Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 17th September 2019, 22:02   #21
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

Yes, I am well aware that I have faith in him. He has never let me down before and I suppose this is a challenge for him but I do not have many options in garages around here that I am aware of so maybe scrapping it is the easy way out, which I am trying to avoid and over relying on my garage I suppose.
skinnyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 12:05   #22
thanos.m
Avid contributor

Rover 75 saloon

If you are looking for an engine I can offer you the engine of my old 75 v6 auto sadly I don't have engine hoist so will need someone to help me get it out but the front end is already missing which should make things easier. The car now has 88900 miles it runs beautifully and it had a full service including spark plugs at 86200 miles and i have the full service history as well it also had the belts done according to the garage that maintained it.
Regards,
Thanos.
thanos.m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 12:16   #23
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnyL View Post
Update, sorry to take so long.

My garage is a wee bit too busy to work on my car due to mechanic off sick and him too busy doing m.o.t.s etc. I know he is not too keen on working on the car, anyway.

He states when revved it now blows blue smoke and he feels the rings may need replacing, he also feels a conrod may be bent and it looks like I am going to be throwing a lot of money at this problem. I have told him that I will try and sourse an lowish mileage engine form somewhere and could he fit it and he was agreeable to do that, so doe's anyone know of an V6 2.5 ENGINE available suitable for my 2003 tourer.

Many thanks
James. The previous post to this one is from a member with a very kind offer of an engine for you.

Hope you pop back in to see it.

I can't PM you as I have none left.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th September 2019, 15:33   #24
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2003 2.5 V6 Auto Conn Tourer (Scotland) Rover 75 2000 2.0 V6 Conn (Spain)

thanos.m
I am sending a private message.

Many Thanks
Old 27th November 2019, 20:28   #25
skinnyL
Avid contributor

At last I have the car back and running.

I purchased a bare second hand engine but unfortunately my garage could not work on it and it was in the garage approx. 10 weeks due to hime being busy, mechanics off sick, on holiday ect. I could go on.

Anyway I received the car back 2 weeks ago and running sweetly for a few days, had to travel over to Edinburgh to pick up a new telly and as I drove into the currys/pc world car park a guy pointed to my front as all the coolant was running out. Called the AA, they would not attend as the car was on a SORN unless I paid £145.00, I had put it on a SORN 2 days before as I read it as: the Sorn will come into effect after the tax runs out which is 31/11, but no the SORN is effective immediately, so a warning to anyone who is not sure like me. Anyway the AA did attend, but I had to contact the DVLA then hand the phone to the AA man who was told the car was in fact taxed. He rectified the fault, the bottom hose of the radiator had come off due to the securing clip not being in place! The car is running smoothly temperature gets to 84-87 degrees and actually stays there using the Ikp? on the dash. The only other problem is the door mirrors do not adjust, have checked and changed fuses under passenger footwell, but I don't care as the car is going well and it is Saved from the Scrappy. Now I can hopefully relax over the coming voting and of course Christmas and New Year which I am spending in Spain this year, so I hope my V6 saloon out there is going to behave itself. Many thanks to all for the comments and recommendations during this period.
Old 27th November 2019, 21:01   #26
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Quote:
... the bottom hose of the radiator had come off due to the securing clip not being in place!
It doesn't get any better does it James.
Quote:
... temperature gets to 84-87 degrees and actually stays there using the Ikp? on the dash.
I hate to say this but that's too cool. Your thermostat must be faulty. The running temperature should be in the low nineties.

Simon
Old 27th November 2019, 21:45   #27
Mike Noc
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDT Manual Connoisseur SE, Rover 75 CDT Automatic Connoisseur SE & a Freelander Td4.

Thanked 3,119 Times in 2,247 Posts

Quote:
At last I have the car back and running......... The only other problem is the door mirrors do not adjust, have checked and changed fuses under passenger footwell, but I don't care as the car is going well and it is Saved from the Scrappy.
Usually the switch panel just needs cleaning to restore mirror operation - only a ten minute job and there is probably a 'how to' on here if you haven't done the job before.
Mike Noc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2019, 22:18   #28
skinnyL
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
It doesn't get any better does it James.

I hate to say this but that's too cool. Your thermostat must be faulty. The running temperature should be in the low nineties.

Simon
Yes. but I love the car and still look back whenever parking it up as it always looks so good.

The temperature problem I thought had been resolved, although I had a wee nagging in my head that it should be operating slightly higher. The garage obviously removed most parts off the old engine and I bought a timing belt kit, water pump and new temperature sensor, manifold seals so assumed all would be ok. Will contact my garage again tomorrow. Many thanks
Old 28th November 2019, 10:48   #29
kaiser
This is my second home

75 Tourer 2.5 Auto, 1.8T, 75V8ZT

There is nothing wrong with your temperature!
With heater on and cold ambient, this is perfect!
Old 28th November 2019, 11:02   #30
T-Cut
This is my second home

Rover75 and Mreg Corsa.

Thanked 3,660 Times in 2,924 Posts

Here's the HowTo fix the Door Switch mentioned above: https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...ead.php?t=4821

TC
T-Cut is offline   Reply With Quote