Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 25th March 2011, 08:59   #11
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by soapy View Post
Will this bypass valve fit the M47 engine as i believe its the same as the land rover TD4 engine.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Land-Rover-Fre...item3a643cd6e2
Just make sure the feedback is good as some of them are a poor fit. The exhaust supply must be blanked off properly and without straining the flexipipe which will break if the fit is poor.

Ron
Old 25th March 2011, 10:24   #12
soapy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Contemporary Diesel Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverron View Post
Just make sure the feedback is good as some of them are a poor fit. The exhaust supply must be blanked off properly and without straining the flexipipe which will break if the fit is poor.

Ron
Will do ron cheers mate.

Joseph Stalin.
soapy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 15:11   #13
gazzati
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Hi matey, and thanks for the tyre. I got my bypass form this guy......

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Rover-75-ZT-Di...item3a644a4360

Good fit, nice guy, fast delivery. Might not be the cheapest, but looks OEM which was my aim and is a quality made item.

Gaz

gazzati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 15:25   #14
MARKUK
Gets stuck in

ROVER 75 2.0 CD DIESEL

Be interested in knowing what y ou think the engines runs like after the bypass.

I cleaned mine earlier this year rather than go for the bypass...

Also, as it's classed a modification, have you informed your insurrance ( & Warranty if you have one ) and did they make a charge ?..

Cheers

*** NO TMC MOD KITS AVAILABLE !! ***

See the TMC / RADIO VIDEOS HERE....

Send me an Email HERE….

Signup for Sugarsync HERE..

http://sincemylastcigarette.com/bann...GBP_5_dark.png

MARKUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2011, 16:55   #15
gazzati
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARKUK View Post
Be interested in knowing what y ou think the engines runs like after the bypass.

I cleaned mine earlier this year rather than go for the bypass...

Also, as it's classed a modification, have you informed your insurrance ( & Warranty if you have one ) and did they make a charge ?..

Cheers
TBH I did a few mods at the same time, service items and changed the injectors. It does pull alot stronger now, but how much credit goes to the EGR bypass is not known. On the insurance side of things, I have a traders which covers all motor vehicles including performance and modified, so I am well covered That is a point worth noting though, as pointed out, insurance should be notified, whether you do or not is up to the individual.

Gaz

Old 25th March 2011, 22:29   #16
hinged_bap
Gets stuck in

75 CDT Conn SE Auto saloon

i didn't bother with an egr bypass, i removed the old one, cleaned it ( it was caked in gunge), and then pinched the vacuum pipe spigot in a vice. On refitting I just pushed the hose back onto the spigot, worked a treat. She passed teh mot yesterday with this so no emission problems either.
hinged_bap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 00:24   #17
uvs166
Regular poster

Rover 75 Connoisseur CDT Tourer

I have recently fitted a bypass and if there was any improvement over just a good clean and blank off it was not vast. whilst changing it over i was looking at the sizes and dont think that you are going to get a great deal more air through as other restrictions in the air ways, bends, intercooler and intake manifold all add up but taking one slight restriction out must help. I did notice quite a big improvement when I cleaned the thing before the bypass arived. Maybe I now need to do something with the actual air intake as that does seem quite small. I havent measured any cross sectional areas to see exactly where the main restrictions are. Has anybody else actually done this?
As for the keeping it looking stock, The EGR is hidden under the engine cover. So you are not going to notice any difference just by lifting the bonnet.
Malc.
uvs166 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2011, 10:15   #18
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Jaguar X Type 2.2 SE Diesel estate Mem No789

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvpcop View Post
Yeh i'd get one as cheap as possible....its after all just a pipe welded to a plate. I saw one on ebay a while ago that made all these wild claims about its flow dynamics, blah blah blah....what tosh because as soon as the air enters the inlet manifold it will end up going all over the place anyway.

Im going to try cutting/drilling the internals out of my egr soon becuase...A. im tight and B. im tight

Did mine mate.

I have done a mod to the EGR , ie taking the guts out of it .
I must say it is a good easy job to undertake [about 2-3hrs and some metal filler]
Total cost is the metal filler .
Must admit that I had a spare EGF to play with thanks to another member contributing it
When fitted I will have my own spare so I will do the same to that one and sell/exchange [£20 +P&P]to any member who doesn't want to pay silly money for a fancy tube.

The bolt fitted to the centre of the ex vacuum chamber is removable so at a later date a vacuum gauge can be fitted it this point if required.
Not quite as pretty as the 40-odd pound jobbies but it does the job and to cap it all Ive done it myself!!!!!!!!
Old 26th March 2011, 10:22   #19
johnwh74
Posted a thing or two

mg zt & Bmw 528i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverron View Post

Ron
Im Sure Simon (Sikelsh) wont mind me saying but i fitted one yesterday to one of his vehicles and i was pleasantly suprised by the quality of the one he purchased.

The machining, the welding and the finish was fantastic. Fitted like a glove.
I have fitted a few of these and some have been not so good a quality.

I am sure Simon will reveal his supplier if bribed nicely
Old 26th March 2011, 17:36   #20
gazzati
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by uvs166 View Post
As for the keeping it looking stock, The EGR is hidden under the engine cover. So you are not going to notice any difference just by lifting the bonnet.
Malc.
I know it's under the engine cover, but I don't want a bright silver shiny thing staring at me everytime I remove it Also my car has spent the last month without the engine cover fitted while I do items as I have the time, so it would of stood out like a sore thumb had it been stainless. My preferences, SOAPY may prefer a shiny silver one