it will save you asking a lot of questions.

Simon
Found it!!
God bless the forum members, once on ramps relatively easy to find, in fact on my vehicle the exact position was as stated, Drivers side, directly above the drivers side engine tray rear securing tab!
Order now made for brake pipes and will get it under way next week. Thanks again Regards Derek
Old 30th September 2019, 17:48   #14
Caskin
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 tourer

Hi Simon have just PM with question from my tame "fitter" Regards Derek
Old 30th September 2019, 18:58   #15
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

I have replied Derek.

Simon