Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 7th March 2007, 20:20   #1
ali355

75 cdt saloon

Default Zt Mk1 front bumper on to rover 75 Mk1

Hello all. i'm a bit of a noob when it comes to the 75 but have been an Rover 200/400 owner for the past 7 years. Have stumbled across this forum thanks to google and I have a question- Could any one tell me if it is possible to fit a zt bumper directly onto a rover 75? If so does it require any major modifications to the brackets, wheel arch liners etc? I have had a word with a body shop about maybe fitting one to a 75 i'm picking up at the weekend, and they just want to be absolutely sure how different the two bumpers are before they give me a quote.
ali355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 20:51   #2
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi there ali355 and welcome to the forums,

a 75/ZT bumper should be a straight swap, you will have to swap the front grill over to the ZT one another thing might be the bonnet opening catch.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th March 2007, 21:13   #3
GreyGhost
Banned

180+ Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post
Hi there ali355 and welcome to the forums,

a 75/ZT bumper should be a straight swap, you will have to swap the front grill over to the ZT one another thing might be the bonnet opening catch.
The grill is built into the ZT bumper unlike the 75 where it is a separate piece.
There should be no significant difference between the 75 front end and the ZT front end so the bumper will go straight on.
As Kandy says if you have the older bonnet catch that is accessed through the grill then you will have to source and fit the later version that has a lever above the slam panel.
There are great differences between the Mk1 and MK2 ZT bumpers so make sure you get the right one for your 75

Mk1 bumper
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MG-ZT-FRONT-BU...ayphotohosting

Mk2 bumper
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ROVER-75-ZT-20...QQcmdZViewItem
GreyGhost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 22:01   #4
ali355

75 cdt saloon

Cheers for the advice. I have now bought a MK 1 bumper thats being prepped and sprayed as we speak, Just hope that there wont be any nasty surprises when the 75 bumper comes off and the ZT one is put on. From my (very limited) first impressions the only things that I can think of that could be problematic are the indicators and fogs which I am trying to get hold of, and the bonnet catch.
Will let you know how I get on!
ali355 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th March 2007, 22:45   #5
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

Hi,

See if you can do some before and after pictures,

One thing to do when the bumper is off is to empty and clean the washer bottle and give it a good clean and check all the headlight wiring to make sure it's not rubbing on metal seems as this has been the cause of a few faults.

Here's a pic of my car with the bumper off and you can see the washer bottle on the left

Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote