Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 16th July 2011, 09:57   #1
Dave-M
Avid contributor

ZT-T 135

Default ACR scanner

Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with advice on application pods for the Sykes-Pickavant ACR code reader?

I know that the MG Rover V4 pod (3035320) will work with all the ECU's but I've been told it will only work with the ACR4 handset (I've got an ACR2).
I've also been told that the V3 pod (30350800) will work with the older ACR2 handset and will talk to engine ECU's on 'vehicles upto 2003'.

Obviously the best route would be to upgrsde to an ACR4, but a new handset and V4 pod will be expensive, whereas a V3 pod will be around £20!

So...

Can anyone confirm that the V4 pod is ACR4 only, or does it work ok on the ACR2?
Has anybody used the V3 pod on a 2003 ZT diesel - does it work OK and will it clear service lights?

Thanks in advance!
Dave-M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 12:36   #2
robdrinkwater

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-M View Post
Hi guys,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with advice on application pods for the Sykes-Pickavant ACR code reader?

I know that the MG Rover V4 pod (3035320) will work with all the ECU's but I've been told it will only work with the ACR4 handset (I've got an ACR2).
I've also been told that the V3 pod (30350800) will work with the older ACR2 handset and will talk to engine ECU's on 'vehicles upto 2003'.

Obviously the best route would be to upgrsde to an ACR4, but a new handset and V4 pod will be expensive, whereas a V3 pod will be around £20!

So...

Can anyone confirm that the V4 pod is ACR4 only, or does it work ok on the ACR2?
Has anybody used the V3 pod on a 2003 ZT diesel - does it work OK and will it clear service lights?

Thanks in advance!
I think that is true, all the later pods on the SP ACR system require the four line handset, otherwise they cannot display on the screen. Without going through the list I couldn't tell you if the derv is covered on the V3 pod or not.

Regards, Rob.
robdrinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 14:57   #3
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrinkwater View Post
I think that is true, all the later pods on the SP ACR system require the four line handset, otherwise they cannot display on the screen. Without going through the list I couldn't tell you if the derv is covered on the V3 pod or not.

Regards, Rob.
I understood from SP that you can use the 2 line units but just have to scroll down to see the other lines.

If I find my SP catalogue I'll check to see if the v3 does cover the 75/ZT.
Ron
Old 16th July 2011, 16:05   #4
robdrinkwater

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverron View Post
I understood from SP that you can use the 2 line units but just have to scroll down to see the other lines.

If I find my SP catalogue I'll check to see if the v3 does cover the 75/ZT.
Ron

I was told a while back that the pods up to about 2004ish were all 2 & 4 line compatible, but all the later pods need to run on a 4 line handset as it's not just the fact there are 4 lines, but each line is longer as well, with the display now being able to show four lines of live data, whereas the ACR2 only showed one live data value as the description was on one line & the actual value on the other.

Regards, Rob.
robdrinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th July 2011, 16:24   #5
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by robdrinkwater View Post
I was told a while back that the pods up to about 2004ish were all 2 & 4 line compatible, but all the later pods need to run on a 4 line handset as it's not just the fact there are 4 lines, but each line is longer as well, with the display now being able to show four lines of live data, whereas the ACR2 only showed one live data value as the description was on one line & the actual value on the other.

Regards, Rob.
I can't argue with that as my info was from about 2005-6 and things will have moved on since.

ron