Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th September 2010, 21:05   #11
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissifer1972 View Post
I do appreciate that you have done a great deal to assist CDT(i) owners in improving the performance of their cars, indeed I have a synergy 2, and it is a wonderful piece of kit but surely you must agree fitting the correct part is always preferable.
I have no problem with owners fitting the oem part, but £80 will not buy you one.

Bosch's website warns about counterfeit parts....

The problem with them is that you cannot rely on them working exactly as the Bosch one does nor being as reliable. So if you fit one and the performance is still not right, you will be inclined to look for another cause (eg the Synergy etc). For this reason I also do not recommend any other mafs.

I'd more than happy to sell only Synergy 1s and the Bosch maf if I could get them for £40 (the price the seller of the £80 ones will be paying for them).
Indeed anyone is welcome to buy a Synergy 1 for £149 instead of a Synergy 2 and sort out their own maf problems. Just do this before you fit the Synergy please!

So the reason for the Synergy 2 and Pierburgh is that together these cost about the same as a genuine Bosch one (which incidentally is only supplied in the housing).

I will contact my supplier tomorrow and ask for a price from Bosch of the sensor only and see what they come back with but don't hold your breath - I was quoted £135 for 10off four years ago (in the housing).

Ron
Old 16th September 2010, 08:02   #12
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Those copy parts look so convincing but will fail very quickly and ends up being a false economy. I have been searching the site here to see how to change the MAF or where it is. I have a 75 Haynes manual and the 47R workshop manual and will look in there. Yesterday the 75 had a problem pulling off and it took an age to pick up power. The fuel rail and pressure sensor was recently replaced at 102K ..of course it might not be the MAF

I have seen how to carry out the test but am not sure how to disconnect it.

thanks
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th September 2010, 08:11   #13
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

I have just found it in the 'how to' section' in the how to clean the maf sensor.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 14:09   #14
Matt1960
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverron View Post
I have no problem with owners fitting the oem part, but £80 will not buy you one.

Bosch's website warns about counterfeit parts....

The problem with them is that you cannot rely on them working exactly as the Bosch one does nor being as reliable. So if you fit one and the performance is still not right, you will be inclined to look for another cause (eg the Synergy etc). For this reason I also do not recommend any other mafs.

I'd more than happy to sell only Synergy 1s and the Bosch maf if I could get them for £40 (the price the seller of the £80 ones will be paying for them).
Indeed anyone is welcome to buy a Synergy 1 for £149 instead of a Synergy 2 and sort out their own maf problems. Just do this before you fit the Synergy please!

So the reason for the Synergy 2 and Pierburgh is that together these cost about the same as a genuine Bosch one (which incidentally is only supplied in the housing).

I will contact my supplier tomorrow and ask for a price from Bosch of the sensor only and see what they come back with but don't hold your breath - I was quoted £135 for 10off four years ago (in the housing).

Ron

Ron,
You have clearly said that you believe these Bosch MAF sensors are fake, but the seller has clearly said that they are original.
http://www.worldcarparts.co.uk/Defau...&ProductID=606
And from the sellers description they clearly define OE and aftermarket.

I really dont see that anybody could doubt their integrity without evidence. (unless they had a commercial interest in trying to deter people from using them)
Matt
Attached Images
File Type: jpg maf2.JPG (30.2 KB, 14 views)
Matt1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 15:11   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

The EGR will make a difference, but not a vaste difference unless it is choked up. I would suggest cleaning up the one you have and blanking the vacuum pipe is as good as a bypass type - I noticed no difference between the OEM one and a bypassed one.

My MAF wasn't suspect and my car had 97K under its belt when I fitted the S2, but I gave it a clean anyway, but no dirt/oil came off. I actually ran some diagnostics tests on my MAF and posted the results for comment a while back - no one commented on the figures I obtained, but you are welcome to check your figures against mine. My figures definately proved my MAF was responding to variations in flow, but with nothing to compare the figures to....
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 15:13   #16
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt1960 View Post
I really dont see that anybody could doubt their integrity without evidence. (unless they had a commercial interest in trying to deter people from using them)
Matt
My supplier (a major parts stockist) replied to my forwarding him the link...

"It would appear the sensor is either a cheap copy or Meat and Doria as they are the only one doing them, check on the full bosch unit and they are £120 +vat"

Eurocarparts sell them retail at £187 which is the cheapest i've seen them.
So since Bosch don't supply the sensor separately, where do they come from?

Italian company Meat & Doria do make a sensor compatble with the Bosch one but its not obviously labelled as Bosch. I've no experience of these one so can't comment on them.

I have no commercial interest - what profit is made from Pierburgh maf sales is irrelevant - I only stock them to make it easy for customers and my prices are higher because my warranty is better. (I don't make you wait weeks with no maf whilst your faulty one is tested)
In fact Pierburgh now make one for the L series Rovers & MGs and we stock these as it saves us making Mafams. If and when they make one for the 75/ZT/TD4, I'll be happy to stock it and sell Synergy 1s instead.

Ron
Old 29th September 2010, 15:38   #17
JustinF80
Avid contributor

MG ZT+ 135 CDTI Synergy2

I ordered a MAF for my ZT from World Car Parts in Feb 2010.

All I am posting are the facts of the transaction, in no way is there any inferance that what was supplied what not a genuine part.

1. The MAF arrived in a box branded Meat & Doria
2. The MAF itself was clearly marked as bosch and looked identical to the original one
3. The MAF would appear to have suffered degration as I have had to switch the MAF compensation part of my synergy 2 back on at the highest setting (range 7 to 9 power ON MAF ON). Millage covered since fitment would have been around 10,000 miles.

I have contacted World Car Parts regarding the warrenty however they require a garage report to say its that the part definatly has a fault, as we know MAF degredation does not appear as a fault code so im stuck.

As stated at the beginning all I am posting are the facts regarding my experiance with this part.

Justin

Last edited by JustinF80; 29th September 2010 at 15:41..
JustinF80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 15:57   #18
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Might it be worth someone drawing WCP's attention to the postings on the subject?
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 16:40   #19
kissifer1972
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Conn Tourer & Rover 75 CDT Conn SE Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roverron View Post
My supplier (a major parts stockist) replied to my forwarding him the link...

"It would appear the sensor is either a cheap copy or Meat and Doria as they are the only one doing them, check on the full bosch unit and they are £120 +vat"

Ron
So is your supplier saying he can supply genuine Bosch at £120 + VAT??

Chris
Genuine Rover Xenons - now removed and sold
Kenlowe fan
Synergy 2
EGR Bypass
kissifer1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2010, 16:59   #20
Roverron
Gets stuck in

Rover

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by kissifer1972 View Post
So is your supplier saying he can supply genuine Bosch at £120 + VAT??

Chris
No, he's saying he'll supply me!

I would charge the same as Eurocarparts.

It will be genuine Bosch though.

Still cheaper to use a Pierburgh and Synergy 2 (£262), than a Bosch and Synergy 1. (£340)
Not to mention that when the Bosch one fails out of warranty its £119 more than another Pierburgh. (£68)

Ron

PS MAtt1960 must fall for all the email scams if he believes every 'its too good to be true' email and website blurb!