Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th March 2007, 11:25   #41
MacRy

Rover 75

Update is that the bearings do need doing and I will be getting in touch with you later on in the year to book it in for that along with the cambelts. Need to save up a few pennies first though.

Clive and I went out for a run in the old girl with the diagnostic doodah plugged in to see if he could find out why I was experiencing a feeling of it missfiring at 70mph. Unfortunately (or maybe that should be fortunately) everything was on the money with no missfires and nothing showing up out of the ordinary. Clive had a thought that it might be a dodgy tyre so he swapped back to front and it does seem to be marginally better although that may be psychological on my part. I'm going to replace all of the tyres to see if it eliminates the problem.

Clive was very good about the whole thing and once again, thanks for putting me on to him. You get the business next time for the springs and belts I promise
MacRy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2007, 21:26   #42
Lates
This is my second home

Jaguar XE

I am pleased that the misfire has kinda moved if that makes sense.I did pop in to borrow T4 for another 75 over in Rugby while your car was there and noticed the tyre conditions ( although not knackered I hasten to add ) and the wear patterns.We both "clicked" at the same time and suggested the front to back trick to see what differences would be had.

Keep us upto date when your put some different tyres on mate so we can put the symptoms to bed so to speak. I do also add for other viewers of this thread the symptoms described by yourself and clive do not normally indicate tyre noises.

Shock top bearings the last I heard were on back order with no release dates so watch this space as they say. Take care,
Lates is offline   Reply With Quote