Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 15th February 2011, 18:14   #1
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Default REMAPS for the CDT/CDTI

Just to let everyone know that as well as the Synergy 2a/e, we can also remap your cdt/cdti for £199.

You can choose either or both, or if you already have a Synergy 1 or 2 a or e fitted, a remap can be done as well. (You would use settings 1/2 or 6/7 on the Synergy)

The above price applies within a 50mile radius of NE22 7DD provided there are two or more vehicles to do at the same location.

We are also considering arranging 'meets' in a few locations if there are enough owners who wish to have their 75 or ZT remapped.
Our initial thoughts are:
Tyneside, Leeds, Edinburgh, possibly Hull or Lincoln.
We'd need a minimum of 4 to make it worth doing at £199 each.
Please pm me if you are interested.

A remap will take a Synergy 2 equipped engine to around 165bhp, or about 150 without a Synergy fitted (regardless of whether its a cdt or cdti).

Special price available for anyone who wants a Synergy 2, Pierburgh maf and remap.

Ron

Last edited by Roverron; 25th February 2011 at 13:09..
Roverron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th February 2011, 13:08   #2
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

I just want to make it clear that the £199 is a special price for club members and applies when you bring the vehicle to us and leave it for a couple of hours. Normal remapping charge is £295.

PLEASE BEAR IN MIND THAT WE ARE NORMALLY BOOKED UP 2WEEKS IN ADVANCE AND DO NOT WORK SUNDAYS. (otherwise divorce proceedings would result!) SO PLEASE DO NOT GET ON YOUR HIGH HORSE WHEN WE CANNOT CANCEL OTHER JOBS TO FIT YOU IN AT SHORT NOTICE.

The £199 mobile service is available when several members get together in one location.
For single remaps, the cost is £249 within a 50mile radius of HQ.

Ron

PS if weren't good at what we do, we wouldn't be so busy.......
Old 3rd March 2011, 23:47   #3
Leander
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer CDT 02, Connoisseur SE in Royal Blue Pearlescent + XPower Upgrade & Synergy 2

Hi Ron,

I have one of your wonderful little boxes on my 02, and I have a few questions about your remaps if I may.

1) Given that cars lose some bhp as they get older, does the age of the car affect how close you get to the advertised figure of 165bhp?

2) Do you have any way of checking the final bhp figure (it would be nice to know)?

3) I see that you advise using the synergy on a setting of 6/7 with a remap.
Is that to protect the clutch, or is there another reason?

4) Do you see or expect any improvement in mpg? I ask because I would have thought that greater torque might let you get into higher gears quicker - or am I misunderstanding?

5) As you can probably guess, I'm particularly interested in low down torque - is there much improvement in that department?

6) If it's not a stupid question, what is the difference between your remap and the xpower upgrade - apart from the better numbers?

Finally, I might be up for a group remap with discount, either in Leeds, or in north Lancashire if we can get a gang of four together.

Thanks for your time on this.

Cheers
Leander

Last edited by Leander; 4th March 2011 at 00:00..
Leander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th March 2011, 08:24   #4
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leander View Post
Hi Ron,

I have one of your wonderful little boxes on my 02, and I have a few questions about your remaps if I may.

1) Given that cars lose some bhp as they get older, does the age of the car affect how close you get to the advertised figure of 165bhp?

2) Do you have any way of checking the final bhp figure (it would be nice to know)?

3) I see that you advise using the synergy on a setting of 6/7 with a remap.
Is that to protect the clutch, or is there another reason?

4) Do you see or expect any improvement in mpg? I ask because I would have thought that greater torque might let you get into higher gears quicker - or am I misunderstanding?

5) As you can probably guess, I'm particularly interested in low down torque - is there much improvement in that department?

6) If it's not a stupid question, what is the difference between your remap and the xpower upgrade - apart from the better numbers?

Finally, I might be up for a group remap with discount, either in Leeds, or in north Lancashire if we can get a gang of four together.

Thanks for your time on this.

Cheers
Leander
Hello Leander,
1) The figure quoted is approximate - no reputable company will quote an absolute figure though we can tweak the file to give more or less*.

2) You'd need to visit a dyno BEFORE having it remapped and then again afterwards to know how much torque and power gain was produced. But as this only gives you full throttle results, it tells you nothing about the driveability, throttle response, so we prefer you to judge by driving the car.

3) Turning the Synergy down is usually to avoid smoke as the remap takes over from the Synergy as the revs rise. If you are concerned about the clutch, you may also want to reduce the setting, but ultimately, your right foot regulates the torque!

4)There maybe some further improvment but with a Synergy 2 you should be able to change up soon enough anyway. The remap itself can help the efficiency as the injection timing may be altered beneficially. (my 75 pulled from 1000rpm by gradually opening the throttle and strongly from about 15-1600rpm. Below 1500rpm the turbo is less effective so lack of air limits the very low down torque as too much fuel will be evident as smoke)

5)There is improved smoothness and low down torque but most owners find that the results are modest at low rpm compared to a Synergy 2. The main reason for a remap when a Synergy 1/2 is fitted to boost the performance over 2500-3000rpm.

6)The XPower upgrade is a mild remap. Some remapping companies aren't aware of this and are advertising different figures for the cdt and cdti as though their remap will ADD to the cdti's 130bhp. BOTH vehicles will end up with the same bhp after a third party remap.

* I'm sure you appreciate that there are remaps and there are remaps. the results are entirely down to the skill of the person modifying the engine ecu's firmware. We use a very experienced tuner and he can tweak the file to whatever our customer requires. For example, we did an Audi petrol turbo but the remap made it too throttle sensitive so the file was altered and the remap re-installed. (there are many many parameters that can be altered)

For trucks, the owners want fuel economy so the torque is boosted modestly to reduce gearchanges but peak bhp isn't increased and we see about 10-12% - the same as with our Econotune module.

So there are good, bad and indifferent remaps and it pays to go to someone with experience.
Leeds is possible for a meet if there are 2 or more vehicles.
Ron